homepage

A word about Robert Wiggins

Posted By: kksnowbear

A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 02:13 PM

(Or RJW as some of you may know him)

Robert is in the hospital, recovering after having had a pacemaker installed. He's doing fine by his own account, and actually sounds well, to read his messages. (For example, he's already figured out that his circumstances get him out of chores biggrin biggrin biggrin )

Kidding aside, it's times like these when humanity really touches us. Irrespective of all else, we are all real people, and perhaps sadly subject to the frailties of the human condition.

There are great people here, and in my own experience RJW is one of the nicest guys around. I was shocked to learn of his tribulations, and greatly relieved to finally hear he's gotten through it OK and is expected to be back in full form in a few weeks.

Let's all say a word or spend a quiet moment for Robert and his family. I'm sure they could use the support smile

Robert - all the best to you, buddy. And remember: No cleaning! biggrin

Posted By: Fullofit

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 02:40 PM

Oh dear! A Blighty for Robert! No more active duty!
I wish you well and hope you will get back to fighting form soon. All the best.
And remember, stay away from microwaves!
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 02:46 PM

Keep that chin up Robert, and keep smiling mate winkngrin cheers
Posted By: MFair

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 03:38 PM

Best wishes mate, take it slow for a while and heal up. All the best!
Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 03:57 PM

Get well soon Robert! We need you back here ASAP to keep us all organized. wishing you a quick recovery!!
Posted By: epower

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 04:37 PM

I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, Robert. Scary stuff.

You have a busy Winter ahead of you. Now you can spend all that extra time freed up by the "no chore lifestyle" making aerodromes and fixing all the mods that WOFF 2020 is sure to break. wave
Posted By: lederhosen

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 06:18 PM

get well soon
Posted By: Becker01

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 06:23 PM

Best wishes to you, @Robert!
Don't hurry (except with WOFF maybe wink ), recovery and health are most important now!

Greetings!

P.S.: @kksnowbear
thanks for info!

Posted By: JJJ65

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 07:13 PM

Best wishes and fast recovery, Robert. WOFF 2020 knocks on the door and we need full staff.
Posted By: HarryH

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 07:14 PM

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery, Robert!

H
Posted By: Hasse

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 07:16 PM

Get well soon and take it easy, especially now with virus around.
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 07:28 PM

Robert, hoping to see you back soon! Also hoping that the pacemaker brings all systems back to nominal, there's hunting to be...well, hunted! salute
Posted By: Raine

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 07:31 PM

Kk,

Thank you so much for the update. I have got to know Robert over the past four years. We went to Dayton together. Gem of a man! Get well soon, Robert!
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/24/20 09:00 PM

I agree, a gem of a man. Take care Robert and get well soon, but do be sure to milk that recovery time for all it's worth!

And thanks KK for letting us know.

Posted By: mandrews

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 12:34 AM

Best wishes for your recovery Robert. Keep flying. salute
Posted By: rtoolooze262

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 02:04 AM

Get well Robert, Hope to see you flying over the front soon!
Posted By: VonS

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 02:17 AM

Wishing the speediest of recoveries to a fellow modder. Get well soon RJW! smile
Posted By: cptroyce

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 03:22 AM

Robert, a fast recovery and a healthy going forward! Hopefully sooner then "two weeks" ;>)
Posted By: jerbear

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 11:10 AM

Hoping for a quick and easy recovery for you. Enjoy the down time as much as you can under the circumstances.

Jerry H. sleepy
Posted By: loftyc

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 11:12 AM

more of the best wished for you, Robert!

Off hand, while they were at it, did you get the docs to go and also just add in a super power source like Tony Stark has?
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 11:35 AM

Thanks guys for all your expressed concerns and the good humour, it's very much appreciated. I will have restricted are movement for 8 weeks to allow the wire feeds to adhere to my body tissue so they won't pull out. It will be 6 months before I am allowed to do any heavy lifting (2 weeks WOFF time, as they say)

Special thanks to KK for keeping you all updated. As A.S. expressed it "I'll be back!)

Cheers to all!
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 12:29 PM

He’s already working double time!
Any mods for your pacemaker? Loftyc is right, you should at least get the LED mod like Ironman, at least for Halloween.

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 12:38 PM

You're funny Fullofit. smile

Robert, great to see you are on the road to recovery! cheers

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 02:47 PM

You guys...!!
Cheers to all of you.

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 03:24 PM

And there he is, right back among us, seemingly none the worse for wear smile

Good to see you're on the mend!

BTW, we have to talk regarding how one goes about getting a pass on chores biggrin biggrin biggrin

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 03:27 PM

One way is to simply do the chores very. very poorly, over and over.

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 03:33 PM

LOL Lou, I knew I could count on you...
Posted By: carrick58

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 03:36 PM

Welcome back Mr. Wiggins
Posted By: Shredward

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 05:54 PM

You'll be back !
All the best,
Ted

Attached picture Arnold-Schwarzenegger-in-the-Hospital-for-Another-Heart-Surgery2.jpg

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 06:23 PM

Thanks Ted!

As for all you other commedians you have got me laughing so hard I had to take an extra strenght Tylenol to ease the pain. My other choice medication, I am told, is off limits for the moment.

Best to all of you!
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/25/20 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins
Thanks Ted!

As for all you other commedians you have got me laughing so hard I had to take an extra strenght Tylenol to ease the pain. My other choice medication, I am told, is off limits for the moment.

Best to all of you!

May you be back to your "regular medications of choice" very soon, sir.
Posted By: Deejan

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 09:24 AM

Hi Robert

Glad to hear you are healing nicely and all went well with your surgery! Plenty of time to don the silk scarf and flying gear upon healIng up. Need you in full form to swing that cricket bat Lou has stashed away when the frivolity commences in the pilots lounge! Take care!

All the best,

Deej
Posted By: Polovski

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 10:33 AM

Only just seen this thread sorry, here's to a speedy recovery Robert!
Don't worry they will patch you up and plonk you back in the cockpit for dawn patrol very soon.

Seriously all the very best Robert from myself and WM.

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 11:58 AM

Robert, I was reading in a recent medical journal that you can now download a variety of apps directly into you pacemaker. The article recommended Pandora, as that way you can always have a song in your heart. And, it comes initially preloaded with the following twenty recordings, (a very eclectic mix), set to play on shuffle:

“Un-break my Heart” by Toni Braxton
“Achy Breaky Heart”, by Billy Ray Cyrus
“Total Eclipse of the Heart”, by Bonnie Tyler
“Don’t Go Breaking My Heart”, by Elton John & Kiki Dee
“Heart of Stone” by The Rolling Stones
“Heart Full of Soul” by The Yardbirds
“Heart of Glass”, by Blondie
“My Heart Will Go On”, by Celine Dion
“You Cheatin’ Heart” by Hank Williams
“How Can You Mend A Broken Heart”, by the Bee Gees
“Kickstart My Heart”, by Mötley Crüe
“Groove is In the Heart”, by Deee-lite
“Burning Heart”, by Survivor
“Heartbreaker” by Pat Benatar
“Sheer Heart Attack”, by Queen
“Piece of My Heart” by Janis Joplin
“Young at Heart” by Frank Sinatra
“Can’t you Hear my Heartbeat” by Herman’s Hermits
“Don’t Phunk with my Heart” by the Black Eyed Peas
“You Done Stompt On My Heart” by Mason Williams

(that last one by the way contains one of the greatest country western lines ever: “You just sort’a stomped on my aorta”)

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 12:31 PM

Thanks Pol and WM, i appreciate your concern. Not to worry as I am biding my time until the 2020 release you folks are working on. Can hardly wait for it!

Lou, only you could come up with that, but didn't you forget the rock classic Heart Break Hotel?

Best to all, and thanks again folks

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 12:33 PM

What's this? No "Hole Hearted" by Extreme? Nothing by Heart themselves?

Wow. Breakin' my heart, Lou. No, really.

biggrin biggrin biggrin

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 12:50 PM

Robert and KK, of course those first twenty are only the teaser from Pandora. They will fully expect, and strongly encourage you, to download all your favorite heart-related tunes, and Heart tunes as well, for a nominal per song fee. And, if you also download the PayPal app to your pacemaker, these fees can be automatically charged to your account. So thoughtful of them really, keeping things stress-free for you like that. See how heart conscious they are.

Posted By: Wodin

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 12:58 PM

Get well soon.

Not blessed with health myself. Also had a bad fall on Friday and have done in a rib or two and my ankle. I may go hospital tomorrow if things haven't improved much.

Hope Robert gets well quickly, he sounds in good spirits which is great.

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 01:00 PM

Wodin, ouch! Hope you have those ribs taped and that ankle wrapped. Take care and get well soon, and let us know how you're doing as you are on the mend.

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 01:26 PM

Lou, ain't it great the way they're lookin' out for us all? wink I'm sure you recall how the old 8-track tape subscriptions would just go ahead and send you some cr@p they 'selected' for you, then charge you when you were too lazy to send it back on time biggrin biggrin biggrin

Now it's all digital. Same cr@p, they just don't have shipping costs now.

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wodin
Get well soon. Not blessed with health myself. Also had a bad fall on Friday and have done in a rib or two and my ankle. I may go hospital tomorrow if things haven't improved much.

Hope Robert gets well quickly, he sounds in good spirits which is great.

Try to take it easy man! Gotta look after yourself smile Hope things are looking up soon!

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by kksnowbear
Lou, ain't it great the way they're lookin' out for us all? wink I'm sure you recall how the old 8-track tape subscriptions would just go ahead and send you some cr@p they 'selected' for you, then charge you when you were too lazy to send it back on time biggrin biggrin biggrin

Now it's all digital. Same cr@p, they just don't have shipping costs now.

Columbia House! Eight 8-track tapes for just a penny! But yes lord, how expensive those original eight got over the course of time. My younger brother really got sucked into that one back in the day. I've no idea how much money he ultimately ended up giving that company. And 8-tracks. Didn't you love how they always seemed to have to switch tracks right in the middle of your favorite songs on the tape.

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 02:03 PM

Yup...my brother did the same thing. By the time I was really all that into it, someone had come out with the auto-reverse cassette player, and that was the beginning of the end for 8 tracks.

Wow. Time flies...
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 05:36 PM

The very best to you, Robert, the very best. You've been a wonderful fellow around here for as long as I can remember.

You'll be in my prayers - get your rest and do what the doc says!

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 05:38 PM

Wodin

I feel your pain. Sometimes us pilots just don't touchdown exactly as we should.
Hope it's a quick fix with very little down time.

Best Regards
Posted By: Polovski

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/26/20 09:17 PM

All the best Wodin - falls can cause you some nasty injuries - usually in the home.

Once broke my foot falling over something on the floor, and my partner at the time fell over a rug and broke her shoulder!
Posted By: OvStachel

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/27/20 05:55 AM

@Robert - I'm glad you're doing well. Sorry to hear about the required Mule Kicker, but I'm happy to hear that with it you'll be with us a whole lot longer. Modern medicine is truly amazing.

@Wodin -Worst case I hop is just a cracked rib - they're wrap it up and send you home with pain killers. Just don't laugh or cough. I've done that one myself when I used to play American Football.

I hope you both get better quick and wish you both well.

Best,

James
'OvS'

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/27/20 12:08 PM

Thanks James, much appreciated!!
Posted By: Dark_Canuck

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/27/20 05:20 PM

Glad to hear you are on the mend Mr Wiggins!I hope you are back up to 100% (minus the chores) as soon as possible!

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/27/20 07:12 PM

Thanks DC!
Posted By: Maeran

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/27/20 07:17 PM

Robert and now Wodin.

Get well soon. I'm glad you are both in such good spirits and I hope you both recover quickly and easily.

Doing the chores badly hasn't spared me any duties. I've been trying for years. "Very trying" says SWMBO

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/27/20 07:39 PM

He He...
Posted By: Sandbagger

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/27/20 08:45 PM

Hi Rob,
Sorry I'm late in on this.
It's good to know your home and taking things steady.
I'm just glad the 'Camel' first arrival didn't come recently cuss2

Lou:
You forgot the Mavericks 'There's goes my heart',

Mike
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 10/29/20 01:40 PM

Hey Robert, I am just reading of your recent stint to get out of doing your chores at home and while I know you are a clever fellow, there must be an easier way to ditch those duties mate. Robert has also answered the call for help over on the WOTR thread when I asked him to do some special work on some Hurricane skins which I needed for my BOB AAR. He is a most giving person and has helped me in a selfless manner while refusing any payment for his time. Robert get well soon, and may you be Blessed with many more years to enjoy life Sir. Thanks for all that you do in both the WOFF & WOTR communities. You are the man!!!

S! Drew <><

P.S. the other special skin work you did will be appearing in future episodes, I just have had a very busy summer. Thanks again.

P.S.S. Mr. Woodin, hope you heal up quickly Sir.
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: A word about Robert Wiggins - 11/02/20 05:00 AM

Robert, i just noticed this thread (thank you kksnowsbear). I'm sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. How are you adjusting to now being part man and part machine? You might be interested to know that my father had the same procedure roughly 25 years ago, and he is still going strong at 91 years of age, along with at least one battery change! (I understand they no longer install a key in your back that has to be wound up on a daily or weekly basis).

If genetics is any indication, I'll probably have to go through the same procedure in a few years. In any event, I expect you are back on your feet and feeling better already! Hopefully, I will see you and Raine again when you come back to the next WWI fly-in event, whenever that may occur.

Take care and watch out for metal detectors!

Wodin, I hope you are feeling better already, as well!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums