homepage

MW5 Closed Beta

Posted By: Clydewinder

MW5 Closed Beta - 11/27/19 04:40 AM

The closed beta released today. If you pre-ordered log on to www.mw5mercs.com and get your key
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 11/27/19 05:06 AM

*If you pre-ordered the community edition way back when, not the pre-order on Epic.

I don't get it until the 10th, but I think I've seen enough on videos to know it looks good! Really want to see some coverage of the story/campaign etc.

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 11/27/19 12:21 PM

Beta version is instant action only, at least that's what I saw yesterday

Only had time to try one drop but it's pretty good... built a lance of 4 with 3 heavies and myself in a Phoenix Hawk and laid waste to a bunch of tanks, turrets, light mechs until coming up against an Awesome... he f'd me up with some PPCs, but I survived and took out his CT... after doing that a comms message came up with something like "good job but a waste of parts"... so there must be some kind of salvage system like BattleTech TBS.... next time i'm shooting for the legs!
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 11/27/19 04:08 PM

I've watched quite a bit of Twitch already and the game's AI looks really easy, even on hardest difficulty. Otherwise, the game looks awesome. So the only crack is the AI.

What I'd really like is to see MWO ported to that engine with all the destructible structures.

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 11/27/19 06:03 PM

AI isn't that bad, but I think is scalable in the full version. Apparently the devs have said if they have to tweak it that it isn't a big deal to do.
The game looks really good, and we haven't seen anything but the most basic form of it. Looking forward to seeing the story/campaign and everything between missions.
Posted By: RedOneAlpha

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 11/28/19 09:59 AM

Nice!

Red

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 11/28/19 05:03 PM

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 11/30/19 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
AI isn't that bad, but I think is scalable in the full version. Apparently the devs have said if they have to tweak it that it isn't a big deal to do.
The game looks really good, and we haven't seen anything but the most basic form of it. Looking forward to seeing the story/campaign and everything between missions.

The AI does try to engage and disengage to cool down, I would like to see it try to torso twist or angle to protect damaged components. That would add a lot to AI mechs being able to survive in combat. Tanks on the other hand, well, those are for steppin' on! wink

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 12/01/19 01:50 PM

Can you team kill your teammates in co-op mode?

The game definitely looks like what they should port MWO to.

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 12/01/19 07:01 PM

I'm sure I'll find out. If anyone can get an accidental TK, it's me.
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 12/01/19 08:54 PM

If it ever comes out on Steam I might consider it.

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 12/01/19 09:00 PM

Well if you can TK your own teammate then you can hold duels versus other players.

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 12/11/19 11:39 PM

Well, that sux, hope they do fix the co-op...

Red

Re: MW5 Closed Beta - 12/12/19 12:07 AM

Haven't tried coop, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. If you like the Battletech TBS game, but want it first person, you'll like it. Mechs are more "weighty" than in MWO. Effects are satisfying. The grind is a little slow, like in Battletech, so I'm just now up to a few mediums.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums