homepage

About those Metric Altimeters...

Posted By: epower

About those Metric Altimeters... - 01/16/23 06:14 PM

After spending most of my 13-year OFF and WOFF career flying RFC fighters, I've jumped into French 2 seat AC for the latest DID campaign. Loving Recon wars but I've encountered a problem.

[Linked Image]
Caudron G.4

As you can see, the needle is indicating the height in feet (2319 m = 7608 ft). I can't imagine that the French, inventors of the metric system, would design an altimeter to read in imperial units. The 'U' key will alter to tooltip and tac data readout (Z) but not the needle position. Breguet 14 is the same configuration.

Prior to Recon Wars, this was an inconvenience for Immersion Nerds like myself but now it's a larger issue given the need to maintain specific altitudes for the new Photo recon and Arty spotting missions. I've scoured the forum without success so I'll ask it here.

Is there a way to change this, or would that require coding?

Thanks
Posted By: Polovski

Re: About those Metric Altimeters... - 01/16/23 07:12 PM

In this case the texture could be changed to a metric one but it's set to a imperial one to cope with the fact the Spads are also used in the British and US forces. We do not have models or cockpits that change per nation, only the outside skin.
I'll try to look at it sometime -perhaps we could swap out the VC texture depending on the nation of your pilot or something.

You could also bring up the F5 floating dials and press U to switch to metric/imperial dials.

Re: About those Metric Altimeters... - 01/16/23 09:11 PM

Thanks Pol. No worries.

I may go the F5 route, or maybe it was just a weird shipment of Caudrons from the factory that arrived with Imperial gauges.

Re: About those Metric Altimeters... - 04/18/23 01:11 AM

Taking a page from the immortal Al Swearengen, I took a different approach to the problem.

I'll just leave this here...

[Linked Image]
© 2024 SimHQ Forums