homepage

Elite Dangerous For X Box One Confirmed.

Posted By: Cicero

Elite Dangerous For X Box One Confirmed. - 03/04/15 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: David Braben
Hi everyone,

When asked, I’ve said we’d be mad not to consider bringing Elite: Dangerous to console. Well, that madness is about to end! Today we’re announcing that we will be bringing the full Elite: Dangerous to Xbox One this year. Xbox players have supported Frontier well over the years, and thanks to games like Zoo Tycoon and ScreamRide we know the hardware well, so Xbox One is a natural fit for Elite: Dangerous’ console debut.

Elite: Dangerous on Xbox One will be the complete and authentic Elite: Dangerous experience. It will not be "dumbed down". We’ll be working with an all-new audience, but that doesn’t mean a change in direction for the game, and nor does it mean slowing development on the PC version. The second of our updates – Wings – is being beta tested by some of you right now, and the third will be coming in the spring, free of charge. We’ll be talking more about the third major update – Powerplay – soon!

More players across more formats means we can devote more resources to development. The more players we have, the better the game will become. Elite: Dangerous is a living game and it will keep growing on all our formats so long as people are excited to play it.

I’m also pleased to announce PC, Mac and Xbox One players will all share the same overarching narrative and galaxy state. That means even more players contributing to the wars, power struggles and Community Goals across the galaxy.

If you want to keep up to date on our Xbox One release you can sign up to be kept informed at [url="http://www.elitedangerous.com/xboxone"]http://www.elitedangerous.com/xboxone[/url] .

With the new Mac and Xbox One players joining us we’ll see new faces on the forums and we hope you’ll make them feel welcome. The Elite: Dangerous community has always been strong, and I’m sure it’ll be even stronger the more it grows.

Thanks for playing, and Right On, Commanders.

David

Original thread here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=121383

Thoughts?

I'll be honest. Speaking as someone who bought the game for the Offline Mode which was officially cancelled a week before beta, and is still annoyed about the way in which that came about I have very mixed feelings about this.
Posted By: Peally

Re: Elite Dangerous For X Box One Confirmed. - 03/04/15 08:23 PM

Nothing wrong with it IMO
Posted By: komemiute

Re: Elite Dangerous For X Box One Confirmed. - 03/04/15 09:28 PM

Agree nothing wrong- Also I guess will not be a shared galaxy.
Posted By: kludger

Re: Elite Dangerous For X Box One Confirmed. - 03/05/15 12:28 AM

Cool hopefully will create some new space sim nerds like us thumbsup

I also heard Wasteland 2 is coming to PS4, so maybe these will introduce the younger console generation to the turn based tactics and simming which most of us grew up on, I know War Thunder does pretty well on PS4.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums