homepage

Dark bar above the horizon.

Posted By: hood

Dark bar above the horizon. - 10/15/14 10:16 PM

When in flight in WOFF my screen is showing a dark hard edged bar about 1/2 an inch deep and 1/2 an inch above the horizon running right across the screen.This occurred suddenly and for no reason that I can think of.I can still run WOFF but I find the bar a bit disconcerting.
Have any other Woffers come across this?
I re-installed WOFF but the bar is still there.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Dark bar above the horizon. - 10/16/14 02:37 AM

Sounds like the artificial misty horizon. Take a screen cap and post it here for analysis.

Re: Dark bar above the horizon. - 10/16/14 02:59 AM

Thanks for the reply Robert.In my enormous computer ignorance I don't know how to do that.I have taken the screen shot but how to post it on this forum escapes me.I will see if I can find out on the web.
Again many thanks

Re: Dark bar above the horizon. - 10/16/14 04:26 AM

Maybe this will work
Posted By: MajorMagee

Re: Dark bar above the horizon. - 10/16/14 11:09 AM

Reported Here

And Here

I think it may have something to do with Dual Pass rendering being turned on, and the High resolution Z-Buffer turned off.
Posted By: AnKor

Re: Dark bar above the horizon. - 10/16/14 11:22 AM

MajorMagee, no it is a different issue. Dual Pass render turned on breaks the model drawing, not the sky. And by the look of the screenshot I think my DX9 mod is not even used.

What you see here is a WOFF bug with some weather files - try selecting broken clouds in the quick combat. I think it is going to be fixed in the next update, but I can't officially comment it as I'm not a developer smile

Added:
Originally Posted By: MajorMagee

And that one is a completely different from two above mentioned issues smile
It is the sun glare applied incorrectly by the CFS3 engine - behind the horizon, not in front of it, so the horizon stays dark while the sky is very bright. I think there's no way to fix it in the stock renderer, but I want to fix it someday in my DX9 one.

Re: Dark bar above the horizon. - 10/16/14 10:08 PM

Problem solved--at least to my satisfaction.
I had been doing a series of practice flights in Quick Combat but got fed up with a run of bad weather days and switched over to Weather Override, selecting Broken Saturated Cumulus Clouds and that is when the dark bar appeared.
In my stupidity I suspected everything except my cloud selection and in total panic tried everything I could think of to no avail.Finally I tried another cloud type and Eureka---no dark bar.I tested every other cloud type and no dark bar.
Broken Saturated Cumulus is the only cloud type that shows the bar.
I can live happily with that.
Many thanks to all for your interest.

Re: Dark bar above the horizon. - 10/16/14 10:45 PM

Hood;

Thanks for getting back and clarifying what the problem was. "Broken Saturated Cumulus" may be something the devs can fix somewhere down the line or possibly Ankor may have a solution.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Dark bar above the horizon. - 10/17/14 08:34 AM

Broken Saturated Cumulus is already fixed in WOFF v2.0

Re: Dark bar above the horizon. - 10/17/14 10:20 AM

thumbsup
Posted By: gaw1

Re: Dark bar above the horizon. - 11/03/14 11:43 AM

wow.......look at that!!! fixed........outstanding!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums