homepage

Project Reality meets Mechwarrior

Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Project Reality meets Mechwarrior - 01/17/17 02:49 PM

Pretty good way to describe it. I still need to give it a go since it's got life again.

https://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Project Reality meets Mechwarrior - 01/18/17 03:02 AM

I wonder,... did they ever get joystick/HOTAS support working well in MWLL?
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Project Reality meets Mechwarrior - 01/18/17 01:34 PM

I know where the guy in the above video is coming from, I even have the music from the MechWarrior disks on my Ipod to listen to
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Project Reality meets Mechwarrior - 01/18/17 05:36 PM

The changelog for the last patch does mention some joystick fixes, but I haven't tried.
https://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/changelog.txt
Posted By: malibu43

Re: Project Reality meets Mechwarrior - 01/27/17 08:04 PM

While I appreciate his enthusiasm, his message is a little confusing...

He seems very excited about the game play experience recreating that of the MW2 intro. It seems to me that MWO delivers that experience pretty well and with much better graphics than MWLL. But he completely ignores MWO as an option and seems fixated on MWLL being the only game that allows that.

He also makes a big deal about the ability to drive tanks and move around on foot, which admittedly MWO can't do. But again, he focuses so much on recreating the experience from the MW2 intro, and piloting tanks and moving around on foot wasn't part of that at all.

His video linked above made we want to try MWLL, but then I watched other gameplay videos online and it honestly didn't look any more exciting or engaging to me than MWO.
Posted By: Punkture

Re: Project Reality meets Mechwarrior - 02/10/17 01:34 PM

I had MWLL installed for the longest time, but GPU really couldn't handle it. Had a new itch for mech combat and DL'd/installed MWLL community version. My question is how do I find servers to play on today? Thanks!
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Project Reality meets Mechwarrior - 02/12/17 06:17 PM

MWLL > MWO

There's no comparison. MWLL is superior, overall. I do have one gripe about MWLL, however, in that the 'mechs are sometimes funky to control, but I think that's more a function of them being actual giant death machines instead of reskinned player characters pretending to be robots in MWO.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums