homepage

How to disable Force Feedback?

Posted By: Palajan

How to disable Force Feedback? - 10/08/17 12:35 PM

Hi all,

i am not so happy with the force feedback effects, they are tot strong, my Joystick (MS FFB2) stand is shaking completely when im firing, so i want to disable FF.
It is set "off" in the options, but the game seems to ignore it.

Is there a way to disable it in some configuration files? If yes, which ones?

Regards,
Jan
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: How to disable Force Feedback? - 10/08/17 01:50 PM

Pagan

WOFF Workshop is the place to turn it off. I presume you have done that. If not, take a look.

FFB is tailor able in the FM (flight models) for each aircraft but it is only for FM forces and not the guns and landing vibration.

I prefer to leave FFB on and just do not allow my fingers to wrap around the stick during landing. If you do that it in activates FFB because you fingers do not break the beam and so you can do the same when firing your guns.

I hope you understand my meaning.

Re: How to disable Force Feedback? - 10/08/17 04:24 PM

Hi Robert,

first thank you for your answer.
So if the FFB in the workshops is for feedback on the flight model, the surfaces etc, then i keep it on, thats sure.
My problem is simply the firing of the guns. It shakes extremely. Is there no possibility to just turn the firing FFB off??
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: How to disable Force Feedback? - 10/08/17 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Palajan
Hi Robert,

first thank you for your answer.
Is there no possibility to just turn the firing FFB off??

I'm afraid not! There is no control capability for that in the Sim!

I have learned that if you hold the stick in the groove between your thumb and trigger finger with your second finger against the side of the stick but not wrapped around it when firing, solves your problem.

Re: How to disable Force Feedback? - 10/09/17 10:34 AM

I know that there are sensors which enable/disable FFB on this joystick, im using it since many years.
I am not willing to change my grip / my way of holding the joystick while i am in a hot dogfight just to avoid an force feedback function that i dont want.
At the end im steering with my fingertips only and can not aim anymore...no thanks.

Anyway thank you for your answers.
Im thinking about another way to solve that.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums