homepage

WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon!

Posted By: Polovski

WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 05:54 PM

Hi Guys,

WM posted some exciting info, and rather than steal his thunder it's here in the link.

Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 06:25 PM

Oh man, can´t wait,...two weeks, at last.
Posted By: Adger

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 06:38 PM

Brilliant news thanks guys, forgive me but I have to ask duck ...how come WInding Man linked to Combat Ace and not here..Are we “going home” ? thumbsup
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 06:55 PM

Adger you could be on to something... eek
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 07:00 PM

What I want to know is where is the preorder button?
Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 07:07 PM

Sweeeet! Who knew that "two weeks" would at some point actually be two weeks? winkngrin
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 07:09 PM

I continue to wait with great anticipation and open wallet!

Originally Posted by Adger
Brilliant news thanks guys, forgive me but I have to ask duck ...how come WInding Man linked to Combat Ace and not here..Are we “going home” ? thumbsup

I was wondering precisely the same thing Adger, why CA? Are we indeed going home at long last?

Posted By: Hellshade

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 07:21 PM

Brilliant news. The best days for WOFF are still ahead with BHaH II. It may be a continuation of the same line but in many ways it feels like a new sim, so many things have been improved.
Posted By: Albert Tross

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hellshade
Brilliant news. The best days for WOFF are still ahead with BHaH II. It may be a continuation of the same line but in many ways it feels like a new sim, so many things have been improved.

I'm enjoying WOFF PE more than ever at the moment, so the thought of getting a bigger, brighter, much improved version in the near future, taking that enjoyment even further is fantastic news bananadance bring it on.
Posted By: AceMedic88

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 07:47 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 07:59 PM

14 days... happy news!
Posted By: Randomizer

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 08:09 PM

Still no word as to whether WOFF-PE will be a prerequisite for BH&H or will owning WOFF-UE be sufficient?

-C
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 09:45 PM

Great news! Just don't release on April 1st!
Posted By: RickityCrate1

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 09:48 PM

This is great but we can't act too surprised OBD always said" in 2 weeks"
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 10:37 PM

This would be almost as good news as the BHaH II release...
Posted By: epower

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/19/21 11:12 PM

Huh - Freaking - ZZah! bananadance
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 12:34 AM

twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks yep

Nice announcement OBD!

S!Blade<><
Posted By: gecko

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 01:16 AM

Will be buying it at the first opportunity!
Posted By: catch

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 10:03 AM

Ah time to crack open a bottle of cheap blended whiskey in tandem with the sweet aroma of faux Cuban cigars lovingly rolled on the sweaty, voluptuous inner thighs of virginal and pure maidens. Allegedly. BUT THIS IS NOT A TIME TO QUIBBLE. THIS IS A TIME TO CELEBRATE! Then .... a good lie down with a sensible hot water bottle and a good antacid. Perfect !

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 10:36 AM

What catch? No Lumpfish caviar imported by slow boat directly from the North Pacific, dyed black and heavily salted along the way to simulate the proper look and flavour? How gauche.

Posted By: rtoolooze262

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 12:53 PM

Awesome news! Finally in two weeks for real!
Posted By: SteveW

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 01:43 PM

Wow, what great news! Can't wait, great break after a long year. Will be a joy!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 02:30 PM

I hope I am not bursting anyone's bubble but I suspect WM's post on CA is just advertising to announce the coming product. CA contains many flight sim enthusiasts some of which own WOFF and don't visit SimHQ.

Best Regards
Posted By: Redwolf

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 03:32 PM

Very much looking forward to this! aroundthetree

...I am afraid to ask, but here goes - I know there are still gaps in the squadron aircraft lineage (and I know there were no new aircraft with the former PE release) - if you hold off on release till summer, could it include a new plane as well? behindcouch - or maybe there is a possible secret surprise in the mix too?

(please guys don't hate just for asking the question -- and I have heard there were plans to return to WOTR afterward, so perhaps the question is quite relevant regarding missing aircraft and plans for them...appologies, just really wondering about that)

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 04:04 PM

@ Robert, possibly but to my knowledge I can’t remember UE/PE being announced by a Dev over at CA, I could be wrong however ..but also from Winder
“We are currently in beta test phase of our new WOFF BH&H II product and will announce a release date here and on our web site in the coming weeks!

...like two or more .....

In the meantime check out our website for some great vids, pictures etc. and here on CA in the WOFF BH&H II general discussion section! WM“

....Website and CA no mention of Sim HQ, but it could all be of coincidence. Maybe I’m putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5 ? I’m sure Pol and WM will let us all know IF we are going home at all mate.

@ Redwolf my 2p worth..I’d say that with the team this far in beta testing and a probable release date of only a few weeks away a “summer” release is imo probably out of the question..thing is and it’s been mentioned numerous times..there primarily a 2 man team working 7 days , long hours there’s got to come a time when they need paying. (I can’t even imagine how long it’d take to build just 1 aircraft from scratch).

An aircraft DLC like they did with was it balance of power? could possibly be an option in the future?..that way we get 80 flyables with all the new features of BHAH II to fly soon and the Devs get paid and hopefully some of our craft that have been wish listed may appear in the future giving them some extra revenue down the line..Only my opinion of course mate. cheers

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 04:09 PM

@Adger - oh I know that, don't get me wrong - I love the series, bought EVERYTHING to date from them and will continue to do so -- and I get the bit about needing income, for sure. Just curious as I thought perhaps it was in the plans to fill the gaps (and didn't see that with PE nor apparently this one) -- all I am saying is it would certainly be the proverbial "cherry on top" with a new plane and it would also allow them to charge more too. But I get all of what you said and yes, I know it is an unlikely scenario - just thought i would ask about it cheers

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 04:17 PM

@Redwolf me too I’d have personally loved the Dolphin in fact I’ve got a list of about 10 if the devs want it, biggrin it would have been a very nice cherry mate, very nice indeed thumbsup
Posted By: ErikT

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins
I hope I am not bursting anyone's bubble but I suspect WM's post on CA is just advertising to announce the coming product. CA contains many flight sim enthusiasts some of which own WOFF and don't visit SimHQ.

Best Regards

For the few people who have asked me directly here is my answer. I agree it is a great way to advertise but there are no secrets somebody here knows the answer and it is not me.
How exciting though BH&H II is only a few days away. [Linked Image]

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 04:24 PM

Yesss Officially posted by Winder at Combat Ace..We’re going home guys were going home boing whoohoo ...See you soon Erik.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 05:05 PM

EricT;

Your response sounds promising. I must jump over to CA to check things out.

One thing for certain, there are many WOFFers here on SimHQ that are new and may not yet be on CA. Of more importance is all the technical posts and historical helpful threads we have created on SimHQ which I hope are not lost and maybe can be consolidated on CA if we do go back.

Best Regards

Posted By: ErikT

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 06:24 PM

One thing for certain, there are many WOFFers here on SimHQ that are new and may not yet be on CA. Of more importance is all the technical posts and historical helpful threads we have created on SimHQ which I hope are not lost and maybe can be consolidated on CA if we do go back.

I don't know the answer to your question you'll have to ask the OBD guys. I have not been involved in any of their discussions about future plans.
Posted By: Becker01

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 07:53 PM

"@Robert_Wiggins,

EricT;

Best Regards"

I agree @Robert.
I am a member of SimHQ because of WOFF and WOTR. I would have no problem with a change to CA (no account there). But then I would delete my account here (1 home-forum must be enough!). And I can imagine that a lot of member would move completely and then all the helpful threeads (technical, mods, …) need to be transported to CA like suitcases. Is it possible?

Greetings!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Becker01
"@Robert_Wiggins,

EricT;

Best Regards"

I agree @Robert.
I am a member of SimHQ because of WOFF and WOTR. I would have no problem with a change to CA (no account there). But then I would delete my account here (1 home-forum must be enough!). And I can imagine that a lot of member would move completely and then all the helpful threeads (technical, mods, …) need to be transported to CA like suitcases. Is it possible?

Greetings!

I don't think you need to delete your account here, just don't log on unless you need to reference some older thread. Sometimes a fresh start and some housecleaning is great anyways!
Posted By: Maeran

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 08:18 PM

This is great news.

And happily the release is after payday.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 08:50 PM

I’d imagine that 90% of BHaH II content is going to be posted / discussed over at CA, New sim,new home etc..

WOFF UE/ PE content that’s already been posted will remain here for who ever chooses to look, there’s also a WOFF UE/PE page over at CA aswell, maybe some users can copy paste or set up some threads here from sim hq over to CA if they choose, there’s some really good threads on the main forum here at Simhq (Screenshot and video gallery,After action reports, some of Lima,s stuff is exceptional) me personally...il keep an eye on BOTH forums for the foreseeable future.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 08:52 PM

Speaking personally I don't really mind which forum the WOFF/WOTR community is based as long as that forum receives all the updates, news and support etc that we get on here presently. I'd be interested to know why the change is happening now though....as in...what's suddenly changed?

I've not been on Combat Ace for a long long time, so long I've almost certainly changed emails since then so will need to create a new profile which is no biggie.

What might be better if this is coming from OBD themselves is a communication from them on here advising of the move and that all new updates will be on Combat Ace and stuff on here is to be considered archive from now on (or a certain date in the future).

But to reiterate, I'm not overly fussed where we reside tbh.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 08:58 PM

All this discussion about CA vs SimHQ and the possible move should probably be moved to a new thread as it doesn't really pertain to the BH&H II thread content.

Just my thought.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 09:09 PM

All this discussion about CA vs SimHQ and the possible move should probably be moved to a new thread as it doesn't really pertain to the BH&H II thread content.

Just my thought.

Tbf Pol linked a post that took us to Winders at CA, it was inevitable that us moving was going to be the main topic of conversation here Robert, but yep maybe Pol il move it to a new thread or jump in at some point to clear anything that may need clearing up.

Edit; Pol posted below about 30 seconds after me

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 09:09 PM

Quite right just a lot of the posts are mixed now. We are back at CA and currently here, so lets see how it goes guys - and keep the chat to BH&H II from here on in.

To answer another question no there are no new aircraft types in BH&H II, far too much work on improving the whole sim has been undertaken to get here.
But after release, and any patching needed, we will do something for WOTR, then will be back to WOFF and adding aircraft etc.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Polovski

But after release, and any patching needed, we will do something for WOTR, then will be back to WOFF and adding aircraft etc.

whoohoo Want my list for WOTR and plane list for WOFF now Pol?......only kidding cheers

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Polovski

To answer another question no there are no new aircraft types in BH&H II, far too much work on improving the whole sim has been undertaken to get here.

Thank you very much for clarifying and setting out the trajectories. Appreciated
smile

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 10:16 PM

Pol could it be possible that a "Free" aircraft might come in the way of a patch in the future (Eg like the Fokker DVI that was given in UE patch 4.2..something) ? cheers

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/20/21 11:20 PM

New aircraft of course would always be great and Pol has said they will look into that in the future, possibly after they give some attention to WOTR. In the meantime, I'm excited for the Devs to release the full Features list for BHaH II, which will hopefully be soon. I'm telling you it feels like the entire experience has been transformed. It's not just any one specific thing. It's the way all of the new features gel together to form something greater than the sum of its parts.

With your goggles getting dirty, bloody, rained on and even cracked, your field of view can quickly get obscured. It becomes harder than ever in some circumstances just to keep visual track of your opponent(s) let alone draw a bead on them for shooting. All of this can be toggled in the Workshop, of course. Couple that with the amazing new sound effects, natural flight modeling, reloading of the top Lewis gun and some truly wonderful AI upgrades and I've never felt more in the cockpit during the war in any sim. Without using labels to identify where your opponents are, scoring kills has never been more challenging. Additionally, things that used to be a walk in the park under the old AI are no longer a guarantee. More often than not, if I even come close to approaching an enemy aircraft that's trying to land, it will turn and engage to fight before I even get within gun range.

Fights high in the sky are dangerous because there are so many planes in the sky and the new sound effects really bring the experience to life. The fights down low are epic too. Don't count on them suicide diving into the ground. You're going to have to outfly and out shoot them.

Does WOFF BHaH II have new planes? No. But I can tell you that with all the wonderful features the devs have added, every single one of the 80+ planes feels like a new experience when you fly them.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/21/21 12:30 AM

Thanks Hellshade all the new features truly sound game changing, personally looking forwards to the new FM and Creaghorns?? sounds, can you "wipe" the rain\blood off the goggles ? that'd be especially awesome.
Again many thanks for keeping us drooling hahaha

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/21/21 06:23 AM

I seem to recall seeing a photograph of a Se5a with a wheel shot off. Cue ack emmas running around frantically waving arms and pointing when you come into land ! Will this DM apply to all planes?
Posted By: Creaghorn

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/21/21 09:08 AM

Thanks Hellshade all the new features truly sound game changing, personally looking forwards to the new FM and Creaghorns?? sounds, can you "wipe" the rain\blood off the goggles ? that'd be especially awesome.
Again many thanks for keeping us drooling hahaha

Yes, I had the honor :-)

Wiping off goggles is IMO a bit overrated since they had thick gloves with which you could hardly do a thing besides grabbing and holding something. Also in real usually scarfs were thick and tightly wrapped around your neck, avoiding to have anything exposed to freezing air or having a loose end. And once it would be not tightly wrapped anymore one never would be able to fix it again. So the silk scarf stuff with a floating end is rather a modern interpretation in airshows and movies. So the only option to wipe your goggles would be to clean them with your thick gloves, which means with the back of your hand or very thick gloved thumb etc. It would be more of a smearing than cleansing and imo not making too much of a difference.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/21/21 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Creaghorn
[

Yes, I had the honor :-)

Wiping off goggles is IMO a bit overrated since they had thick gloves with which you could hardly do a thing besides grabbing and holding something. Also in real usually scarfs were thick and tightly wrapped around your neck, avoiding to have anything exposed to freezing air or having a loose end. And once it would be not tightly wrapped anymore one never would be able to fix it again. So the silk scarf stuff with a floating end is rather a modern interpretation in airshows and movies. So the only option to wipe your goggles would be to clean them with your thick gloves, which means with the back of your hand or very thick gloved thumb etc. It would be more of a smearing than cleansing and imo not making too much of a difference.

Thank you for replying Creaghorn really appreciated. Yes what you’ve wrote makes absolute perfect sense, cheers...
The sounds really do stand out on the vids that I’ve seen , a quick last question if I may? Could you recommend sound levels for engine,user/if etc, thanks once again.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/21/21 09:30 AM

I've always found the sounds in WOFF a thing of beauty, the purring of the Argus on the Halberstadt DIII a particular favourite. So if you've improved on those then that's great.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/21/21 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by catch

I seem to recall seeing a photograph of a Se5a with a wheel shot off. Cue ack emmas running around frantically waving arms and pointing when you come into land ! Will this DM apply to all planes?

Yes, it will. I have shot off landing gear several times on different planes. The new damage modeling changes are a big improvement. There's also no more of the dreaded all four wings exploding off at the same time effect due to bullet strikes. Now I have seen planes totally disintegrate in mid air collisions, but even that effect is markedly different and looks very realistic. It all looks much more natural.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/21/21 10:54 AM

As to wiping goggles, if your vision was that obscured you would simply pull them out of the way or off completely... could that be an option?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/21/21 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Albert Tross
I've always found the sounds in WOFF a thing of beauty, the purring of the Argus on the Halberstadt DIII a particular favourite. So if you've improved on those then that's great.

Now you’re talking mate, the Argus sounds fantastic doesn’t it, can’t wait to hear the new engine sounds.

Originally Posted by Trooper117
As to wiping goggles, if your vision was that obscured you would simply pull them out of the way or off completely... could that be an option?

Good shout imo Trooper, i think that’d be a great option, I’m assuming at the moment it’s either goggles with blood etc on or completely off from Workshop?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/21/21 04:34 PM

Creaghorn, I really want to thank you on the new sounds and effects, in particular the new engine and machine gun effects. They sound top-notch! Any estimate on how much time you spent revising all the sounds in the game?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/22/21 04:14 AM

Yes, it will. I have shot off landing gear several times on different planes. The new damage modeling changes are a big improvement. There's also no more of the dreaded all four wings exploding off at the same time effect due to bullet strikes. Now I have seen planes totally disintegrate in mid air collisions, but even that effect is markedly different and looks very realistic. It all looks much more natural.

Cheers man. I think I'm beginning to get excited.
Posted By: Wodin

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/22/21 08:31 AM

Knew it would be the week I get no money!!!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/22/21 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Wodin
Knew it would be the week I get no money!!!

Wish we could pre order. Any idea on price? I maybe able to save it as I get some money this Thursday.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/22/21 02:43 PM

Hallo @Wodin,

no sorrows!
BH&HII will not be a limited edition, no limited time-sale, no auction.
After release you can purchase it every day. So you have all options to decide the suitable timepoint.

Greetings!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/22/21 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Becker01
Hallo @Wodin,

no sorrows!
BH&HII will not be a limited edition, no limited time-sale, no auction.
After release you can purchase it every day. So you have all options to decide the suitable timepoint.

Greetings!

I know. But to see it on sale and not have the funds will drive me crazy!!
Posted By: Raine

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/23/21 02:44 PM

I see that the website has announced BH&H2 will be available in early April. twoweeks

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/23/21 03:07 PM

I remain suspiciously hopeful. biggrin

Posted By: LtCasey

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/23/21 04:47 PM

I. Am. Excited!!

By this time all the "new kitchen is coming" stuffs will be done!🤗

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/25/21 02:32 PM

There is a Dev update from Winder on the CombatAce forums. Looks like that is the go-to place for Devs updates. Hint of some upcoming WOTR news as well.
Posted By: NotRelevant

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/25/21 06:42 PM

Yeah. Release within the first week of April.

I'm hoping it's from the 1st to the 7th and not 5th to the 11th, aha. Imagine an april 1st release.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/25/21 06:57 PM

Just spotted in a video player was on a flight to check the fixes\adjustments his air mechanic had made!!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/25/21 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Wodin
Just spotted in a video player was on a flight to check the fixes\adjustments his air mechanic had made!!

Oh, what video was that?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 08:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYSoowXbJyI

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 11:26 AM

That's interesting! Could it be, more mission variety?
Posted By: Bletchley

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 03:17 PM

Hi all,

Not been around for a bit and I have not been able to find a system spec for this yet (maybe just missed it?) and wondering if anything has been posted? Would like to know how well my current PC would run with it : i5 9400F 2.9 GHz (turbo boost to 4.1) with 8 GB RAM and GTX 1650 4GB Super ?

Mostly interested in flying early war or 2-seater campaigns...

B.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 04:35 PM

Welcome back, Bletchley!

You should have no trouble running early war campaigns, up until mid to late 1917, except for the occasional stutter when terrains are loading, etc. System specs for BHaH2 should be about the same as before, I believe.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 05:06 PM

So, what are people's plans for a first campaign?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by NotRelevant
So, what are people's plans for a first campaign?

Escadrille Lafayette, from the beginning! If I can transfer my pilot to BH&H2
I will just countinue. Thise 3h flight time is very precious!😂

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 05:39 PM

I've been reading Fighting the Flying Circus by Rickenbacker, making me tempted to do an American career. Escadrille Lafayette sounds quite interesting though!

Or one of the numerous Jastas, I suppose.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 05:44 PM

I found a comprehensive read on Wikipedia for the Lafayettes. With all the pilot names. All Planes they flew are in WOFF. My current pilot "Willis" was one of them. Lets see how far He will come.

As for the Jastas, I might go with the "greentails" Jastas 5. Its really intriguing.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 06:12 PM

Jasta 5 is intriguing indeed.
Looking at the thread I made a wee bit back asking about squadrons, I've become quite intrigued by Jasta 40 (mainly due to the rather interesting black and white paint-scheme) and Jasta 8 as well.

Take it the Lafayette gets up to quite a bit of shenanigans being at Verdun and all?
Posted By: VonS

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 06:19 PM

Will most likely try to transfer my pilots folder from the PE ed. to BHAH.II, to continue up at Ghistelles in an E.II, late 1915, as well as with RFC1 in mid-1915 in the Bristol Scout. Had also a third "career" going with Esc. 49 in the Alsace region, mid-1917, flying Nieup. 23 and Spad 7 types - might try to refresh that one too.

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 06:30 PM

@NotRelevant

The Alsace region is very beautiful, but the frontline IS a bit far away. Around 30nm. As of mid 1916 there is not much activity yet, and with the N10 you barely make it over the peaks. Given it is very slow ....max 75mph, cruising at 60, a patrol IS about 2h formation flying atm. Most of the time we are over the ruins of St Die.
To be honest, Im Not in a hurry to seee combat, at least Not until we transfer to the 'bebe'.

@vonS

The ESC. 49 is not far from Luxeuil, is it? We might have a 🍻 in the next weeks!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by VonS
Will most likely try to transfer my pilots folder from the PE ed. to BHAH.II, to continue up at Ghistelles in an E.II, late 1915, as well as with RFC1 in mid-1915 in the Bristol Scout. Had also a third "career" going with Esc. 49 in the Alsace region, mid-1917, flying Nieup. 23 and Spad 7 types - might try to refresh that one too.

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Ah. The Scout. My ultimate nemesis, with that painful to aim side MG it has.

Originally Posted by LtCasey
@NotRelevant

The Alsace region is very beautiful, but the frontline IS a bit far away. Around 30nm. As of mid 1915 there is not much activity yet, and with the N10 you barely make it over the peaks. Given it is very slow ....max 75mph, cruising at 60, a patrol IS about 2h formation flying atm. Most of the time we are over the ruins of St Die.
To be honest, Im Not in a hurry to seee combat, at least Not until we transfer to the 'bebe'.

Well, at least long boring formation flights are rather safe, eh? Less risk of being shot down and dying the moment you take off.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 07:18 PM

@LtCasey, Esc. 49 is based at Belfort, only 40 km from Luxeuil (55 km if we drive in by road) - If I go by road I will be easy to spot, in a blue De Dion-Bouton and sporting a fine, waxed moustache (https://www.conceptcarz.com/images/De%20Dion/09-DeDion-Bouton-BV_DV-17_PBC_01.jpg). Will remember to bring champagne. (In terms of combat, I recommend waiting until at least the Bébé; the Nieu. 10 is really only good against balloons, if you aim carefully - have not taken it up against Eindeckers so I don't know how it fares against those - I find the Bébés fairly challenging when I am in my E.II with Bosta2, but the Nieup. 10s are somewhat lethargic.)

@NotRelevant, agreed - the Bristol flies wonderfully but the gun arrangement is strange - although it works quite well for balloon-busting (come in sideways and do a wide, left turn around your target).

Cheers,
Von S smile2

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by VonS
@NotRelevant, agreed - the Bristol flies wonderfully but the gun arrangement is strange - although it works quite well for balloon-busting (come in sideways and do a wide, left turn around your target).

Cheers,
Von S smile2

Agreed on that! More success with it against balloons than eindeckers, though I guess one can get lucky, I did precisely once.

Hah, honestly can't wait for the release. imagine if it'll be the 1st.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 07:54 PM

LtCasey - if you have an interest in the Lafayette escadrille you might like this website it's got a lot of interesting info on it regarding the pilots and also how they ended up flying for the Lafayette.

https://www.neam.org/lafayette-escadrille/index.html

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 09:16 PM

Thanks Albert,

Great resource!
Posted By: Baxter

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 11:12 PM

I recently bought WoFF PE and I am very happy with it. i was wondering seeing as the release date for the new version is so close if someone would please post in simple terms what it is that would entice PE owners to buy the new one please. How is it better exactly?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter
I recently bought WoFF PE and I am very happy with it. i was wondering seeing as the release date for the new version is so close if someone would please post in simple terms what it is that would entice PE owners to buy the new one please. How is it better exactly?

Devs will be posting a full Features list sometime soon, however as a Beta tester I can give you a few good reasons off the top of my head.

Multiple AI Improvements: Superior low altitude fighting and survival skills. Better at breaking out of landing mode and attacking if you even approach their airbase. More realistic dive behaviors. More aggressive gunfire when a reasonable chance of hitting is possible but no wild-random firing.
Better in cockpit immersions: Optional googles with dirt, blood, cracking and rain effects on them. Numerous sound improvements for both the players aircraft and the AI,
Nicely improved flight model too. Doesn't have the on rails feeling at all.
Improved graphical terrain blending and performance.
Lots of nice campaign features added like the ability to choose your own aircraft type from the list available in the squadron.

There's lots more but the end result comes together to be far greater than the sum of its parts. As I said, the devs should be listing a full set of Features soon. It is a significant upgrade all around for the sim though.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/26/21 11:41 PM

EDIT: Hellshade posted as I was typing, but I will leave this up anyway...

There are a number of things talked about on the OverFlandersFields Website - pay particular attention to the "News" section on right hand side and developmental updates: https://www.overflandersfields.com/
There are also a number of items brought up and mentioned all through this thread: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads....2-thread-was-woff2021-thread#Post4520759 --- and some indeed in this very thread you posted in (plus lots of videos and pics by beta testers floating around too).

I am sure they will include detailed information on the products page sometime very very soon as well. smile2

Gosh, you perhaps picked a bad time to purchase PE as BHaH II is literally days away from release.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/27/21 12:36 AM

Indeed, Banana Ham and Hummus Two is looking like an improvement based on what I'm reading and seeing from those videos.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/27/21 06:49 AM

Devs will be posting a full Features list sometime soon, however as a Beta tester I can give you a few good reasons off the top of my head.

Multiple AI Improvements: Superior low altitude fighting and survival skills. Better at breaking out of landing mode and attacking if you even approach their airbase. More realistic dive behaviors. More aggressive gunfire when a reasonable chance of hitting is possible but no wild-random firing.
Better in cockpit immersions: Optional googles with dirt, blood, cracking and rain effects on them. Numerous sound improvements for both the players aircraft and the AI,
Nicely improved flight model too. Doesn't have the on rails feeling at all.
Improved graphical terrain blending and performance.
Lots of nice campaign features added like the ability to choose your own aircraft type from the list available in the squadron.

There's lots more but the end result comes together to be far greater than the sum of its parts. As I said, the devs should be listing a full set of Features soon. It is a significant upgrade all around for the sim though.

Im so in for that!!!!! But, but no more Aerodrome bouncing?😭😭😭
Gimme Gimme Gimme...pretty please!
Posted By: olddog

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/28/21 01:37 PM

will BHaH II be a stand alone ?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/28/21 01:40 PM

yes...no...maybe...possibly...not sure...could be...or not...still deciding...looking into it...then again...

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/28/21 03:32 PM

I reckon WOFF being taken off sale and PE being on sale only till June is a pretty clear sign that it is both a standalone and the new iteration going forward.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/28/21 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by olddog
will BHaH II be a stand alone ?

I would conclude that it will be standalone since the UE ed. of WOFF is no longer available for purchase - thus no presence of a required upgrade/add-on path to get to the future, newest ver. of WOFF.

The PE package is still available for purchase until the end of June of this year, by the way, for those who already have UE and wish to upgrade to PE. (See main WOFF website for details.) Also no pricing available yet - recommended is to check the main WOFF website regularly as the calendar hurtles towards imminent release of BHAH.II.

Happy flying,
Von S smile2

P.S. I also reckon that NotRelevant's comments are most relevant.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/28/21 04:01 PM

I agree VonS, NotRelevant's comments do indeed seem quite relevant. biggrin

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/28/21 04:12 PM

Guess that's kind of irony I bring to the table at times, eh? Haha.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/28/21 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

yes...no...maybe...possibly...not sure...could be...or not...still deciding...looking into it...then again...

You sound about as positive as my squadron leader, Lou old boy!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/28/21 04:34 PM

From what I have seen so far (Beta vids) and read in the Forum, the changes are major. Maybe most of these are hidden under the hood of this beautiful crafted sim, but from my understanding it justifies a new standalone version.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/28/21 06:28 PM

Agreed. From what I've seen and read the changes are indeed pretty major, so a standalone is justified. Plus, the devs do need funds if they are to keep devving, and we do want to see this wonderous sim keep expanding, maybe get some new additions, aircraft, all that in the future, aye?

Aaand if not, well... Bottom line is, it looks to be that devs chose it to be standalone, so that's just how it's gonna be. In the end it's up to them.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/28/21 10:37 PM

@LtCasey and Relevant, agreed - BHAH.II looks like a major overhaul and therefore it's most practical that it be a standalone product. Also important to test will be mod. compatibility (have now opened a separate sub-thread for BHAH.II mod-compatibility over on the relevant CombatAce forums for BHAH.II - to facilitate ease-of-access to mod. info., particularly mods. not hosted on Sandbaggers website).

Among other things, and based on Hellshade's experience/comments from beta testing - the FMs are different now too (from stock UE/PE FMs) - so I have to compare stock xfm files in WOFF PE with stock xfm files in BHAH.II once it comes out. If the FM changes are under-the-hood in BHAH.II and the stock xfms still carry forward the same stock data from the PE-ed., then in theory it will be workable to side-load, via JSGME, my FM mods. - since they will merely amplify the already great FM changes that have happened under the hood.

In case the FM changes have also been leveraged via changes to the aircraft xfm files - I will then re-evaluate whether or not it is worth it to maintain FM-mod. compatibility going forward or simply to retire those packs for PE./UE eds. of WOFF. Similar logic will apply to the WOFF GPU Tuner Patch - will have to test FPS in stock BHAH.II, then to compare with the Tuner Patch loaded, etc. - if differences are no longer as noticeable in FPS with or without the Tuner Patch loaded - because of further FPS optimizations in BHAH.II - then the Tuner Patch will perhaps be retired too.

(Also possible with the Tuner Patch is that the one made for WOTR will become the correct one to use, depending again on how much of the under-the-hood code/machinery has been leveraged from advancements in WOTR, etc. - can't say anything further on that for now until I've done some actual, hands-on testing.)

More info. on all that under the relevant mod sub-thread for BHAH.II on CombatAce once BHAH.II is released and once I have had an opportunity to test such things (https://combatace.com/forums/topic/95914-woff-bhh-2-mods-compatibility-lists-mod-faqs-etc/),

Happy mod-testing times ahead,
Von S smile2

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 02:33 PM

Agreed. From what I've seen and read the changes are indeed pretty major, so a standalone is justified. Plus, the devs do need funds if they are to keep devving, and we do want to see this wonderous sim keep expanding, maybe get some new additions, aircraft, all that in the future, aye?

Aaand if not, well... Bottom line is, it looks to be that devs chose it to be standalone, so that's just how it's gonna be. In the end it's up to them.

Sure, it is their decision and I will buy it either way, tbh - so this isn't me personally making a major complaint.

However, the cautionary note is look at what was written on the April 9, 2020 developmental update on the OBD Software website. You don't want to be that person who purchased WOFF under the pretense that was stated there (read it) -- so from purely a follow-through/goodwill perspective, they probably should either have it as an "upgrade" or offer both as I suggested before. -- and I am guessing they may have forgotten what was written there (and I get it, things change - but that ought to be addressed on their site if they go stand-alone only from a business perspective (and I am sure they will).

But like I said, personally, I am buying either way - it looks to be terrific! cheers

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 05:32 PM

I see part of wording of the April 9, 2020 developmental update now removed - so that pretty much guarantees it will be a stand alone release only.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 07:38 PM

Could it have been that it was originally meant an expansion but the changes grew to be big enough for them to wish for it to be the new base iteration?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 07:58 PM

Any word in multiple Installations? E.g. woffpe and BH+H2? Or do we have to remove WOFF?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 08:11 PM

Could it have been that it was originally meant an expansion but the changes grew to be big enough for them to wish for it to be the new base iteration?

Absolutely, I am sure that is what happened. Just, idk if you caught the full text on their site and what was written - I guess it mostly effects anyone who purchased from April 9th until today who were going to perhaps hold off on buying WOFF (because they knew some new development was underfoot), but were told not to - to buy WOFF anyway as WOFF would be required for the update - as per stated on the website (now removed). -- and not every purchaser is on the forums either. The situation doesn't personally impact me as I have had the game and each edition since the very start -- but there are likely others who may indeed be in the situation I just described...

That's all. Don't shoot the messenger.
(people can work out their own ethics now about the situation and how it is handled or will be handled)

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 09:05 PM

BTW, OBD Website now updated with BHaH II details -- go look!!! It is going to be AWESOME!!! aroundthetree

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 09:36 PM

Link to the BHaH II features page..it looks absolutely incredible. BHaH II Features

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 09:43 PM

It does look brilliant, one line drew me in though
.......unashamedly single-player WW1 flight simulator......

Made me very happy that did biggrin

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 10:20 PM

Its not fair.......

Still nö Release Date...
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 10:42 PM

I am so hoping for an April 1st (or, well, 1st to 4th) release! Can't wait.

Also, a particularly funny line: 77) WOFF/OBD Theatre now extends to the whole of the mapped region, as opposed to just the WW1 campaign region - for possible future expansions

"possible future expansions"

We can hope, eh?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/30/21 11:31 PM

A very impressive feature list indeed ! Any future plans to include the Sopwith Dolphin ?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 12:30 AM

Have been reading the new features list on the WOFF official website and also very good is this one (no. 79): "player's airfield now populated with player squad aircraft." Previously I had to inject this via JJJ's historical/static aircraft-at-airfields patch through JJJ's Mission Editor - so this is a welcome in-house addition.

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by the Boys at OBD
Note: Some squadron aircraft are not currently available but we will be releasing more craft as add-on packs

thumbsup

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 01:18 AM

Wow, 11 GB download! Gulp.

OTOH, look at that list of NEW features! Awesome! Anticipation is building....

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob

Okay. As BH&H II is stand-alone, what's the best way to completely remove PE ? It shows as 24.5 gb on my rig.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 02:41 AM

Okay. As BH&H II is stand-alone, what's the best way to completely remove PE ? It shows as 24.5 gb on my rig.

Something like Revo Uninstaller Pro (it's free for 30 days) works really well for completely uninstalling things and finding/removing all items associated with it: https://www.revouninstaller.com/

Or IObit Uninstaller works well too (and does the same thing - completely clean and total removal): https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php

These are tools I use for removing/uninstalling personally. smile2

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 02:50 AM

FWIW Catch ive never ever had a problem by uninstalling using WOFF toolbox and then clearing the registry again in WOFF toolbox mate, then manually deleting anything thats left.. Im at 56GB skins mods etc. eek

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 03:00 AM

Me too, Adger! (You're up late, mate)!

Or, follow the detailed uninstall instructions in the FAQ.

But don't forget to back up your pilots and settings first using Robert Wiggin's backup utility.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 03:08 AM

Me too, Adger! (You're up late, mate)!.

Haha yeah mate, nipped grab a pint of water and had another quick peek at the new features, id better get my head back down im up in 2 hrs
thumbsup

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 07:27 AM

Thanks gents for your suggestions. thumbsup

I think I'll use the toolbox and clean up with Ccleaner.

I have a vanilla install. No mods or skins. That's just me. Don't wanna fiddle too much. But this may change with BH&H II. wink
Posted By: MFair

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 10:52 AM

Thanks gents for your suggestions. thumbsup

I think I'll use the toolbox and clean up with Ccleaner.

I have a vanilla install. No mods or skins. That's just me. Don't wanna fiddle too much. But this may change with BH&H II. wink

Ditto!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 12:34 PM

My install is over 40gig!

As for future BHAH 2 mods...I'm not sure what else could be added by a mod seems BHAH 2 has all covered. The things I'd like to see are beyond this engine sadly, things like actual modelled Arty firing shells of different sorts, proper trench system with more activity (great for trench strafing), mine explosions etc. Really apart from new planes pretty much everything I'd love to see is ground based as I think the actual air stuff is totally covered (like to see the wind have a bigger impact and maybe G Force making the controls hardly move or move alot slower due to fighting against g forces..

The new feature I'm really excited to see is the buffeting! Looking at the vids this adds so much more immersion and alot more real looking. Such a small enhancement but with a big impact! I'd have paid for that alone!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 12:57 PM

Absolutely Incredible new Features list. Reading it all made me ever more anxious and excited.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 03:30 PM

Winder,s posted at CA 2 hrs ago “Still on track” so I’m hoping (assuming) that it’s any day now .

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 03:52 PM

Please be tomorrow.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 04:07 PM

Please be tomorrow.

With an eleven day holiday period incoming here in Spain that would be just great.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by ArisFuser
Please be tomorrow.

With an eleven day holiday period incoming here in Spain that would be just great.

Oh I bet it would ahaha! I'm just praying that 'first week of april' doesn't mean 5th to 11th. That would be an even longer wait.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 03/31/21 06:11 PM

Yeah, I'm looking at my system and thinking, something's going to have to go. Sacrifices must be made for the greater good. yep

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 07:58 AM

On another note, will we be able to keep our Joystick proifles from PE and port them to BH&H 2?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 12:51 PM

Hi ArisFuser,

Just popping in quickly... there are new key assignments in the new BH&H II, so you cannot just simply use your old settings easily.

However, you could backup your WOFFkeys.xca, found in C:\Users\{your name}\Appdata\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields.

Then after install of BH&H II setup any keys you need and save, (maybe make another backup of this new BH&H II WOFFkeys.xca too, in case next stage breaks something).

Then compare the new BH&H II file to old file you backed up earlier on. Replace the sections for joysticks in the new BH&H II with the ones from the old file.

Save. If you use notepad to edit, remember when saving to change the "file type" to *.* then save the filename as WOFFkeys.xca

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 01:42 PM

Thanks Pol, thumbsup
Posted By: trustworthykebab

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by ArisFuser
Please be tomorrow.

Oh I bet it would ahaha! I'm just praying that 'first week of april' doesn't mean 5th to 11th. That would be an even longer wait.

Oh man, been refreshing the shop page for the last 5 hours! I have faith it'll arrive pretty soon.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 03:18 PM

I would bet on monday. Tomorrow is holiday in the US.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 03:51 PM

It's been holiday today as well here in Italy, what a great holiday gift it'd be!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 04:30 PM

We are still on track, we are still on track, now repeat after me... (it might happen)

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 04:34 PM

Hey now, games released during holidays in the past too.

(please don't make us wait till monday, haha)
Posted By: JFM

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 04:42 PM

There's no holiday tomorrow here. Release away!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 06:40 PM

Alas, someone play the sad music.

Attached picture Alas.png

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 06:52 PM

I would not release it during Easter-holidays. Imagine that something doesn't function correctly. Who shall take care of it during these days? And I'm sure OBD want to enjoy eastern like everyone else.
Calendar week 14 after Ester-days is logical in my eyes.

Greetings!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 07:02 PM

On the flip side, the holidays are an actual time when people will be certain to play it, unlike after where everyone is trying to catch up with the ever increasing work load and demand and are unable to purchase or play the game.

Given they are planning to release it during “the first week of April” as they’ve said before, I’d imagine they made sure nothing will suddenly break.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 07:46 PM

Such a shame, I’m not in work now until Tuesday..the 4 days off would have been a great time to fly the new sim. Ahh well I’ve waited this long.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 09:01 PM

On the flip side, the holidays are an actual time when people will be certain to play it, unlike after where everyone is trying to catch up with the ever increasing work load and demand and are unable to purchase or play the game.

Given they are planning to release it during “the first week of April” as they’ve said before, I’d imagine they made sure nothing will suddenly break.

And it is a matter of semantics too, but if they mean the first "full" week of April, that could mean technically that they could release Saturday, April 10th @ 11:59 PM GMT and still stay true to their word. duckhunter

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 09:37 PM

From Combat Ace Forums, as announced by WM...

Just a quick update from me on progress.

The BH&H II release build is compiled and uploaded to 2Checkout, our e-tailer, but alas they have not managed to make it live, as we had hoped, before the Easter weekend.

I will keep you all updated but its next week at the soonest at the moment, and all I can say is that at the moment it is out of our hands.

WM

Combat Ace Link

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/01/21 09:59 PM

Unfortunate but understandable, well we waited this much, I'm sure 1/2-1 week won't kill us. Unless...
Posted By: OvStachel

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/02/21 02:27 AM

This one sums it all up....

Posted By: gregb1952

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/02/21 06:00 AM

Will this run on a decent laptop?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/02/21 11:42 AM

'decent laptop' is kinda vague, ngl. Specs?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/02/21 05:07 PM

Have no money unit Thursday..so cool till then

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/02/21 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by gregb1952
Will this run on a decent laptop?

I'm using a 2014 laptop with a Geforce 840m having around 30/40fps on average (still looks pretty smooth to be honest). Best guess is it should run relatively well to you too.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 12:16 PM

Welp, easter's over. Maybe we'll get something today? 2Checkout is based in America... and I don't think Easter Monday is an official holiday over there, so... Let's hope?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 12:19 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 12:37 PM

Hahah, now isn't that just the truth?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 01:40 PM

[Linked Image]

Stupid Flanders can't get his field ready!!!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 01:49 PM

LOL! OK, now that right there Rick, THAT'S funny.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 02:18 PM

Well, it is rather funny and right on the Mark!

While noticing a new post was made in this thread I popped in with the thought of raising the same concern, only to find I was late to the party.

It "has" already been TWO WEEKS, hasn't it??

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 05:12 PM

We were told we'd be kept updated and that it's next(this) week at the soonest, so I guess it should be... coming soon enough?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 05:18 PM

I’d be surprised If we didn’t see it on sale within the next 48 hrs. Winders mentioned that the release build has already been compiled and uploaded to 2Checkout so it’s ready ..just a matter of when 2 Checkout are back in work to release it cheers

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 05:28 PM

Yup! Hopefully it'd be within the next 48 hours. 2Checkout is based in Georgia state as far as I could find, and it's only... 1PM for them right now? As far as I can tell there's no holidays on today, so I suppose we just wait and see.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 05:44 PM

twoweeks

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 05:51 PM

Yup! Hopefully it'd be within the next 48 hours. 2Checkout is based in Georgia state as far as I could find, and it's only... 1PM for them right now? As far as I can tell there's no holidays on today, so I suppose we just wait and see.

Nice finding pal, I honestly believe it won’t be too long now.

Originally Posted by wormfood
twoweeks

eek Two days hahaha biggrin

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 06:07 PM

won't be too long for sure. Bet it's out by tomorrow

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 06:08 PM

Two undetermined units of time measurement pilot biggrin

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 06:18 PM

2 minutes!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by trustworthykebab

2 minutes!

Oh I wish, ahah!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 07:03 PM

If you subscribe to the multiverse theory, BHaH II has already been released in one of the universes; and in another the final edition of the series, BHaH 42 Supreme-O-Ultralux, has also been released, and that edition actually transports you back in time to WWI and allows you to fly in the air service of your choice. And, in yet another, I actually don't make these ridiculous comments.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 07:34 PM

Lou, you best stop eating those easter eggs! There is something in them affecting your mental processes! biggrin

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 07:44 PM

Why clearly, these comments are essential in keeping morale until release.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 07:46 PM

Robert, my mental processes have been thus affected long before this Easter, and I dare say that - oh look, an unopened tray of Peeps!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 07:50 PM

Those peeps. Must be a yank thing, right? Never seen down here in the good old.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 07:51 PM

BHaH 42 Supreme-O-Ultralux, has also been released, and that edition actually transports you back in time to WWI and allows you to fly in the air service of your choice.

And...immediately get killed... dizzy

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 07:54 PM

Possibly Rick, but only in some of the universes, not in all of them.

NotRelevant, they could be a Yank thing in much the same way that grits are a Dixie thing. Oooo, wait, Peeps 'n grits!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 08:04 PM

America eludes me, I tell ya that. Best I leave my European mind at peace and not contemplate it too much, lest it burns.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 08:10 PM

America eludes us Americans as well NonRelevant, so no worries there. Now then, when you said "down here in the good old" my USA-centric mind went immediately to the southern states of my country. I realize now you may have been referring to another good old down somewhere else entirely. You know how we Americans are, it's all about us.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 08:16 PM

Reasonable misunderstanding, guess that's how it is sometimes, but hey, it happens haha. But it indeed was not the, what is it, 'Good ol' dixie' but rather the good old rainy, misty, windy Albion. Which is also currently very cold. darkcloud

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 08:21 PM

So whereabouts in good old rainy, misty, windy Britain do you call home, if you don't mind my asking. I lived in your wonderful land for three years back in the mid-1970s, courtesy of my Uncle Sam.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 08:31 PM

Do not mind at all, hah. The answer would be the even more mysterious land way up North. That is, the land of 'men in skirts' and beautiful mountains. The land of vast glens and the national animal being a unicorn. The land of druggies in rivers and pre-historic dinosaurs in lakes, both of who probably have quite a lot more in common than either party cares to think. Scotland, that is. Midlands to be even more precise.

Hope you've liked it here, back then anyway.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 08:42 PM

Aaah Scotland, what a marvelous and magical place and, from my personal experience, filled with incredibly nice and friendly folks. Tramped around your country quite some fair bit I did back in the day. Beautiful. And on more than one occasion I joined in on the singing, and drinking, in some wee small pub or another in one of your many lovely villages.

Hark when the night is falling,
Hear, hear the pipes are calling,
Loudly and proudly calling,
Down through the glen.
There where the hills are sleeping,
Now feel the blood a-leaping,
High as the spirits,
Of the old Highland men.

Good times indeed.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 09:00 PM

Pleased to hear you've liked it then. I'd imagine the niceness of folks has probably gotten worse since then, these days people are unfortunately a lot less friendly. But at least the beauty quite remains. Pubs, villages, corner shops and mountains are definetely quite the main highlights here. Can't say I've ever visited the States and in the current run of things I don't reckon there'll be a chance to, so unfortunately can't really say the same or compare, hah.
Posted By: Macklroy

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/05/21 11:43 PM

I first was introduced to this great project back when Over Flanders Fields Between Heaven and Hell was first released. And I have purchased every update/ expansion ever since. But I am truly looking forward to this installment most of all.
Just when you think you couldn't get anything more from this sim due to its outdated base engine, the fellas at OBD push the envelope once again.
Really excited to jump into this one!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 01:22 AM

I have some bad news. Apparently, my F5 key is broken as the store page refuses to switch from "Coming Soon" to "Buy WOFF BH&H II" as it MOST DEFINITELY SHOULD HAVE BY NOW!!! pitchafit

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 01:42 AM

Always tomorrow I guess, hah.
Posted By: kaa

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 07:51 AM

Hopefuly today ...But...will BH&H II uverwrite WOFF PE ? can we make a separate install ?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 07:55 AM

As far as I know, you have to save your pilots folder (If desired) and wipe WOFF.
CFS 3 exe does Not Work Well with multiple Installations.
But I might be wrong, cause I dont know how much OBD tweaked it.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 08:35 AM

@kaa, theoretically, since BHAH.II is standalone, it should not overwrite PE. Having said that, if you are worried, rename your PE WOFF folder that resides in OBDSoftware to something like "WOFF 5.04" (or whatever ver. you are running) - and you should be good. To be on the safe side, also rename "OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields" located under "Application Data/OBD_Games" to something like "OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields 5.04" too.

In order to make such installs operational again, once BHAH.II is installed, tack on a "6.0" to the respective BHAH.II folders in OBDSoftware and also in Application Data, and remove the 5.04 from the two respective PE ver. folders. (I toggle this way between my 5.03 install of PE and 4.18 install of UE - with no cross-contamination.) JJJ's MultiMod, by the way - if you have a copy of it in each of your installs - changes settings across all of the installs - so the only safe way of not having it tamper with another install you are currently not running is not to have it in the OBDSoftware/WOFF folder of that other install, until such time as you want to use it in that other install.

Happy tinkering and multiple-WOFF-version flying,
Von S smile2
Posted By: Fubat

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 08:38 AM

I wonder which 2Checkout office is handling the release. If it's Romania my guess is today is out, however if it's US it's still only 4.30 ish am in Ohio and Atlanta.

Fingers crossed for the US!
Posted By: kaa

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 09:31 AM

Thank you Lt Casy and VonS for your kind answers...
Von S : Seems not too difficult for me although your "happy tinkering " sounds quite oxymoric for me. In fact , if I understand correctly, both versions cannot coexist being both "active". there can be only one active version while the other(s) have to be neutralized. (because CFS3.exe loks for the one installed with the correct labelling I suppose).

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fubat
I wonder which 2Checkout office is handling the release. If it's Romania my guess is today is out, however if it's US it's still only 4.30 ish am in Ohio and Atlanta.

The US branch is based in Alpharetta, Georgia as far as I can tell.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Fubat

The US branch is based in Alpharetta, Georgia as far as I can tell.

Yup, it's 10 to 9 there at the moment. Hopefully for the afternoon!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 12:17 PM

Hopefully, if not then, well. That would be really sad.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 01:40 PM

If we just stop checking 2Checkout, then it is simultaneously released and unreleased. I don't know if that better than it not being released, but it's something.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 01:48 PM

Ah, yes. Schrodingers 2Checkout. That's a lovely one, that.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:02 PM

Actual picture of 2Checkout's technical staff on their way into work this morning to get WOFF:BHaH II available for purchase. winkngrin

Attached picture 300.jpg

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:10 PM

Looks like the cat's dead then.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:11 PM

Is the cat even real?

are we real?

what is real when you don't even know you're real?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:20 PM

Maybe it was an April s fool of Winding man? And the true release Date is April 2022

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:22 PM

I don't reckon they'd make jokes about that when they've got so many waiting and expecting people. And then just not say anything again. I do hope maybe we'll hear something sooner or later though.

Besides, why April 2022? Surely you meant 2030?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:24 PM

It seems we've been given an update.

Attached picture Update.png

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:30 PM

2checkout 2slow

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:36 PM

2Checkout, more like 2DaysLate?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:46 PM

2frustrating! 2keep us waiting is 2cruel 2be believed. By 2morrow we better all be flying BHaH II or there will be hell 2pay!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:49 PM

2bad

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:50 PM

cat

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 02:57 PM

Well, the day ain't over. We can just keep on hoping and maybe we'll get there. Who wants to make pessimistic estimates of next week?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 03:18 PM

Or maybe the devs are cramming more last minute goodies under the hood!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 03:19 PM

20€ in friday....I bet!

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 03:39 PM

A release next week is 2awful 2contemplate.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 03:47 PM

While we anxiously await the release of BHaH2, anyone fancy a pool?

The poster who guesses closest to the actual release day and time wins...?

My entry is 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time April 7th.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 03:54 PM

Friday 9th 9 am eastern time makes 3pm on my place...my entry

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 04:08 PM

Daring one...3pm EST of today, which would be 8pm for me, which is in 2 hours.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 04:42 PM

“Not quite there yet” isn’t particularly indicative of very soon. Today might be doubtful at this rate tbh. Idk if 2Checkout even works weekends, so assuming they don’t that leaves us with 3 more days this week.

By a guess, 3 days doesn’t fall into “not quite there yet” territory so it’s probably next Thursday. Why Thursday I don’t know. It seems late enough

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by kaa
Thank you Lt Casy and VonS for your kind answers...
Von S : Seems not too difficult for me although your "happy tinkering " sounds quite oxymoric for me. In fact , if I understand correctly, both versions cannot coexist being both "active". there can be only one active version while the other(s) have to be neutralized. (because CFS3.exe loks for the one installed with the correct labelling I suppose).

Precisely this - always have only one of your WOFF installs activated, with others deactivated - that way only the correctly labelled install will activate once you open WOFF.exe in that correctly labelled install.

Cheers,
Von S smile2

P.S. The "happy tinkering" may indeed be oxymoronic to fresh modders and non-modders; after several yrs. of modding one becomes numb to the oxymoronic part of the statement. hahaha

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by trustworthykebab
Daring one...3pm EST of today, which would be 8pm for me, which is in 2 hours.

Ding ding, one contestant has lost the betting game.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 07:50 PM

Well it was a lost bet from the beginning!
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 09:27 PM

Is it 2late to switch distributors?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 10:13 PM

2much 2hope 4, Fullofit.

Given the page we all keep seeing when we check for availability, the distributors should change their name to 404Checkout.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 10:16 PM

Given all the proper distributors like Steam or GOG don't like the the whole CFS3 situation, it is indeed 2late.

Honestly, what's taking them so long. Perhaps they're sitting there going "we are 2lazy to bother with this flying pew pew game?", hah.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 10:22 PM

Don't you dare calling this a flying pew pew game >:(

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 10:26 PM

Yeah, that's right TWK! You call it a flying takka takka takka game. biggrin

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 10:28 PM

Yeah, that's right TWK! You call it a flying takka takka takka game. biggrin

That's more like it, Lou

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 10:56 PM

Ah, of course. How could I, hah! How about a ratatatata flying game? With a splash of kaboom and wrrrrrrrrrrr-BADUUM on top of it for dives ending in crashes?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 11:28 PM

At the risk of having any number of catcalls and brickbats thrown in my general direction, I note that Flying Circus vol. 1 is currently on sale for $19.99 on the IL-2 web page.

With 2Checkout still dragging their feet, I am tempted, very tempted....

NB: If it is inappropriate to post about a competitor's product on this site, please feel free to delete this post.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/06/21 11:49 PM

I must appreciate the irony in this. Lots of players waiting to throw money at the devs, and devs waiting to have money thrown at them. And then the distributor who exists.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 05:35 AM

At the risk of having any number of catcalls and brickbats thrown in my general direction, I note that Flying Circus vol. 1 is currently on sale for $19.99 on the IL-2 web page.

With 2Checkout still dragging their feet, I am tempted, very tempted....

NB: If it is inappropriate to post about a competitor's product on this site, please feel free to delete this post.

Good morning!

Thanks, but no thanks! I Stick with with WOFF and ROF. Far more ratatatata for the buck.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 10:32 AM

Ok I give up, don't think it's gonna happen this week. My left index finger is down to a stub ! I have come to the conclusion I'm just torturing myself explode
I wonder if this has anything to do with Verifone acquiring Checkout2, Hmmmm !
Posted By: Sandbagger

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 10:41 AM

Ah, of course. How could I, hah! How about a ratatatata flying game? With a splash of kaboom and wrrrrrrrrrrr-BADUUM on top of it for dives ending in crashes?

As a kid I used to read Air Ace picture library and always remember the text they used for sound effects:

Machine gun - rat a tat tat tat
Pistol - blam blam
Cannon - buuda buuda
Artillery firing - kblam or krackow
Shells exploding - crumpf or kaboom or wump
Bullit richochet - titzing
Germans dying - mien gott
Japanese dying - Aieeeeeeee
British dying - Aaargh

Some of the words uttered by the hero:
Take this you square headed sausage eating Hun.
Take this you slant eyed son of Nippon

And of course the hero bomber pilot:
Good grief, the old kites coped one, she's going down, can't, can't hold her chaps, this is it, tell Mary I love her - Aaarghhhhhhh

Mike

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 10:59 AM

Just looked at the store site, am I the only one that can see "Buy Now" faintly behind "Coming Soon" ??????

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 11:05 AM

I’ve noticed that aswell Fubat, let’s not forget that it’s only just gone 7am in Georgia we’ve a full day ahead of us regarding release. thumbsup

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 11:21 AM

I’ve noticed that aswell Fubat, let’s not forget that it’s only just gone 7am in Georgia we’ve a full day ahead of us regarding release. thumbsup

But I don't want to wait another whole day grrr Adger wink

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 11:35 AM

Haha, ..good things come to those who wait Fubat hahaha I was a little bored last night so I fired WOTR up.
Took that workhorse the Hurricane up on a dawn flight around Dover and the South coast loved it, I’ll take a flight in the Spit later if BHaH II doesn’t come today. (Fingers crossed it does).

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 11:41 AM

I must say, who's to say its the Georgian branch responsible for the release? I do hope it might be today too, but the whole wording of "we're not quite there yet" doesn't make it sound like its a matter of 'might be tomorrow or something' but rather a far longer timeframe. Though I do also doubt Verifone's purchase of it has anything to do with it. Maybe just general negligence on 2checkout's side.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 11:58 AM

Il bet you that Winding Man And Pol are well and truly Pi$@ed off regarding the ongoing issue. The files were sent over before Easter weekend, they should certainly be reaping the rewards right now rather than having to chase 2checkout. Il guarantee that the OBD lads will be chasing 2Checkout mercilessly today to get this released. Fingers crossed it’s sooner rather than later it’ll definitely be worth the wait.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 12:09 PM

Of that we're all sure. They're as pissed and annoyed as us, if not even more.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 12:14 PM

No doubt about that. What could possibly be taking 2checkout so long.

Also, I see you gave in to your urges and joined the DID campaign, Kebab?

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 12:22 PM

That is true, NotRelevant. Currently began my training in Koln, will possibly be dispatched in the Marne region.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 12:33 PM

I'm still holding on in hopes of a soon release just because I cannot be bothered trying to switch over later, hah.

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 01:21 PM

I'm up to go through the pain, and considering how the release is slowing down I think I made the right choice wink

Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! - 04/07/21 01:42 PM

At this point, this is some epic trolling by someone...Or something?!? alien
[Linked Image]
© 2024 SimHQ Forums