homepage

Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like...

Posted By: Redwolf

Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 04:52 AM

For those of you who don't use Reshade or Sweetfx or run anything that can tweak the image sharpening, Nvidia added an "Image Sharpening" feature setting with their latest drivers. You can manage your 3D settings and set it to specifically turn on for WOFF if you like. I tried it out (with my usual reshade turned-off just to take a look at it). It is actually pretty nice and I think many of you will like it too. Go try it out and see for yourself. thumbsup
Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 07:49 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I did some testing with the default Nvidia Values (Sharpen 0.50) and it´s well balanced and noticeable.
Posted By: dutch

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 10:12 AM

Thats exactly what I did trying to say in this topic, https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads....e-interesting-nvidia-drivers#Post4487203 before an “ ................ ”, was throwing in his Frametimes, thinking my topic and remark after, was based only pure on FPS. screwy
Posted By: kksnowbear

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 01:55 PM

Of course, it might help if you actually said something to indicate what your point was, rather than just post a link. (It might also be good if you could post without personal insults, like "WoFF gamer professional".)

Most people are over-focused on FPS. I'm not one of them. You said "everyone is so focused on FPS". Your post was absolutely wrong, and I explained why.

If you don't care for being corrected, perhaps you shouldn't make inaccurate statements (rather than complaining about the person who called you on it).
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 03:15 PM

kknowsitall:
For some one who does not even own the game (since you sold your copy quite a while ago), you sure like to spout off a lot on this website. I wonder why ???
Posted By: dutch

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 03:35 PM

Sorry I should not write down WoFF gamer professional, thats was not good as Stache can write this better down and more sophisticated as all can be read here: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads....eeded-for-next-graphics-card#Post4451664
I will delete that aspect if it hurt you

BTW, did you sell this game, because you could not adjust it without having stutters,
rolleyes
Posted By: Burning_Beard

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 03:43 PM

I just tried these out and they work great, everything is appreciably sharper with no apparent fps loss. Even make this old skin of mine look good.

Beard

Attached picture Combat Flight Simulator 3 Screenshot 2019.11.17 - 07.25.44.41.png
Posted By: gaw1

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 04:00 PM

well......this forum is almost universally polite and friendly....it's sort of shocking when someone with an ugly edge pipes up. and more to the point, thx for the "sharpening " tip. I'll give it go now!!!!
Posted By: kksnowbear

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 04:10 PM

Once again, it is completely absurd to suggest that because I do not currently own something, I cannot be aware of problems with it. History has proven this over and over again, as with the Chevy Vega: Few people owned them, yey many many more are aware of the corrosion problems they had. It's an irrelevant argument.

Not only that, but the fact is, I did own the game a one point, and I owned it long enough to test a great deal. During that time, I proved the exact issues that I remain concerned about to this day - and the issues have not been disproved, by anyone.

In other words, the facts just don't agree with your arguments. I don't run around here telling you how to think, so kindly stop trying to tell me I have to think like you just because you say so. Let's discuss facts and what can be proven, measured, and demonstrated...and leave the personal insults out of it.
Originally Posted by Panama Red
kknowsitall:
For some one who does not even own the game (since you sold your copy quite a while ago), you sure like to spout off a lot on this website. I wonder why ???

As usual, we can't address the facts at hand, so we resort to name-calling. Very mature.

As I explained above, the "You don't own it" argument is invalid, and I owned it long enough to prove there are still issues which - to me - affect the game too much. The fact is, the issues can cause an adverse outcome that has nothing to do with player skill or actions. So - for me - this is a problem.

If it's not a problem for you - that's great. I don't complain because you like the game, and it shouldn't bother you so much that someone doesn't see things like you do.
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 04:20 PM

The trouble is, you do act like you know it all, that is why so many people in the past made comments about all the negative comments that you were posting here on the site even though you sold your game.
Posted By: kksnowbear

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Panama Red
The trouble is, you do act like you know it all, that is why so many people in the past made comments about all the negative comments that you were posting here on the site even though you sold your game.


None of that is my fault, and the negative comments were (and remain) completely unnecessary. They are simply attacks by people who can't be mature enough to accept not everyone agrees with them. And again: Owning something currently is not a requirement for having an opinion on it.

As far as what I know, I don't need to apologize for my professional experience, training, or work in this field. I've helped many, many more than the few who seem to get their feelings hurt here. And when I share that knowledge, I am more than happy to back it up with fact. Proof. Measurable evidence and empirical data. And that just really seems to bother some people when it shows that their opinions might not be accurate.

So, what normally happens is because they can't maintain an untenable position, they resort to the old standbys: "You don't own the game" (immaterial), or the insults and personal attacks. Ad hominem.
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 07:15 PM

The trouble is that you attack anybody who disagrees with you even if it is just your opinion and not a fact (such as which is a better monitor, like 1080p versus 1440p or 2160p monitors and tell people how they should spend their money on PC parts).

And the really funny part is no matter what is said, YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO HAVE THE LAST WORD. unless the Dev's shut you off like many times in the past for all your negative comments.
Posted By: gaw1

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 07:39 PM

It does add a nice touch! Much obliged......let me amend that. It's really attractive step forward. NVIDIA seems to pay attention to EVERYTHING else aside from WOFF/WOTR and even at second intention, this is good. Thx again for the heads up!
Posted By: kksnowbear

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Panama Red
The trouble is that you attack anybody who disagrees with you even if it is just your opinion and not a fact (such as which is a better monitor, like 1080p versus 1440p or 2160p monitors and tell people how they should spend their money on PC parts).

And the really funny part is no matter what is said, YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO HAVE THE LAST WORD. unless the Dev's shut you off like many times in the past for all your negative comments.


So what this is really about is you're upset because of a thread where it's discussed that 4k is not worth it...and others here, as well as many reputable sources online, actually agree with me.

I see.

Well, I'd really like to continue our chat here, but I really should be working on the two builds I'm being paid to do right now...7th and 8th for the year, unless I've lost count, and that's not counting family, or any upgrades vs entire systems. Some of this was done for/with people from this forum, and I continue that work as well.

And of course, this is all just "hobby" work, not the normal, full-time computer work I usually get paid to do.

I can certainly see why you think no one values my input.

Of course I'm sure you're busy with all the professionally-compensated computer work you've got going, too, so good luck! Always nice to chat.
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 09:41 PM

I never said that I did not value your input, what I do not like nor do a number of other people is your know it all attitude when you present your opinions as facts and then attack anybody who disagrees with you.

I suspect this is why the Dev's have shut you down before because you get real snippy when ever you are shown to be wrong.

P.S. YOU ARE DOING EXACTLY AS I SAID ABOVE ABOUT ALWAYS WANTING THE LAST WORD TOO. biggrin
Posted By: WallysWorld

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/17/19 10:02 PM

Thanks for the tip. I am downloading the latest nVidia driver now. My current driver is from September.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/18/19 09:39 AM

OK guys lets calm it down some in here.

Please keep it friendly and stick to the topic of helping the thread starter.
Posted By: gaw1

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/21/19 11:03 PM

and yet.....played maybe 10 missions with and without the Nvidia sharpening....and found I like the vanilla serve from OBD better...w/out the sharpening. It was an interesting change and fun to have as an option but I like the softer curves of the sim as is. It's fun to strap on the mods but from this broken-ass veteran of this fabulous sim (been w/ CFS3 a mere 40 years).....if you just install WOFF PE and play as is....you'll be fine. All the fabulous adds over the years, OBD have incorporated to make the game another step better. So....for any new takers out there.....you don't HAVE to deal w/ the tweaks....they're fun....just run the game as is and you'll be fine. None of us can resist a twitch for that fractional improvement.....but just know that Out of the Box delivery of WOFF PE is #%&*$# near perfect.....no tedious fossil expeditions to find fixes. The patches are easily avialable and easily installed and the only hitch is that you'll have to update your rig to meet the cool stuff on offer. God Speed
Posted By: Wodin

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/21/19 11:19 PM

Like curved monitors I don't really see the point of 4K. Always fund it funny in adverts when they show off the great colours in the particular TV. I just go yes it looks great and I'm seeing it on my actual TV so no need for that one:)

Really makes no sense advertising TV's on TV's
Posted By: MajorMagee

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 11/27/19 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Burning_Beard
I just tried these out and they work great, everything is appreciably sharper with no apparent fps loss. Even make this old skin of mine look good.

Beard


I just tried this on my GTX980, and while the 3 FPS hit is no big deal, it looks like every few frames the sharpening can't keep up and you get an unsharpened frame thrown in. The net effect is that the screen looks like it's micro-stuttering as the rendering pulses between modes.

The recent addition of AMD's Contrast Adaptive Sharpen (CAS) to Reshade (Here Is The FX Code) is probably going to be a better option for me. It has a bigger FPS impact, but it looks great and runs smoothly.
Posted By: mandrews

Re: Nvidia users - a little new added feature you may like... - 12/03/19 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wodin
Like curved monitors I don't really see the point of 4K. Always fund it funny in adverts when they show off the great colours in the particular TV. I just go yes it looks great and I'm seeing it on my actual TV so no need for that one:)

Really makes no sense advertising TV's on TV's


I can remember my parents bringing home our first COLOUR TV. They said the ads for color were VERY EFFECTIVE even on a BW set.
© 2020 SimHQ Forums