homepage

Is there any way to disable the text readouts in the upper left of the screen?

Posted By: LvAicha

Is there any way to disable the text readouts in the upper left of the screen? - 01/01/21 05:52 PM

Hi all and thanks for taking the time to help.

My question is in reference to the text boxes in the upper left of the screen that indicate things like airspeed, heading, FPS and CPU data, etc. I want to rely solely on the instruments in the cockpit to fly, and unfortunately I find it hard to keep myself from glancing up at this information when the associated gauges are not present in the machine I'm using.

I've been searching for days for a way to remove these but thus far have been unsuccessful. If anyone can tell me how to do this I would be very grateful!

Thanks again and good hunting!
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: Is there any way to disable the text readouts in the upper left of the screen? - 01/01/21 05:58 PM

Hit the 'Z' key.

Re: Is there any way to disable the text readouts in the upper left of the screen? - 01/02/21 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

Hit the 'Z' key.

That won't work, as I've bound Z to something else. Do you know what the command is called in the keybind menu by chance?
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: Is there any way to disable the text readouts in the upper left of the screen? - 01/02/21 01:46 AM

It's the FPS/Stats Indicator.

You may find the following helpful: WOFF Key Commands

Posted By: Polovski

Re: Is there any way to disable the text readouts in the upper left of the screen? - 01/02/21 02:19 PM

Run WOFFKeys (find it in WOFF\Toolbox), or launch it via Workshop "Re Map Keys / Controllers"

check "Cycle TAC information"

Check what key is assigned to that. Z is default. Assign another.

If it doesn't work put it back to use the Z key and rebind the other item to another key.

Re: Is there any way to disable the text readouts in the upper left of the screen? - 01/02/21 10:58 PM

Thanks to you both for the help! I'll try your suggestions next time I can play.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums