homepage

BH&H2 - a mod question...

Posted By: Trooper117

BH&H2 - a mod question... - 03/01/21 12:37 PM

Am I right in thinking that when BH&H2 is released, all mods will have to be retested to ensure they work. (seems obvious, but I thought I'd ask).
Another meander through that thought process was to ask if anyone doing the testing at the moment might have already tried any mods with it, and if so, do we have a heads up as to any mod we probably won't need anymore due to the new content making them superfluous?
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: BH&H2 - a mod question... - 03/01/21 12:44 PM

Trooper, I can tell you that all the landscape and aerodrome mods will need to have their terrain tiles redone, and in all liklihood will need to be repositioned slightly in the sim as well in order for roads and such to tie in. It will be a fairly major undertaking and not one that I, or Robert Wiggins, are looking forward to. But it will be worth it in the long run given all the wonderful new features headed our way in the upcoming release.

Posted By: Polovski

Re: BH&H2 - a mod question... - 03/01/21 01:07 PM

Trooper, certainly no mods allowed in a BETA test that would be suicidal and cause random issues with unknown files and settings.
BETA is to find bugs or issues with 1000s of things we have changed in a controlled environment.

We don't test mods normally, unless occasionally we are intending to include them.

The Modders will have to check their work when BH&H2 is released. Hopefully they will fly some to see how it is before changing it all wink

Re: BH&H2 - a mod question... - 03/01/21 01:17 PM

Wait Pol, so you're saying that it would be a bad idea to test potentially incompatible mods in a Beta version of a new sim release that itself has not been fully tested yet to see if it even works properly in its stock configuration? Huh. Good to know, must make a note of this.

biggrin

Re: BH&H2 - a mod question... - 03/01/21 01:25 PM

Haha indeed I thought about throwing a box of spanners in there too. When Trooper asked the question about anyone testing mods with BH&H2 I almost spilled my coffee with horror biggrin
Posted By: Wodin

Re: BH&H2 - a mod question... - 03/01/21 01:51 PM

I don't suppose the BETA testing has, er, has you know, er, finished??

Re: BH&H2 - a mod question... - 03/01/21 02:14 PM

Now there's a question from a glass-half-full sort if ever there was one!

Re: BH&H2 - a mod question... - 03/01/21 04:01 PM

Just twoweeks to go.
Posted By: Dezh

Re: BH&H2 - a mod question... - 03/02/21 09:40 PM

Me’d have thought OBD’s next release will render some mods unneeded, but I don’t expect any feedback from the Dev Team on that! 🤫
© 2024 SimHQ Forums