homepage

4K Monitor Question Adjusting Font Sizes in TAC and Labels

Posted By: johndw52

4K Monitor Question Adjusting Font Sizes in TAC and Labels - 01/16/17 07:53 PM

Hello fellow aviators,
Just purchased (2 months ago) an Acer 4k monitor. Looks and works great.The one question I have is there anyway through the game files to adjust font size larger for TAC info display. Its real tiny and have to lean in too much even with my glasses.
Other than that I love game. Great work considering its MS roots.

Thanks for your answers
Johndw
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: 4K Monitor Question - 01/16/17 08:40 PM

Go to your Users/johndw52/AppData/Roaming/OBD_Games/OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields/ViewUI.xml file and enlarge the TacticalDisplay or TacticalDisplayMetric BGScale="0.30" to some thing larger.

Re: 4K Monitor Question - 01/17/17 09:07 PM

Thanks the tac display is larger but I meant the actual messages displayed on the bottom of the tac. ex. "structures",
"airfields". They are still tiny. Sorry if I described it inaccurately.

Thanks for response,
Johndw
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: 4K Monitor Question - 01/17/17 09:53 PM

In that same file, there should be a line to change the size of those items too.

Re: 4K Monitor Question - 01/19/17 12:45 PM

Still can't find it. It has to relate to any screen message but I've tried changing quite a few without success. I guess I need to sit close to the screen. Any 4K users out there? Any inputs are welcome.
Johndw
Posted By: Polovski

Re: 4K Monitor Question - 01/22/17 07:46 PM

Edit ui.xml in WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields

the font sizes and colours are in there.

You can try
VeryLarge
Large
Medium
Small
VerySmall

no guarantees it will work but it's in there..

Try this in there instead. Backup your current.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<UI Units="imperial">
<Colours leaderColour="0xFF405000" formationColour="0xFF00600C" friendColour="0xFF204090" enemyColour="0xFFB0201C" deadColour="0xFF101010" neutralColour="0xFF505050" playerTargetColour="0xFFE0E000" missionColour="0xFFFF98C0" aiTargetColour="0xFF8020E0" frontLineColour="0xFF101010"/>
<Labels mode="Activity" distanceFactor="1" fontSize="Medium" backgroundScreen="y" dropShadow="n">
<Dots on="n" symbol="." colour="0xFF505050" fontSize="Small" backgroundScreen="n" dropShadow="n" maxRange_met="4000"/>
<MindReaderEx on="n" colour="0xFFFFFFFF" fontSize="Large" backgroundScreen="n" dropShadow="n"/>
</Labels>
<HUDText colour="0xFF204090" fontSize="Large" backgroundScreen="y" dropShadow="n"/>
<Coordinates colour="0xFF204090" fontSize="Large" backgroundScreen="y" dropShadow="n" state="nothing"/>
<TAC currRange_met="8000" minRange_met="499" maxRange_met="8000" fontSize="Large"/>
<Map show="n" showRoute="y" showBackGroundImage="y" backGroundImage="map_background.dds" showOverlays="y" fontSize="Large" showFrontLine="y" frontLineColour="0xFF000000" frontLineWeight_pix="3" frontLineStep_pix="3" currRange_met="128000" minRange_met="32000" maxRange_met="256000" maximizeOnScreen="y" generateWaterBackGround="n" waterColour="0xFF98A6B1"/>
<Instructor visible="y" colour="0xFFFFFFFF" fontSize="Large" backgroundScreen="n" dropShadow="y"/>
<Responses colour="0xFFFFFF80" fontSize="Large" backgroundScreen="n" dropShadow="y"/>
<UrgentMessages urgentMsgsAlways="n" colour="0xFFFFA0A0" fontSize="Large" backgroundScreen="n" dropShadow="y"/>
<PlayerEffects gTolerance="7" healthEffect="y" healthTexture="Health" healthColour="0xFF7F0000"/>
</UI>

Re: 4K Monitor Question - 01/23/17 08:45 PM

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Johndw
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: 4K Monitor Question - 01/24/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: johndw52
Thanks I'll give it a try.

Johndw

Johnw;

One other thing you can do to make life easier for you. Once you get the UI.XML file set up the way you like it, make a copy of it and call it something memorable like "custom UI.xml" and save it in the same directory that the "UI.xml" is in. The reason I recommend this is because every time you upgrade WOFF UE to a new version, your UI.XML file will be overwritten and your changes will be lost. It is then a simple matter to take a copy of your "custom UI.xml" file, rename it to "UI.xml" and then copy it back to the original folder the "UI.xml" file is in and it will overwrite it with your custom changes.

Hope that is clear and helps you.

Best Regards;
Posted By: FlyinJ

Re: 4K Monitor Question - 11/28/22 01:54 AM

I am trying to modify the font size for the TAC in the latest WOFF II build, and there are no entries for "fontsize" in the ViewUI.xml file, and editing the fontsize values in the "ui.xml" file in the WOFF folder doesn't change the font size in game

Any idea how I can do this in the latest version?

Thanks-
Posted By: Polovski

Re: 4K Monitor Question - 12/01/22 08:47 AM

As far as I remember the font setting for TAC doesn't do anything for the text underneath if thats what you mean, it only changes the text in the actual TAC dial.

<TAC currRange_met="8000" minRange_met="499" maxRange_met="8000" fontSize="Medium"/>

Advisor messages are the ones below it.

Change the font setting in the line for "Instructor visible"

<Instructor visible="y" colour="0xFFFFFFFF" fontSize="Medium" backgroundScreen="n" dropShadow="y"/>

On a side note for anyone reading, ‘Ctrl+T’ turns on/off the Instructor or “advisor” messages under the TAC.

(TAC image shown is for WOTR, just tried it there and it works)

Attached picture TAC WOTR.jpg
© 2024 SimHQ Forums