homepage

Movie

Posted By: jakethescot1

Movie - 06/10/20 05:41 PM

Have ya'll seen this?

https://vimeo.com/236303594?fbclid=IwAR2c03MSjhm00a1FLU2RuuxHqmw06rA-sk2m2PzdBO4_BvX3mCc2mdf3DyI
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Movie - 06/10/20 06:12 PM

Yep... saw it on Amazon prime.
Posted By: dawnpatrol

Re: Movie - 06/11/20 08:20 AM

Hope it won't be another der rote baron/walt disney type of movie, allthough it looks worrying. Great with another movie on the topic though. One takes what one have :-)
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Movie - 06/11/20 10:31 AM

It is ok... but don't expect anything in depth historically. It's just a general overview.
Good for someone who knows nothing about the subject, and may prompt them to look into the WWI Aces a little deeper.
Posted By: Burning_Beard

Re: Movie - 06/11/20 12:58 PM

This is more like a documentary, with live actors and overviews from historians, I watched the first episode yesterday afternoon.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Movie - 06/11/20 02:26 PM

It's out already, it's a docu/drama pretty good - and the details are far more interesting than the usual very glossy overview most modern documentaries on WW1 produce - but yes it's not super in depth. Mostly good for the aircraft dogfighting scenes as the CGI there is I think excellent compared to other WW1 movies that used that. The ground scenes are actors over CGI and not as convincing but still interesting. I did see a strange wandering aircraft on a view of the airfield above in episode 1, seems no one in the film making spotted it flying through people and heading to the side of a tent.
Still it's enjoyable for WW1 nutters.
Posted By: FAA_fan

Re: Movie - 06/11/20 05:54 PM

Docudramas are seldom good and I doubt this one is going to be.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Movie - 06/11/20 06:10 PM

I too have seen it and tend to agree with Pol
Posted By: stoney66

Re: Movie - 06/11/20 07:24 PM

But compared to other WWI aviation movies out now, how does it compare...? Oh wait there are no others out, nor likely to be, I'll take what I can get and be glad for it!
Posted By: WallysWorld

Re: Movie - 06/11/20 08:20 PM

Watched it twice on Smithsonian Channel Canada. Very good series considering the budget they probably had to deal with.
Posted By: OvStachel

Re: Movie - 06/12/20 03:27 AM

I swear I've seen these scenes before... Rote Baron and Flyboys?

Looks good though, with they did a few more aces as well.
Posted By: Burning_Beard

Re: Movie - 06/12/20 03:45 AM

Some of the flight characteristics were a little suspect, and the machine gun fire by Fonck in the second episode that showed the rounds complete with cartridge was a little tough to handle wink
© 2024 SimHQ Forums