homepage

question on joystick advance option

Posted By: Leadtail

question on joystick advance option - 05/01/14 10:40 PM

the default scale and nullzone values for me are 64 and 36. If I want to make the deadzone smaller and decrease the sensitivity what would I set these values to?
Posted By: Minalmist

Re: question on joystick advance option - 05/02/14 12:09 AM

Is this in game or through something like CH Manager? In CH Manager if I'm reading what the help says the answer would be to lower both numbers.

Brian Wilson
Posted By: Leadtail

Re: question on joystick advance option - 05/02/14 01:04 AM

this is in the workshop.
Posted By: Nefaro

Re: question on joystick advance option - 05/02/14 05:43 AM

Lower NullZone = less dead zone. Mine are all set to 0 since my stick is pretty tight near center.

Lower Scale = less sensitive.

Here are my current Joystick Sensitivity settings:

Bank - Scale = 145 NullZone = 0

Pitch - Scale = 40 NullZone = 0

Yaw - Scale = 8 NullZone = 2

I have my Yaw set to the big rocker switch on the back side of my throttle, so I had to lower it quite a bit from the norm because the rocker is very sensitive. When I tried using a twist handle rudder, I had it at around 'Scale = 33' or so, with about 20 or 30 NullZone (since twists tend to get mixed with bank inputs). I don't use the twist anymore, unless I have to use the stick one-handed for some reason while doing so.. therefore I set it's NullZone to about 44 for emergency use and don't bother with it (the rocker is much better since I can lower the sensitivity so low).

It's a pretty simple sensitivity setup but I like it much more than others with a square box "scale" and S-curves. ROF drives me nuts because the limits of it's sensitivity curves box ends while I still have a good amount of range left in my joystick. That results in my stick being overly sensitive with that game, and there's no way to put the extra stick range to use in it, to stretch it out over a longer distance.

WOFF's sensitivity settings will just cut the end off, the lower you set them, and has no hard limit on how much axis range it will use. It means I can use my full stick range, and I'm quite happy it uses this old style setup.
Posted By: OldHat

Re: question on joystick advance option - 03/06/15 11:03 AM

I'd like to bump this thread so whoever wants to share settings again can post them here.

This screenshot shows how to get into the joystick advanced settings from the workshop.

I use the same settings as Nefaro for Bank and Pitch. For Yaw, I have it set to Scale=16, NullZone=0.

I use a Logitech force feedback 3d and Saitek Rudder pedals.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: question on joystick advance option - 03/06/15 01:00 PM

Moving this to the FAQ thread - will be useful for others as a reference thanks for the diagram Oldhat.
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: question on joystick advance option - 03/06/15 03:35 PM

Thank you very much indeed!
I never knew "dead zone" could be done thru the Workshop which has been my major beef with the 3d Extreme Pro under Win 7.
So much so I just ordered a new Thrustmaster. Well, never hurts to have a back-up stick.
CFS3 was quite ahead of its time in a lot of ways or is this more OBD magic?
Posted By: JimAttrill

Re: question on joystick advance option - 03/16/15 02:51 PM

These setting are completely different from those I have been advised to try by other flyers
Posted By: Crow

Re: question on joystick advance option - 08/04/19 09:41 PM

For Windows 7 controller calibration:

Start Button (lower left on the taskbar).
Games (in the right side column)
Tools (the bottom Tools of the 2 Tools in the menu)
Input Devices
Properties
© 2024 SimHQ Forums