homepage

Haven't played WOFF in forever...Wanting to buy WOFF UE...Am I getting ripped off?

Posted By: Stefnuts

Haven't played WOFF in forever...Wanting to buy WOFF UE...Am I getting ripped off? - 05/25/17 02:29 AM

Hi everyone,

The title says it.

I already own WOFF but not the WOFF UE.

The WOFF team is stating that I need to own CFS 3, which I already do, but I don't know why I need to own it now that WOFF UE is here!

How is WOFF UE? Does it contain all past WOFF builds, planes and missions? Is it worth the money?

I remember the bit of difficulty I had installing the originall WOFF with the respective patches.

I still don't own TRACKIR 5 and I desperately need to for flight sims, which are essentially dead in today's Run N' Gun market.

Please help me out.........I'd sincerely appreciate it,
Stefnuts
Posted By: MFair

Re: Haven't played WOFF in forever...Wanting to buy WOFF UE...Am I getting ripped off? - 05/25/17 03:59 PM

Stefnuts,
Yes, WOFFUE includes everything from the past and more. You can read on the website for the extras. Yes, it is worth every penny to me. You do not need CFS3 to install WOFFUE. As stated, you only need to own it. And yes, you desperately need to get TRACKIR. As far as being ripped off, if I added up every dime that was spent on OFF through WOFFUE divided by playtime it would come out as a percent of pennies on the dollar. Pretty cheap in my estimation. I hope this helps.
Posted By: Stache

Re: Haven't played WOFF in forever...Wanting to buy WOFF UE...Am I getting ripped off? - 05/25/17 09:03 PM

Hi Stefnuts,

Welcome back. You must have been busy to not post since December of 2014.

I agree with everything that MFair has said and I am 100% sure that anyone who has WOFF UE will attest to the same.
Not only do you get the all the content added, you get all the fixes that improve performance.

And you can use the USER MODS to further enhance your experience.
http://www.thatoneplease.co/indexWOFF.html

Have no fear that you are getting ripped off in any way.

Re: Haven't played WOFF in forever...Wanting to buy WOFF UE...Am I getting ripped off? - 05/25/17 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Stache
Hi Stefnuts,

Welcome back. You must have been busy to not post since December of 2014.

I agree with everything that MFair has said and I am 100% sure that anyone who has WOFF UE will attest to the same.
Not only do you get the all the content added, you get all the fixes that improve performance.

And you can use the USER MODS to further enhance your experience.
http://www.thatoneplease.co/indexWOFF.html

Have no fear that you are getting ripped off in any way.

Hi Stache..................Man, I want to move out of New England.

The last 2 years were VERY bad with a cousin dying in a car accident and other miscellaneous NONSENSE.

My Dell XPS 8700's Power Supply and Motherboard died........I suspect the Power Supply died first, sent a shock through my system and whacking my motherboard.
Dell replaced both at no charge.

Good to be back.

Thank you about posting on WOFF UE.

You're appreciated as always,
Stefnuts

Re: Haven't played WOFF in forever...Wanting to buy WOFF UE...Am I getting ripped off? - 05/25/17 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by MFair
Stefnuts,
Yes, WOFFUE includes everything from the past and more. You can read on the website for the extras. Yes, it is worth every penny to me. You do not need CFS3 to install WOFFUE. As stated, you only need to own it. And yes, you desperately need to get TRACKIR. As far as being ripped off, if I added up every dime that was spent on OFF through WOFFUE divided by playtime it would come out as a percent of pennies on the dollar. Pretty cheap in my estimation. I hope this helps.

Hi MFair,

Thank you for posting also about WOFF UE

I didn't know if I was getting bamboozled and was concerned.

Stefnuts
Posted By: Mortuus

Re: Haven't played WOFF in forever...Wanting to buy WOFF UE...Am I getting ripped off? - 05/25/17 09:41 PM

Welcome back, dude. I wouldn't say you need TRACKIR, though. Some kind of headtracking is wonderful, but I play without it fairly often, and TRACKIR specifically is pretty expensive. I use a cheaper alternative, myself. https://www.trackhat.org/shop-cfk4

There's a few other options out there as well - you might look into making your own setup using open source software, which I'm told is fairly easy. I stayed away from it because I have no experience with the inside of electronics, but if you do it's worth a Google.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums