homepage

WOFF Crashes Before Debrief

Posted By: Space_Ghost

WOFF Crashes Before Debrief - 08/15/18 01:17 PM

Hey All,

Just wanted to see if I can get any assistance for this issue that is listed in the FAQ that I'm experiencing.

The FAQ has a subsection for crashes before reaching the debrief screen - I've tried disabling campaign music/videos, running the command listed in the text, reviewed the Microsoft KB article about the problem and I'm still having no luck.

Basically, any time I end a mission I end up back at my computer's desktop, WOFF never reopens, I can never complete the debrief, the mission never gets counted and my campaign never progresses.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Re: WOFF Crashes Before Debrief - 08/15/18 01:53 PM

I'm completely dead in the water... Tested this against 2 campaigns and 8 missions... Only a single mission successfully returned to the debrief screen and I didn't change any settings or anything else to allow for it.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: WOFF Crashes Before Debrief - 08/15/18 02:08 PM

Space_Ghost

take a copy of all the files in the "Logs" folder which is under the "WOFF" folder. Follow the FAQ procedures regarding sending this stuff off to the Devs.
Make sure you do not restart WOFF until you have done this.

I don't have the answer but the devs should be able to help with this.

Best Regards;
Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: WOFF Crashes Before Debrief - 08/15/18 02:17 PM

I am afraid that at this point I would advise you to follow the FAQ for a proper uninstall/install process.

Re: WOFF Crashes Before Debrief - 08/16/18 12:17 PM

Did a clean reinstall of the OS... It was the only thing that worked.

No clue what happened there as I've never had that issue with any WOFF install before.
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: WOFF Crashes Before Debrief - 08/16/18 04:52 PM

All it takes is one or two program bytes to get messed up when installing a game and bad things can happen.

Why do you think people are advised to "refresh" their operating system every few years to keep every thing running correctly (I know because I just did that and a bunch of small problems got fixed, and WOFF UE is running better now too!!!)

Re: WOFF Crashes Before Debrief - 08/16/18 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Panama Red
All it takes is one or two program bytes to get messed up when installing a game and bad things can happen.

Why do you think people are advised to "refresh" their operating system every few years to keep every thing running correctly (I know because I just did that and a bunch of small problems got fixed, and WOFF UE is running better now too!!!)

I completely reinstall every 2-3 months and had just done so a month ago. Followed the install procedure to the T too.

Stuff happens - I'm just glad I got it working.
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: WOFF Crashes Before Debrief - 08/16/18 08:09 PM

People seem to forget that OFF / WOFF is one giant mod of CFS3 (a 2002 game) and as a result, things can happen and a complete reinstall is sometimes necessary.

I alleviate this problem by making a copy of WOFF when I originally installed the game, and if the original game "hick-ups", I just delete it and copy the original game over from my original copy.

It still takes time to copy over, but not as long (especially if on a SSD) as completely new reinstallation of the game every time.
Posted By: dutch

Re: WOFF Crashes Before Debrief - 08/18/18 08:46 AM

For some strange reason I do face only for Woff that “game can not be played” problem. Mostly it is an popup that shows something is wrong when trying to start a flight. It is happen 3 times a year, so it did armed me to face that problem.
I use the backup tool that can be found at http://www.thatoneplease.co/toolsWOFF.html and do make screen shots from the game adjustments and nVidia controlpanel.
Every OS or Woff reinstall is now much simpler and faster.

Still do not know why this only happen to Woff, while some game are awake after 2 years of hibbernating on my PC, still do play well without any faults or crashing.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: WOFF Crashes Before Debrief - 08/19/18 12:57 PM

My WOFF has never just stopped working with me not adding something incorrectly or whatever in dev in all the years but that;s PCs for you. One person's perfect program is another's nightmare, I'm sure many of us have seen it, done that, got the tee-shirt on many other programs that seem to work perfectly for others.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums