homepage

RE8 behaving like a fighter?

Posted By: 33lima

RE8 behaving like a fighter? - 12/12/22 11:35 PM

I just set up a QC (1.35) leading a flight of Fokker D.VIIs and had my a** handed to me by a dogfighting RE8 which turned very tightly and was flown VERY aggressively. Like it was a Bristol Fighter with a skilled and experienced crew. I kid you not.

I've set up this type of QC quite often and have never seen an RE8 flown like this before. Skill levels were default.

The 1.33 update changed some 2-seaters behaviour - I'd guess, the likes of the Brisfit, Cl.III, FE2b and maybe Strutter and N.12 - to be more fighter-like but that obviously shouldn't apply to RE8s. A recent campaign encounter with a flight of RE8s on a bombing mission (I think) did not show any such behaviour; they maintained formation. So what I saw may be context-sensitive, or perhaps QC will sometimes populate working aeroplanes with crews who are just unusually skilled and aggressive and really wanted to be flying fighters. Anyway, I'm mentioning this just in case it's an issue with 1.33.

Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: RE8 behaving like a fighter? - 12/13/22 06:24 AM

I've seen this before, also in quick combat. It may be an internal setting specific to that mode?
Posted By: Polovski

Re: RE8 behaving like a fighter? - 12/13/22 10:19 AM

They are allowed to fight using the front gun now, especially if separated into a fight and usually only the more experienced pilots. Lesser pilots would have reduced manoeuvres available.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums