homepage

changes to d3d8.ini being overwritten

Posted By: loftyc

changes to d3d8.ini being overwritten - 07/03/18 09:52 PM

I'm looking to reduce the headshake a little be adjusting the offsetpsring and offsetresponse values in the d3d8.ini file in the main install, but the game keeps overwriting the new values with the old ones when I launch. Is there another copy that I should be editing instead? I look in the My Documents, etc, but don't see anything. Also, after editing, if I change the file to Read Only, the game won't launch, presumably b/c whatever's trying to overwrite is stopped.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: changes to d3d8.ini being overwritten - 07/03/18 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by loftyc
I'm looking to reduce the headshake a little be adjusting the offsetpsring and offsetresponse values in the d3d8.ini file in the main install, but the game keeps overwriting the new values with the old ones when I launch. Is there another copy that I should be editing instead? I look in the My Documents, etc, but don't see anything. Also, after editing, if I change the file to Read Only, the game won't launch, presumably b/c whatever's trying to overwrite is stopped.

Loftyc, I will PM you and provide a link to a custom d3dl JSGME ready mod that you can modify and activate and it will override the stock file as long as you keep the mod active.
Posted By: Stache

Re: changes to d3d8.ini being overwritten - 07/04/18 02:56 PM

Hi Lofty,

Robert will help you out.

For the record.

Assuming you installed WOFF to your C Drive
With WOFF not running, edit the file D3D8.ini file at "C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\WOFFScenery\Shaders\d3d8.ini" .

Set HeadShake=0

You can also use a JSGME mod to edit the d3d8.ini with custom settings to make it easy to turn off/off. (which is what Robert is helping with.)
Posted By: Polovski

Re: changes to d3d8.ini being overwritten - 07/05/18 09:46 AM

You need to edit the one in ..... WOFF\WOFFScenery\Shaders
Posted By: loftyc

Re: changes to d3d8.ini being overwritten - 07/05/18 10:48 AM

thanks guys; question solved! (while I'm at it, any chance you can as quickly tell me why the engine light on my car is on...?!?! )
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: changes to d3d8.ini being overwritten - 07/05/18 02:37 PM

Loftyc, I assume you don't need my help with this. Is that correct?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums