homepage

Archie

Posted By: Wodin

Archie - 03/05/21 10:07 AM

Any mod out there that increases amount of archie? Be cool if one day you had to keep altering altitude to evade it.. All the years of flying in WOFF I've never had Archie come that close let alone hit. Never seen anything taken down by it.
Posted By: MFair

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 01:09 PM

Don’t know about any mods, but stock Archie can take you down. I’ve been damaged and wounded by Archie a few times and blown out of the sky once. Granted it rare mate, but it can happen!
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 04:07 PM

OldHat has an increased archie around balloon bases mod out there, I believe. You should be able to find it at Sandbagger's place. If not, PM me and I will send you a zip file.
Posted By: Creaghorn

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 04:25 PM

Maybe trying ground gun accuracy set at high in WS first? They are more accurate and with higher rate.

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Creaghorn
Maybe trying ground gun accuracy set at high in WS first? They are more accurate and with higher rate.

Have it set for high.

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by MFair
Don’t know about any mods, but stock Archie can take you down. I’ve been damaged and wounded by Archie a few times and blown out of the sky once. Granted it rare mate, but it can happen!

WOW! I can't remember it ever being fired at my altitude, usually below me. Oh hum.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 06:27 PM

smile just shows how some randomness can make people hate, love or not mind something. I think of course it also will vary on height, dates, position on the front and many other things.
At least during testing (other items not Archie as such) the other day in BH&H2 I have had 3 or 4 very close shaves, been blown out of the sky once, and once was hit and my wing tip blew off (on normal accuracy) all in the same day. Good init!
Posted By: epower

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 07:44 PM

So that fiendishly accurate Flakbatterie near ProNville will remain just as deadly, if not more? Those swines have knocked my DID character about but good.
Posted By: VonS

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 07:58 PM

Those interested in using Oldhat's increased-frequency Archie mod are recommended to double-check compatibility. As far as I know, it is only UE-ed. WOFF compatible.

Happy flying,
Von S smile2
Posted By: Becker01

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 08:25 PM

Yes @VonS,
that's my information, too; not 100% compatible with PE.
I vave tested it and it has functioned. But I can't say anything about the compatibility-problem and about the detailled consequences
(Info: mod is on Sandbaggers Website).

Greetings!
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 08:58 PM

Add me to the list of those unfortunate enough to fall victim. Believe me, there's little as frustrating or as aggravating as to be flying along, fat dumb and happy, a good career going with scores of hours, dozens of confirmed victories, and a chest full of some of the highest military bling your side can give one second, and the next you're on the outside looking at the smoking remains of your aircraft hurtling toward Earth at an ever-increasing speed. I've seen friendlies and enemy aircraft taken down, too. Not ever day. Not even every career. But it happens. I've also had it burst VERY near me, both to either side and directly in front, flying Entente and Central. You're just very lucky, Wodin.
Posted By: Adger

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 10:16 PM

Got taken down only 2 nights ago luckily I was near friendly lines but it completely destroyed my SE5 engine, and oil everywhere I landed badly and into the fence at speed..7 day hospital visit, loved it fantastic stuff
Posted By: orbyxP

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 10:29 PM

From the files I see old hat mod increases Archie only around balloons where it was known to be a suicidal mission and nowhere else along the front.
Posted By: Albert Tross

Re: Archie - 03/05/21 10:48 PM

I've been hit several times by Archibald and a couple of times I wasn't even that low.....circa 4000ft. On most occasions I've been able to make my own lines.

Needless to say the further you go over enemy lines the greater the risk, especially around certain areas. The areas behind Vimy, Athies, Monchy with all those airfields, factories and railyards for example, you are constantly pounded.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums