homepage

Revival after unfortunate death?

Posted By: Becker01

Revival after unfortunate death? - 12/17/19 03:29 PM

Hi,

last weekend the bell rang during a mission. I forgot to press "P" / decrease the time-acceleration. When I came back I was dead ("oohh maaaan! So unnecessary" I thought). So my question: Is there a way to change the pilot status or the mission-result or to repeat the last mission?

Thanks for answer!
Posted By: Raine

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 12/17/19 05:29 PM

Download and use the excellent backup utility made by Robert Wiggins. Be sure to run it as administrator. It's available on the mod site.
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 12/17/19 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Becker01
Hi,

last weekend the bell rang during a mission. I forgot to press "P" / decrease the time-acceleration. When I came back I was dead ("oohh maaaan! So unnecessary" I thought). So my question: Is there a way to change the pilot status or the mission-result or to repeat the last mission?

Thanks for answer!

Mission Editor's Restore from backup feature.
Posted By: HarryH

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 12/17/19 06:38 PM

Hi,

Thanks for answer!

Both great suggestions above. Unfortunately Becker, you've lost this pilot for good though (unless you launched your previous mission with JJJ's Mission Editor).
Posted By: jakethescot1

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 12/18/19 01:10 AM

In the SH3 Silent Hunter sim, there's a program you can download and install called SH3 Commander. In it, you can speed up time to 1024 times the normal speed. No point in trying to cross the Atlantic in real time. You can manage the settings to reduce time, for example, when coming in contact with another ship or u-boat, it automatically drops to 8 times the speed - and I think it can be reduced down to real time. Would it possible to create such a program for WOFF?
Posted By: catch

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 12/18/19 06:28 AM

"To lose a pilot may be regarded as misfortune …. but to lose a pilot by forgetting to press P looks like carelessness." wink

Oscar Wilde: WOFF enthusiast.

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 12/18/19 02:04 PM

Thank you very much for the tips with ME- and BU-mod!
I will test it this weekend.
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 12/18/19 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by catch

"To lose a pilot may be regarded as misfortune …. but to lose a pilot by forgetting to press P looks like carelessness." wink

Oscar Wilde: WOFF enthusiast.

Classic! biggrin
Posted By: Sailor_Steve

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 01/06/20 02:17 PM

Is there a way to change the pilot status or the mission-result or to repeat the last mission?

Thanks for answer!

I go directly into the *OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields/Campaigns/CampaignData/Pilots* folder. I copy the entire *Pilots* folder and paste it to a different drive (in my case three different drives. Each one is labeled "Pilot Logs". When I lose a pilot to a cause that is unrelated to the mission I'm flying (Sometimes the joystick will detach itself from its system and the controls go all wonky - I usually don't discover that one until I'm taking off.) I then go to one of my backups and select the appropriate file, i.e. Pilot1Log for the first pilot in the book, Pilot2Log for the second pilot, etc. I copy that file and paste it back into the game folder and paste the file in, overwriting the "Dead" pilot's file. This puts me back to where I was just before that pilot died.

You do have to remember to copy and paste the correct pilot's file to the backups after every mission, but this system works perfectly.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 01/06/20 02:43 PM

Sailor, I have a pilots backup and restore tool on the WOFF Mods site that does all that and more. You should check it out! Read the "ReadMe" file that comes with it.
That tool has been around for quite some time.

Best Regards
Posted By: Sailor_Steve

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 01/06/20 02:49 PM

Thanks, RW. I'll check it out.

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 01/06/20 04:54 PM

Sailor

If you have any ? Or pronlems just PM me.
I am away from home until the 10th but I have internet on my phone
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 01/06/20 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Steve
Is there a way to change the pilot status or the mission-result or to repeat the last mission?

Thanks for answer!

I go directly into the *OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields/Campaigns/CampaignData/Pilots* folder. I copy the entire *Pilots* folder and paste it to a different drive (in my case three different drives. Each one is labeled "Pilot Logs". When I lose a pilot to a cause that is unrelated to the mission I'm flying (Sometimes the joystick will detach itself from its system and the controls go all wonky - I usually don't discover that one until I'm taking off.) I then go to one of my backups and select the appropriate file, i.e. Pilot1Log for the first pilot in the book, Pilot2Log for the second pilot, etc. I copy that file and paste it back into the game folder and paste the file in, overwriting the "Dead" pilot's file. This puts me back to where I was just before that pilot died.

You do have to remember to copy and past the correct pilot's file to the backups after every mission, but this system works perfectly.

Sailor,
that is done by Mission Editor automatically before each mission. So, there is no chance you forget to make backup wink .

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 01/06/20 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by JJJ65
Originally Posted by Sailor_Steve

Thanks for answer!

You do have to remember to copy and past the correct pilot's file to the backups after every mission, but this system works perfectly.

Sailor,
that is done by Mission Editor automatically before each mission. So, there is no chance you forget to make backup wink .

It is also achievable with my backup utility which will allow you to launch WOFF right after the backup automatically if you wish.

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 01/08/20 04:40 PM

Hallo,

the pilot backup tool is very nice and makes it much easier. Only problem is, that you need the right installation-path. In negative case the "handmade" way from @Sailor is a good idea.

Re: Revival after unfortunate death? - 01/08/20 06:31 PM

Becker

The tool sources the installation path for WOFF and should always work.
If you are aware of a scenario that doesn't work please PM me with details.

Thanks
© 2024 SimHQ Forums