homepage

MWO: ghost town

Posted By: Feetwet

MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 02:19 PM

So lonely Saturday night. Wife out of town, no responsibilities, a new Atlas D build, and my poor sandbox was empty. sigh

On a brighter note that version of the D is stupid powerful.

S
Posted By: kludger

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 02:35 PM

Yeah busy work week and working all weekend cut into my gaming time... having withdrawals and hope to be back tonight.
Posted By: Azshal

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 04:24 PM

I played Final Fantasy 13 or Pinball Arcade this weekend. I needed a break.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 05:23 PM

Yeah, I have been plugging away at The Last of Us...which is amazing!

I had to skip friday night while my AC was getting fixed. To put Houston in perspective... the devil himself has a house downtown but to avoid the heat he summers in hell.

So it was pugging for me on saturday. It is surprising how quickly 2 lrm20s can go thru 900 missiles.

S
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 05:31 PM

Sinner, Sandman and I were on last night, but it was pretty late. Ran a while Friday, but no one was on.
Some good rounds last night.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
Sinner, Sandman and I were on last night, but it was pretty late. Ran a while Friday, but no one was on.

I saw sinner on about 9:00. I was going to join him as soon as I finished a movie but by 9:30 he was gone from teamspeak. I checked a few more times before I went to bed but called it about 10.

S

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Feetwet
i had to skip friday night while my AC was getting fixed.

Your AC/20? Just buy another one. They're only a few hundred thousand C-Bills! biggrin
Posted By: sinner6

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 07:23 PM

Sorry I missed you FW. Brennus, sorry I missed you as well. One thing I wish, would be an audible cue when you get a chat message in MWO. At the very least, a timestamp in the chat window.

Good rounds last night Raw K. A couple weeks ago, I struggled to break 100 damage in a round, so for us 3 to all break 500 several times in a row made me feel like things went ok, even on the matches we did not win.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 07:34 PM

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 07:37 PM

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 07:50 PM

I saw sinner on about 9:00. I was going to join him as soon as I finished a movie but by 9:30 he was gone from teamspeak. I checked a few more times before I went to bed but called it about 10.

S

I think it was about 11 CST, then stayed up entirely too late. LOL

One round the three of us hit about the 2000 mark for damage, IIRC.
And one weird round on Alpine where everyone was out of weapons and/or ammo...except that one ppc guy on the hill. LOL
Posted By: malibu43

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 08:10 PM

Been busy lately and been playing some Flaming Cliffs 3. I plan on joining you guys tomorrow night, though.
Posted By: Brennus

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 10:54 PM

Busy week, crazy azz weekend. I'll try to free up some time tomorrow night after work.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/17/13 11:00 PM

I still want to get FC3, but haven't gotten around to it. I could use some A-10 action.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/18/13 03:08 PM

I still want to get FC3, but haven't gotten around to it. I could use some A-10 action.

If you get it (maybe the sale on the 20th), let me know if you want to try some MP.

I've never done any mulitplayer flying in any sim. It sounds like it would be fun.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/18/13 03:35 PM

I'm getting ready to jump back into FC3, just let me know when you guys wanna jump online.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/18/13 04:16 PM

considering I will need 4 weeks of flight school to power up the engine I feel a little intimidated by FC3

S

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/18/13 04:40 PM

I'd be playing on "dumbass" settings. Not bouncing off of the ground, but more along the lines of Wings Over Europe than study sim. Just let me take off, fly around and blow crap up. I don't want a full start up sequence. I'm not too interested in flight school. LOL
That was the point of FC3 over DCS A10 though, right?

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/18/13 05:00 PM

Hey Raw, got to thinking about the match last night when I was the last mech standing. I do wish I could have taken my ATLAS and tbag that dang spider. That would have made the round perfect.

S

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/18/13 05:05 PM

You do realize that engine start-up in FC3 is controlled via a single hotkey? Seriously, we should jump online sometime in the near future, the challenge w/ FC3 isn't the avionics, it's the tactical use of air assets.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/18/13 05:16 PM

Hey Raw, got to thinking about the match last night when I was the last mech standing. I do wish I could have taken my ATLAS and tbag that dang spider. That would have made the round perfect.

S

An atlas on a spider like that would be very disturbing. LOL

Brennus: that's what I like to hear!
To be honest, my favorite flight game is one that came out a few months after the 360 launched. Very light on controls, but the missions, flight and weapons were well done. In MP, you could fly for 10 minutes and might not find anyone without radar on, but radar just made you a target. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZVy7ydhmXtf_2gqdbUpDsq1zhnHtIPCJ

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/24/13 08:36 PM

(Rather than creating a new thread, I though I'd just kick this one back to life since it already has the right title...)

It's been quiet around here lately. Have we just run out of stuff to talk about, or have you guys been playing a little less too? I played a few games this weekend, but it was starting to feel a little stale. Plus DCS Huey has got me punching/chopping holes in the virtual sky again instead of marching around in big stompy lazor robots.

Maybe I need to buy some new mechs or something...

Or maybe I should post a rage-quit thread in the MWO forums and then start playing again a few days later. That's what everyone else does...
Posted By: Clydewinder

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/24/13 08:45 PM

i've been playing nearly every day, just started on my second cataphract yesterday

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/24/13 08:54 PM

I still play when I can. My OT is killing me right now and I have gotten absolutely pulled into The Last Of Us. I try to be on at least Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights.

In summary, I am still around just on a sleep induced reduction in schedule.

S

PS. The Last of US is bad a$$. Best PS3 game I have played in a long time...should be finishing it up tonight.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/24/13 11:07 PM

Work had put a serious crimp on my gaming time, still playing a few nights a week, was on MWO Thu, Fri and Sat working on my Dragons, hope to be on during the week too.

Last of Us is awesome too, but I haven't had time to play it much either and I prioritize MWO over other stuff lately.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/25/13 12:39 AM

I should be free if anyone wants to jump online tonight.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/25/13 05:34 AM

Played as much as I could over the weekend to see how I could do in the contest, but didn't get in much time after Fri. Sinner and I got in some "sync drops" purely by chance. Then my pc had some hard locks again and finally my OS drive seems to have crapped out on me. No problem, an excuse to upgrade to a ssd drive! Should be here Wed. Hoping that's the only issue, but seems to be the case so far.
Until then, hitting the trails in Red Dead again.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/25/13 12:50 PM

Ah, a little bit of the wild, wild west. I never was any good at savin' people from the noose. I will be on tonight but I really wished today was a patch day...even if it was just minor weapons tweaks.

S
Posted By: WeaselGX

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/26/13 04:38 AM

I've been traveling for work so I have been away from my computer. I also got in on that DCS summer sale and have opted for some DCS Huey action. Will be back this weekend.

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/26/13 05:33 AM

Good games tonight!

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/26/13 01:16 PM

Agreed, good games. Only there was a little too much Sim on HQ violence. winkngrin

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/26/13 02:54 PM

I jumped on around 10 PDT last night and was on for about 40 minutes, but I didn't see any of you guys. Was I too late?

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/26/13 03:06 PM

Most people dropped around 11:30-12:00 central...so you just missed us.

S

Re: MWO: ghost town - 06/26/13 03:15 PM

MechWarrior Online (06/25/13)
Posted By: Donik

Re: MWO: ghost town - 07/02/13 01:32 PM

I'd be interested in playing with you guys if you don't mind? Haven't played in a while but I pop in for a PUG every now and then. smile

Re: MWO: ghost town - 07/02/13 02:52 PM

Welcome aboard. I'm hoping for a patch today but I don't see anything yet. They said big things in July...well its the second guys lets go....

S
Posted By: MojoFlow

Re: MWO: ghost town - 07/02/13 03:13 PM

Donik,

Post your in-game handle to this thread: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3616442/MechWarrior_Online_handle_list#Post3616442

Then we can add as a friend in game.

We have Tuesdays picked as "MWO Night", so it is usually busier then, but you will find people on on most nights. I am generally on later in the evening.

Cheers!

Re: MWO: ghost town - 07/02/13 04:15 PM

Shoot out some FR's and jump right in. Always glad to have new blood. I think we even had 5-6 last night for some good games.
Posted By: Donik

Re: MWO: ghost town - 07/02/13 04:18 PM

Cool, good to know. I'll get those FR's out asap smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums