homepage

Can I get a witness? ...for my second kill

Posted By: epower

Can I get a witness? ...for my second kill - 09/08/20 07:40 PM

Marvin Gaye didn't play WOFF but if he did he might be singing this.

I've run into this issue 3 or 4 times in campaign where I'm fortunate enough to score two kills in the same sortie.
Alas, the witness for Kill #1 is rarely the same one nearby for Kill #2 and so I've always had the first kill confirmed and the second kill rejected.

Is there a way to get separate witnesses for separate kills in the same sortie or would that require an expanded feature?

Cheers,
Posted By: Stache

Re: Can I get a witness? ...for my second kill - 09/08/20 07:49 PM

Hi epower,

I have never tried this but you might give it a shot.
https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4444759/need-witness-box-for-each-kill
Posted By: epower

Re: Can I get a witness? ...for my second kill - 09/08/20 08:31 PM

Thanks Stache. Hadn't seen that thread.

IIRC the old system required a write in of the witness with the potential for mispellings etc. I do much prefer the pulldown menu selection we have now.

It appears separate witnesses would require a significant redux of the claims system for an event that occurs rarely. The Devs have more important things afoot. Going forward, I'll list any subsequent witnesses in the text of the claim narrative as Pol suggested. I actually did that in the most recent case but Wing denied my second claim, the swines.

Ironically, I just flew a test mission with guns maxed and weak opponents. Two kills, both confirmed.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums