homepage

Disabling Tooltip

Posted By: Dirk98

Disabling Tooltip - 04/03/20 11:46 PM

Is it possible to disable Tooltip somewhere in the settings or console?

Thanks.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Disabling Tooltip - 04/04/20 11:45 AM

Hi Dirk98

What tooltip, on the cockpit dials etc? I can't remember the command in CFS3 (would likely be in configoverrides) but just move your mouse pointer off screen.

If you mean the messages trop of screen from WOFF then Shift+D. Other messages like which view you are in is in configoverrides

One of these does the latter, and one possibly the former - set to "y" of course.

First one or the last 2 I believe.

<DisableRenderText val="n"/>
<DisableLabels val="n"/>
<DisableAdvisor val="n"/>
<DisableSimWarnings val="n"/>

Re: Disabling Tooltip - 04/04/20 11:23 PM

Polovski, I meant the ones that pop up on the dials when the mouse's pointer moves over them. I know how to disable tooltips with a keystroke but it takes every time I start a flight.
Btw I can't bring up that CFS3 override console with a tilde or tilde+ctr

Thanks.
Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: Disabling Tooltip - 04/05/20 04:08 PM

As Polovski says, I just move the mouse pointer off the side of the screen as the mission is loading. Works good and very easy.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Disabling Tooltip - 04/05/20 05:48 PM

Yes, move the pointer off the screen. When you click to go fly, and the mouse pointer is already far bottom right, maybe just move it another few cm to the right as the mission loads.

You can't bring up CFS3 menus, we have changed rather a lot of things, and if you could you would likely break something. Likewise best not to run CFS3config either.
Posted By: HarryH

Re: Disabling Tooltip - 04/05/20 05:48 PM

the tooltips on the dials pop up in-flight occasionally if you are using TrackIR, and happen to glance in a dial's general direction, with the mouse pointer left somewhere on-screen other than the edge. As mentioned above, just make sure to move your mouse pointer to the extreme edge of the screen prior to takeoff.

Re: Disabling Tooltip - 04/07/20 09:20 AM

Yes, the extreme edge works fine for me, thanks.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums