homepage

A flight

Posted By: jakethescot1

A flight - 08/12/20 07:52 PM

Is there any way to eliminate 'A' flight from the mission? They take off last and always somehow get way out in front. On several occasions, I've ended a mission without a shot being fired from any in flight 'B', only to see flight 'A' shot down 1 or 2 aircraft.
Posted By: hoongadoonga

Re: A flight - 08/12/20 08:29 PM

You can do that with JJJ65's outstanding Mission Editor, available here - link

Re: A flight - 08/12/20 08:54 PM

Thanks.
Posted By: jerbear

Re: A flight - 08/12/20 11:59 PM

Me...I'm glad to have the help. If A flight wants to go ahead, do all the fighting and let me have a quiet mission or maybe do cleanup, I' m all for it.

In UE, several updates back, you could have a dozen EA on your tail, run right through A flight and they'd ignore you. To top it all off the EA ignored A flight and kept on after me so, I'm happy to see more aggressive behavior in them.

JerBear

Re: A flight - 08/13/20 11:17 PM

Case in point. While flying a mission, 'A' flight jumps out ahead. All of a sudden, they dive on some aircraft. On return to base, they each got a kill. We kept flying like nothing was happening.

https://simhq.com/forum/tmp/26562.jpg

Attached picture Shot08-13-20-17-59-16.jpg
Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: A flight - 08/14/20 03:44 PM

When you are in the 'spiral up to height' phase of your flight, soon after take off, just hit the 'next waypoint' command (shift-W). Your flight leader will immediately head out on the mission, leaving A-flight to follow from behind.

Re: A flight - 08/14/20 07:24 PM

Thanks, 77_Scout. I'll try that. I hate flying that spiral.
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: A flight - 08/14/20 08:41 PM

I think you have to wait until the formation is complete before the next waypoint command works. After that, you are good to go!

Re: A flight - 08/14/20 09:07 PM

I made one circuit and then hit (shift-W) and we pulled out. That spiral seems to take forever.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums