homepage

Realistically populated airfields and mission editor

Posted By: manitouguy

Realistically populated airfields and mission editor - 06/16/20 03:54 AM

Hi all – as I am getting back into flying more woff platinum edition - I am using JSGM to run a few mods - Tracers Mod, the airfields mods and multimod ap

I would like to also run the realistically populated air fields and from a bit of reading I understand that I need to use the mission editor

My question is this – if I don’t want to edit any of my missions for my current campaign can I still run me to just to initiate the realistically populated air fields portion?

As usual any help and advice much appreciated

Regards Ron
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: Realistically populated airfields and mission editor - 06/16/20 04:35 AM

Short answer: yes.

That's one of the beauties of the ME, you can use as much of, or as little of it, as you like. After you open the ME, you can either edit the mission or just accept the messages from the pop-up menus to enable (or not) several mods, including my cloud mod (why aren't you using that wink ), the realistically populated airfields mod, etc.

Re: Realistically populated airfields and mission editor - 06/16/20 04:58 AM

Thanks buckeye – I am still trying to figure out which mods work with platinum and I’m taking it slow! smile

Now I have to learn how to use the mission editor and what order or sequence I do everything in before I do a campaign mission

Cheers Ron
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: Realistically populated airfields and mission editor - 06/16/20 12:30 PM

Ron, make sure you read the included readme file. It contains a lot of valuable information and some tips about using the mission editor. Or, if that's not enough, just ask here on the forum. Have fun!

Re: Realistically populated airfields and mission editor - 06/16/20 02:39 PM

Thanks bob - yes I have read and reread everything and believe I have it all working now

And very nice cloud mod too by the way smile

With woff platinum - should I be seeing any people on the airfields like the airfield mod for ue? Or is that not yet incorporated for the pe version?

Sadly my long-standing campaign for Wallace Pickleworth came to a close on my first test and try after getting everything reset - 1915 with 49 hours of flying - no shortcuts - and on takeoff somehow I think my controller axis were reversed and poor Wallace bit the dust literally before wheels could get off the ground LOL

So it will be all fresh and new including A new pilot and campaign which I will make sure is a bit more exciting than the one I had going in early 1915 - although very immersive and enjoyable I don’t believe I saw another plane in the air other than my flight for that whole run.

I’m sure a few more questions will come up and as they do I will be sure to ask here for advice or clarification

Thanks again - Ron
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Realistically populated airfields and mission editor - 06/16/20 03:26 PM

If you were using Mission Editor, you should be able to recover your pilots from automatic backup.

Re: Realistically populated airfields and mission editor - 06/16/20 03:37 PM

thanks JJJ smile - good to know.

For Picklesworth - dead is dead - such is life and war smile

time to move on ... i believe Donald Duc is now awaiting his first mission.

cheers, Ron
© 2024 SimHQ Forums