homepage

Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map

Posted By: OvStachel

Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/23/18 02:24 AM

I was bored and needed a little project these past few days.... so I took on the in-flight map. I used RAF_Louvert's insanely accurate and detailed Flight maps as my guide.

Peronally, I like to write detailed Kill records and always felt the original and Nibbo's maps just didn't have enough detail to them. I know it's a matter of opinion though, you might think the remake is too busy.

Anyone want to try it out? Let me know yay or nay? Let me know what you think... like it.. .hate it... etc. If it's good, it'll go out to all to use as they wish.

Original map design credit to Nibbo and I will mention that in a readme once I finalize it to a JSGME file.. uh... however that gets done... LOL.

So PM with your email addy and I'll send you the file to add to your main OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder.

OvS
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/23/18 02:46 AM

Well, Mr. Black Baron of Boistrancourt, that sounds like a wonderful idea. My life has been insanely busy, a ton of extra hours on a big job at work and a new grandson at the end of September. It's been so much so that I can't remember what my buttons on my joystick should do, but I'm always hopeful I can get back in the virtual air soon. And when I get there, I need all the help I can get - I still marvel at how these guys did what they did! Thanks to you on Thanksgiving!

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/23/18 04:19 AM

Good to hear from you Drone. Same here... life is just busy. My little one grew up and is now in College... so hi-ho.. hi-ho... it overtime I go...

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and Family.

OvS
Posted By: Sailor_Steve

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/23/18 04:43 AM

PM sent.

I also have a couple of "little ones", although mine are both in their late 30s. Between them i have six grandkids.
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/23/18 07:48 AM

[quote=OvStachel
Anyone want to try it out?
[/quote]

Does a bear defecate in the arborage? Upload please!

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/23/18 01:42 PM

Lol...

I can't upload because of the file type. PM me your email and I'll get it to you in a .rar file.

OvS

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/23/18 01:44 PM

BTW... I'm sorry I forgot to mention.. this is Nibbo's original map that I reworked. I always like how detailed he made his map however, as he pointed out, there were inaccuracies in it. Well, I corrected all (or all that I could find) and added a whole slew of new town and villages to it.

OvS
Posted By: Maeran

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/23/18 04:08 PM

Pm sent. I'd like to have a look.

My little one is very little indeed, being 3 months old now.
My pc has been turned on only about a dozen times since then.
But I have already been negotiating flying time with SWMBO in anticipation of the upcoming DiD

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/23/18 04:26 PM

OK fellas! Thanks. I'm good with the amount of people that replied. I hope to have it out to everyone this weekend, or early next week.

Thanks for jumping in for a test for those that replied quick. I'll see about getting it wrapped into a JSGME package so it's easy to install once the feedback looks good.

best!

James
'OvS'
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/23/18 07:01 PM

Be waiting anxiously for this one.
A more detailed map has always been a desire of mine.
Posted By: jakethescot1

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/24/18 02:03 AM

Thanks, OvS. Beautiful work.
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/24/18 03:08 AM

I got it, OvS. Hope to try it out soon! Thanks!
Posted By: dutch

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/24/18 07:54 AM

It would be great if modify Nibbo’s map, you also change the planes color, now same green as the wood, so it will be visible when flying above the dense woods.
Posted By: hoongadoonga

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/24/18 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by dutch
It would be great if modify Nibbo’s map, you also change the planes color, now same green as the wood, so it will be visible when flying above the dense woods.

Yes, please do.
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/25/18 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by hoongadoonga
Originally Posted by dutch

Yes, please do.

You can already change it easily with the help of Multimod - check this thread. . he latest version is 1.9.1.
Just chage the color of Formation, that is used also for displaying of player plane on the map.
[Linked Image]

Attached picture MM.jpg
Posted By: Stache

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/25/18 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by OvStachel
BTW... I'm sorry I forgot to mention.. this is Nibbo's original map that I reworked. I always like how detailed he made his map however, as he pointed out, there were inaccuracies in it. Well, I corrected all (or all that I could find) and added a whole slew of new town and villages to it.OvS

I like it. Nice to have the additional names.
I'd say its a keeper.

Thanks for doing this.
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/30/18 02:39 PM

I definitely what to give this a go! Is the download available yet, and if so, where can we find it? Thanks for putting this together James, much appreciated.

Lou

Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 11/30/18 09:28 PM

+1 smile

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/01/18 02:38 PM

Sorry fellas. I have the JSGME file builder loaded, I've just been super busy this week with my wife and Xmas stuff. I hope to put it together tonight and submit the file for approval and upload.

Best,

James
'OvS'
Posted By: bweiss

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/02/18 06:41 PM

Thanks OvS, can't wait to try it.

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/07/18 01:53 PM

Bump for progress...

Permission to use map was given
Map completed, packaged and approved by OBD devs
Map sent to Sandbagger, just awaiting upload.
Look for it next week!

Happy Hunting!

OvS

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/07/18 07:51 PM

S!
Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/07/18 10:16 PM

Eagerly awaiting for this one!

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/16/18 08:16 AM

Any news about this?

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/16/18 08:32 PM

It should be up on the mod page soon.

2 more weeks.
Posted By: Sandbagger

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/18/18 12:04 AM

Hi all,
'OvS' has updated 'Nibbo's' In-Flight Map Mod, which is now available on the Users Mod Page.

Link to WOFF UE from the Home Page - http://www.thatoneplease.co/indexWOFFWOTR.html

OR

Direct from the linked Maps page - http://www.thatoneplease.co/mapsWOFF.html.html

If the pages don't show the date as 17th December 2018 then refresh the page.

Mike

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/18/18 01:31 AM

Thanks a mil Mike!

James

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/18/18 06:45 AM

Thanks for the hard work OvS!
Posted By: Becker01

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/19/18 02:49 PM

My contribution from the mod-site: "Updated In-Flight Map Mod"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Becker01

Very nice work OvS!
I hope you can finish it with the railways and roads as you have written.

My only Suggestion for a little improvment:
The aeroplane and the forests in the map have the same green colour. Is it possible to change the green in the map a little bit?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo JJJ65:
Thank you for the tip with multimod 1.9.1.

But I mean it not only because of the aeroplane-colour.
Let me explain: Please look at ICAO-Cards or other maps for VFR-Flight. Forrests are in lime / pale green. That's no coincidence. It has sense, because you can see all other symbols on forrest-markings better than on the intensive / dark green background (try to imagine the small black line of a railroad on a dark green background and that you have only time for a fast look on your kneeboard in reality).

I hope it is more clear now, what I wanted to say (no Problem for me, if OvS can't change it. It's a great work!).
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/19/18 06:38 PM

You can easily change it yourself by editing a value in the view.xml file, I believe. I would give you more detailed instructions, but I am currently away from my computer and haven't edited any files for awhile, so I can't be absolutely sure just based on memory.
Posted By: Sailor_Steve

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/20/18 01:37 PM

I had a little trouble at first but with help it was solved. I just realized I never reported back. I'm using this map regularly and I love the extra detail it contains. Thanks for this great little mod!

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/20/18 08:56 PM

Hiya fellas... just make sure you download the version from the Mod page. It is the most updated and recent. I added a lot to the map compared to the version I gave out to test with.

As for the green.... it was part of the original artwork. That was not my intent to change the map into something totally different. I just wanted to add many of the missing towns and villages for depth and atmosphere while you're flying over them.
Now you can have a better idea where you are, and use that info for your Victory claims... who knows.. maybe more will be confirmed. LOL

Best,

OvS
Posted By: jerbear

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/22/18 12:03 AM

OvStachel, thanks for your hard work. Looks excellent. Just used it for the first time, its nice to see what river you're over and what that little grey dot is called. Victory was confirmed so maybe you created not only a fine map update but a pair of scissors that will cut red tape as well. biggrin

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/22/18 06:38 AM

Released?
Pick it up next login.
Thanks OvS.
Posted By: Becker01

Re: Revamped Nibbo's In-Flight Map - 12/22/18 07:04 PM

@OvS

Simply great! I fly since the mod ist out and I don't want to go back. I hope you can finish it!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums