homepage

Voice Attack Software for Elite

Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie

Voice Attack Software for Elite - 01/24/16 12:29 PM

Installed this today. Pretty darn neat. Freed up a bunch of functions so I can assign my HOTAS more efficiently.

I had trouble getting it to understand my commands initially. Turns out my mic's boost had been too low and the software could not hear my speech well enough to discern what I was saying. Worked well once I fixed that. Some more tweaks in this thread :-

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32381

T
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Voice Attack Software for Elite - 01/24/16 08:54 PM

The initial cool factor wears off after a while. Even with 95% accuracy, it's still quicker to push a button or flick a switch and those are 100% accurate.

Re: Voice Attack Software for Elite - 01/25/16 03:43 AM

I don't use it for all functions particularly the ones that require split second immediacy such as getting out of supercruise at safe distances, hardpoints, switching fire groups etc.

Other than that it works really well, even with stuff such as heat sinks, chaff, shield cells, hyperjump, landing gear, etc etc. If frees up the HOTAS to a few essential buttons, without cluttering all the functions with the finger dance.

Re: Voice Attack Software for Elite - 01/25/16 06:42 AM

What HOTAS do you have? On my WH, heat sinks, shield cells, and chaff are on the CMS button. Landing gear is the FLAPS switch. I really don't have to take my hands off the HOTAS now... I can even navigate the menus with the HOTAS.

The only thing I miss with the voice commands was the "instant" setup of my pips. I liked the way I can just say "turtle" and I'll get 4 SYS and 2 ENG without having to look at my HUD.

Re: Voice Attack Software for Elite - 01/25/16 05:38 PM

CH Products Pro Throttle and Fighterstick, Logitech G27 Pedals.

I can fit pretty much everything with the available buttons on the HOTAS and all within a simple finger flick but I don't need to do the extra finger dance with Voice Attack. Don't need to remember which button to press. I can just concentrate on a few buttons that I use for maneuvering the ship.

Some folks may have had problems getting the software to recognize their commands but I feel a lot of that has to do with not setting up the voice capture properly. I bumped up my mic's boost and VA works flawlessly.

You gave me an idea with that 'Turtle' concept.
Posted By: Brennus

Re: Voice Attack Software for Elite - 01/25/16 10:56 PM

Re: Voice Attack Software for Elite - 01/26/16 04:08 AM

Yeah, I had settings for easier combat or evasion:
4 ENG, 2 SYS - for running away
4 ENG, 2 WPN - for attacking an easily-killed but maneuverable enemy
4 WPN, 2 SYS - for attacking a big enemy that isn't so maneuverable
4 SYS, 2 WPN - for attacking an enemy that fights back, so I need harder shields
4 ENG, 1 SYS, 2 WPN - for cruising at max speed but also making sure my other capacitors are recharging

Don't use VA now since I'm just doing grinding stuff. Would be fun to use it again.

I guess with all my extra switches on the base of the throttle, makes it easier to map more things.
Posted By: komemiute

Re: Voice Attack Software for Elite - 01/26/16 09:26 AM

What I like of the latest version of Voice Attack is the possibility of setting up flags-

This way, and along the If/then/else statements, I can smart-control lights and landing gear.

I.e.: I don't have to care anymore about how my lights are, I can turn them off or on with absolute certainty.
The best part is doing that with the Huey- if you ask me that's where Voice Attack really shines:
controlling your crew with voice....
© 2024 SimHQ Forums