homepage

WOFF Front Activity

Posted By: Lucky_1

WOFF Front Activity - 04/04/21 10:57 AM

Hello all. I've never played any version of WOFF, but I was curious if the game had any action on the front lines? What I mean is, if you fly low along the lines, can you witness battles taking place? Are there troops fighting, tanks, horses, artillery, etc.? I haven't seen much of this in the way of screen shots or videos. Just looking to see if the front was alive or if it just appears as a wasteland without any activity.

I think I'm going to give the new WOFF a try when it gets released. I was a long time player of RB3D and all of its mods and this sim looks fantastic.
Posted By: LtCasey

Re: WOFF Front Activity - 04/04/21 11:38 AM

Hi,....as for me....I always witness artillery. Heavy shelling. But...I usually dont Go that low.....once down there your fodder for Archie and other fighters.
Sometimes you see Trucks and trains.
Once you are in the bird, you have plenty in your hands. Stick to your formation, navigate, Check your six, keep the bird level and straight.
As mentioned elsewhere in this forum, this Sim is designed to murder you....stay sharp. There is no reload of a previous save. DID..dead is dead.
Posted By: Albert Tross

Re: WOFF Front Activity - 04/04/21 11:49 AM

Lucky_1

The front lines are most definitely alive and full of action. Actual artillery fire pounds the trenches where the poor infantry reside.

Motor and tank convoys can be found around the front (and many other places too). As can trains and railyards crammed with rolling stock.

You'll sometimes be assigned a mission to attack the lines yourself.

Fly low enough over the front and you'll be peppered with small arms fire.

It's a living breathing front from Flanders to Alsace, quite unlike any other WW1 flight sim.

Albert
Posted By: NotRelevant

Re: WOFF Front Activity - 04/04/21 02:10 PM

I recall in old screenshots/videos seeing also marching columns of soldiers at one point that one could also strafe, though I may be wrong or that may have been removed?

Besides that, yes. There's vehicle columns/trenches/trains and the like. Also bombardment. Constant bombardment. Rather terrifying bombardment.
Posted By: Lucky_1

Re: WOFF Front Activity - 04/04/21 04:58 PM

Thanks for the answers. I know this topic is not a "make or break" feature when it comes to buying this sim, but it definitely adds another layer of realism. I used to love the close air support missions in RB3D. Although 90% of the time those were the missions where I met my demise, they were always exciting though. I'm looking forward to the release of this sim.
Posted By: LtCasey

Re: WOFF Front Activity - 04/05/21 02:10 PM

You know you can do a full observer/recon/Bomber campaign in WOFF?
And you can request a transfer any time to another unit?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums