homepage

Interdictions in 3.9

Posted By: Cicero

Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/21/14 08:47 PM

Holy hell! I'd seen reports over on the official forums but wow....first time out, running a mission between Azeban Orbital and Azeban City (A distance of .10LS) I got jumped 3 times. Never even got a chance to find the escape vector on any of them.

That's, err, a bit more than I expected. Been flying with KB+Mouse so far. Going to have to actually clear some space and get my warthog set up I think. The recent changes to interdictions are fun but this is a little bit overbaked, I think.
Posted By: Master

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/21/14 09:59 PM

Is that players interdicting or just AI?
Posted By: Brun

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/21/14 10:10 PM

The very first mission I took last night, I got interdicted but didn't try too hard to escape. Ended up in a scrap with a Dangerous NPC Viper who took my shields down immediately but I escaped from fairly quickly with 81% hull integrity.

The 19% repairs cost more than the mission paid. After the sterility of previous betas, it's actually good to know that Elite can be Dangerous.

Since then I've paid more attention to avoiding being interdicted, but it is sometimes a bit of a struggle and I can appreciate using KB+mouse would be difficult.

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/21/14 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Master
Is that players interdicting or just AI?

Playing solo so AI. Seems they are looking at toning it down a bit though. There also seems to be a bug where the ship doing the interdiction doesn't show up on your scanner until it's already too late.

Interdicted 5 times now. Didn't even see the escape velocity marker they were all so quick.
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/21/14 10:36 PM

Don't use repair all in the Station Service tab. Its bugged and gives out a 1000% markup on all your repairs.
Posted By: Brun

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/21/14 11:07 PM

Ouch. Sounds like typical car dealership, thanks for the heads-up.

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/22/14 08:14 PM

Much better in Gamma. Been jumped about three times but evaded them all. Now I've got all my Hotas and the rest of it set up I might get a bit, err, violent. Tried to combat tutorial. Kind of easier, isn't it, with a joystick..:D
Posted By: kestrel79

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/24/14 11:45 PM

So when you get interdicted for the most part is it just people scanning you? Or are they out to destroy you and it's something you want to avoid?
Posted By: komemiute

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/25/14 12:28 AM

Impossible to know beforehand.
Experience can tell you what- mainly based on the type and government of the system.
All in all a good game mechanic- never been bothered by it and plenty room to choose whether to fight it or surrender.

It's not an obliged happening.
Posted By: komemiute

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/25/14 12:30 AM

Also- if there aren't too many blips behind you in the scanner you can usually lock & check at least the type of ship trying to get a grip on you...
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/25/14 03:07 AM

I gave in an pre-ordered today. I only wish I could play it now.
Posted By: kludger

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/25/14 03:09 AM

Will they implement some consequences for civilians interdicting you when you aren't wanted and not carrying any contraband?

Right now it seems like we can get interdicted even when we haven't done anything wrong? if we assume when it's not the cops then it's a pirate doing it and shoot first do we become wanted?

Seems like interdicting someone without cause should be like forcing people to pull over on the freeway, if the person did nothing wrong the person who made them pull over should pay some consequence if they aren't law enforcement, but maybe I'm not understanding the rules yet?
Posted By: Peally

Re: Interdictions in 3.9 - 11/25/14 04:09 AM

I agree, and I think bounties in general should be really beefed up. There's no profit in hunting down wrong-doers because the bounty for taking out a murdering pirate is peanuts.

All that sucks as the idea of hunting down known wanted and dangerous folks across the stars is appealing.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums