homepage

Gunner career, possible in any way?

Posted By: trustworthykebab

Gunner career, possible in any way? - 11/08/21 01:54 PM

Hey there chaps. Was wondering…Since often pilots began their careers as observers and gunners, I was wondering if something along those lines would be possible within the limits of WOFF. I tried once, documenting my stats for myself and using the name of the AI observer, but barely the fact that observers often switch between machines made it rather undoable. Is there any possible workaround to this?
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Gunner career, possible in any way? - 11/08/21 02:17 PM

I fix to one observer with help of Mission Editor. There is a feature in Pilot roster window to set your (Player's) observer. The only condition must be met - it must be done when WOFF is not running. So, zou must close WOFF first an then run ME, open your pilot's latest mission file, assign your observer in Pilot's roster and save. Then start WOFF and check your assigned observer.

Re: Gunner career, possible in any way? - 11/08/21 02:57 PM

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot.
Posted By: epower

Re: Gunner career, possible in any way? - 11/08/21 04:07 PM

Could you not simply set auto pilot on and then hop in the back as the gunner? Not sure how long your career might last in that circumstance ...

Re: Gunner career, possible in any way? - 11/08/21 04:14 PM

That's what I used to try and do, but it's more of an issue that I'd have to keep track of a random gunner the pilot I create gets assigned. And if I wanted to change squadron I couldn't keep the stats for the same one.
Posted By: epower

Re: Gunner career, possible in any way? - 11/08/21 07:46 PM

I see. The game does appear more oriented toward the pilot end of things. Sounds like it might be moddable but I'm not expert in these matters.
I wonder if the Devs might be able to code a permanent Pilot - G/O pairing without undue hassle.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums