homepage

UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ...

Posted By: Polovski

UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/13/19 01:40 PM

As mentioned previously currently we are working on finishing the next WOFF UE update (V4.22a) which as we have posted before will include a free aircraft.

The aircraft will be a Fokker D.VI with the Oberursel UR-II 110 hp engine.

Note the new detailed scenery shown is a work-in-progress upgrade to all of WOFF's scenery and will appear in a coming ADDON for release after the free update.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

-----

As mentioned after the 4.22a update, we will, later, release a new Add-On for WOFF UE.
(more details will be posted when we are ready).

Here's some WIP of the new scenery in the future Add-On:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/13/19 01:52 PM

Pol, the planes are stunning, but oh my lord, look at that forest density! I can't wait. I know I have to, but I really can't.

You guys rock, by the way. salute

Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/13/19 02:17 PM

Louvert you echo my thoughts! A real boost to WOFF UE!
Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/13/19 03:20 PM

Looks fantastic!
Posted By: OvStachel

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/13/19 03:38 PM

WOW!!! Forget the dogfighting... that's got to be the most amazing VFR scenery of any flight sim I've seen yet! I'm excited just to fly around and enjoy it.

Great work guys!
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/13/19 09:11 PM

Both the plane and the scenery look fantastic, Pol. And there's plenty of stuff in the patch that you can't see.

Now, can somebody with some history knowledge tell me about the "new" plane?
Posted By: Redwolf

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/13/19 09:40 PM

Most excellent! Thank you! smile

...hmmm, just wondering...WOTR takes quite a framerate hit vs. WOFFUE (at least for me). Will this new terrain upgrade add-on influence a framerate hit more towards WOTR or be mild or moderate or ?
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/13/19 11:29 PM

Huzzah!
I’ll take free certainly but not afraid to shell out for more WOFF goodness.
Keep it coming please!
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 01:31 AM

Awesome! A/C looks like:

Pilot 1: "You got your DRI in my DVII! "
Pilot 2: "You got your DVII in myyyy DRI!"
Posted By: Rugbyfan1972

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 03:51 AM

Hellshade,

Wikipeadia has the following to say about the Fokker DVI.

Posted By: JJJ65

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hellshade
Both the plane and the scenery look fantastic, Pol. And there's plenty of stuff in the patch that you can't see.

Now, can somebody with some history knowledge tell me about the "new" plane?

+1
Yep, everything looks very good.
No offence, just of curiousity - anybody wished that "new" plane (Fokker DVI)? wink And, did I get it well - is the next ADDON going to be payable?
Thank you.

Posted By: Wulfe

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 07:14 AM

Just brilliant.

One of the main things that amazed me when I found out about WoFF was just how extensive the plane-set was, and to see that it's only getting bigger...? Seriously, hats off to the devs. You guys have a level of commitment that is very rare to see. And that scenery looks simply fantastic! Eagerly awaiting the new update...

The D.VI is an interesting looking kite! Looks like a Dr.I and a D.VII had a baby...
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 10:19 AM

The DVI passed its Typenprüfung (official type test) on 15 March 1918... only 59 ever built.

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 11:39 AM

Which Fokker model was it that JG1 reportedly used to help its pilots transition to the Fokker Dr.1?
Without digging out the books I thought it was the DVI?
Fokker, not a numerically big production, bi-plane, with the 110 HP rotary?
Think, eventually, they were used (in small numbers) against the French?
Posted By: jeanba

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 12:12 PM

Great !

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 01:46 PM

The Fokker D.VI was well-received, a winner of the Idfleig February 1918 Fighter Competition (complicated but technically a merging of Fokker test aircraft V 13 and V 9 became the production D.VI).
It had a decent performance, climb not far off the Mercedes powered Fokker D.VII. The orders were only cancelled as the Fokker E.V came along and won the next competition, so they simply replaced remaining D.VI batch of orders and went for the E.V.
The original orders were for 120 and 150 (270 total) but after the first 60 aircraft were delivered, they switched deliveries to the E.V instead.
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 04:31 PM

Pol:
Does the new terrain, viewing distance and DX9 shaders effect the FPS like they do in WOTR ???

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 04:40 PM

WOFF will not be exactly the same as WOTR, many things are different, and we haven't finished making the Add-on yet so hard to say what fps will be - we have more things to do, before we test, optimise etc.
Posted By: jakethescot1

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Polovski
WOFF will not be exactly the same as WOTR, many things are different, and we haven't finished making the Add-on yet so hard to say what fps will be - we have more things to do, before we test, optimise etc.

You know you're killing us, one post at a time.
Posted By: Shredward

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 06:57 PM

The DVI was issued to units to prepare them for the transition from inline (read Tros) to rotary (read Siemens), and to Heimat units and units in backwaters.
Cheers
Shredward
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Polovski

Incredibly excited for the Add-on. While I am currently being quite stingy with my purchases in a plan to have my credit cards totally paid off by the end of the year, anything WOFF UE related will always get my money. Locked and loaded sir. Can't wait for the details.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/14/19 09:16 PM

Wonderful ! My checkbook is ready.
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/15/19 01:55 AM

Another Fokker? Sign me up! I’ll look at it, admire it and promptly shoot it down. Thank you OBD.
Can’t wait to see what havoc that extra scenery will wreak on my sorry excuse for a rig.
Posted By: jakethescot1

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/26/19 11:31 AM

So, this new add-on will make the Ground Season Textures mod obsolete? What about the Rivers mod by Olham?

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/26/19 01:10 PM

Hi, no idea you will have to check with the mod maker after release.

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/26/19 01:12 PM

I wish I knew what that meant jake

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/26/19 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by jakethescot1
So, this new add-on will make the Ground Season Textures mod obsolete? What about the Rivers mod by Olham?

I, having no idea what exactly is coming from OBD, will say almost certainly yes - maybe in full at least in part.

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/26/19 05:17 PM

Well put it this way, if you use the mod it will replace the new scenery.

Rivers mod no idea, maybe when the patch comes out, try it using JSGME and see if it's what you want. But we do not test mods or keep track, that's unreasonable to ask.
Posted By: gaw1

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/26/19 10:48 PM

sign me up.........

Re: UPDATE 4.22a Work in progress - Fokker D.VI, FREE, and more ... - 05/27/19 06:01 PM

This Update is now released see the sticky post in the forum
here
© 2020 SimHQ Forums