homepage

OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke

Posted By: RAF_Louvert

OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/20/20 05:30 PM

Not funny. It started an hour ago and there's already nearly two inches on the ground, and it is supposed to keep it up until later tonight some time. Potential of 8" or more in my area. Waaaaaaaay to soon for this.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: kksnowbear

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/20/20 06:00 PM

Holy smokes...I realize you folks probably aren't fond of it...but for me, that's a sight we just don't see often enough.

Well...at least you've got a shiny new toy to play with if you're stuck inside wink

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/20/20 06:07 PM

True dat! biggrin

Posted By: AceMedic88

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/20/20 06:22 PM

I'm the only one here in Buffalo who can not wait for the snow.

Feel free to share whatever you don't want winkngrin
Posted By: wormfood

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/20/20 06:53 PM

At least the next 7 day forecast has improved with only 1 out of the next 7 days with snow. As of last night it was 4 out of the next 7.
Posted By: lederhosen

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/20/20 08:21 PM

its the end of the world I'll tell ya.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/20/20 08:36 PM

Gee Lou, you better hurry up and get those xmas decorations up or you will need a pair of snow shoes!! On the other nand a major dump will make it easier to get the star on the top! biggrin

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/20/20 10:43 PM

Posted By: vonBaur

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/21/20 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by lederhosen
its the end of the world I'll tell ya.

Only as we know it.

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/21/20 12:16 AM

And I feel fine.

Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/21/20 12:37 AM

Well, hopefully you have some wood split, a blazing fire going, a cuppa hot toddy and some WOFF UE on the new rig. I must admit, your snow shot looks like a postcard. I love a walk on a snowy evening - everything is so quiet.
Posted By: RickityCrate1

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/21/20 10:46 PM

Beauty pic Lou. Very nice, beautiful, pristine and not so #%&*$# cold yet. Yet... Thanks for reminding me.
Posted By: Raine

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/21/20 11:35 PM

Lou, that is just not on. The traditional start of winter is the Remembrance Day parade! Mid-October is just not fair. It's on days like that when I think there are dumber guys than me making a living chartering yachts in Tahiti.

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/22/20 01:30 PM

Too true, Raine, too true. Down where the trade winds play, down where you lose the day ....

HumanDrone, oh but if it were only a postcard.

RickityCrate, you're one of the smarts one who got the heck out of this state.

wormwood, what part of Minne-SNOW-ta do you call home?

More snow on the way today and tomorrow - oh joy - oh bliss

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/22/20 02:16 PM

SW metro.

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/22/20 02:46 PM

An hour or so west of the metro for me. I grew up in Lakeville, back when it was a town of 1,200, now it's 85,000 plus. Had to go find a small town again, after living in South Minneapolis for nearly ten years in the very late 1970s and most of the 1980s.

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/22/20 04:27 PM

I did live in Thief River Falls a couple years ago. Nothing but small towns up there. Many of them less than a thousand, and a few with less than a hundred. It made Thief River (pop just under 10k) look like the big city.

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/22/20 04:52 PM

Oh yes, very familiar with TRF. Sold them an ambulance years ago, and drive through there often on the way up to visit my wife's relatives in Roseau and Warroad, (when we feel like taking the scenic route). biggrin

Posted By: Dezh

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/23/20 08:24 AM

Hmmph!

The quality of awful punning on this forum is not what it was. Day two, several references to that great REM song and no-one's managed 'That's great it starts with a snowflake...' yet!

Haven't been around much, RL and other interests - not least our first grandchild - having consumed my time. Hope everybody is well and coping with this [adjectives of choice] pandemic.

Looking forward to WOFF 2020 and hoping to get back in... and have my arse handed to me by the AI.

Keep safe all. thumbsup

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/23/20 12:44 PM

Dej! Great to see you are still about. Yes, that was a ripe one to miss, now wasn't it. I blame "COVID Fatigue", (that's my go-to excuse for nearly everything as of late). Hope all is well with you and yours and that you're staying safe in these infectious and straitened times. Enjoy that new grandchild! Being a grandparent is so much more fun than being a parent.

Posted By: MFair

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/23/20 09:20 PM

Looks real nice to me Lou, but then we don’t see it but about every 4 years and it’s gone in 2 to 3 days.
Posted By: Hasse

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/24/20 07:19 PM

This seems somehow so familiar. Trust me, I know the feeling. frosty

A nice-looking house!

Re: OT: A Minnesota mid-October joke - 10/25/20 01:18 PM

Hasse, I know that you know all about snow! biggrin And thanks.

MFair, when we get snow it's gone in about 5 t0 6 months. banghead

© 2024 SimHQ Forums