homepage

You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add)

Posted By: Nowi

You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/11/18 10:42 PM

You wake up from a Sunday afternoon nap, open your eyes, look out through the double glass doors over the lake, and think you see an observation balloon suspended above the tree line about 4 kilometers away!
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/11/18 11:28 PM

Nowi, that reads like a qualification for membership in the Barmy OFFers Club to me. And I should know, I'm one of its founding members. biggrin

BWOC BWOC BWOC!

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/11/18 11:32 PM

Nowi, you can submit your request to join at the link below. I for one think you are more than qualified to become one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy.

The Barmy OFFers Club

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 12:31 AM

GASP!

Nowi, apologies, I was just reviewing our club communiques and discovered that you in fact made application to join our lot several months ago. This oversight will be corrected posthaste.

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 12:46 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: ARUP

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 01:20 AM

... you overcook your supper rendering it inedible getting 'one more flight in'!
Posted By: CCIP

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 07:05 AM

...while operating any vehicle, you start looking for the blip switch!
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 09:23 AM

...you can find your way from St Omer to Arras without looking at the map but you get lost in your local supermarket.
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 10:39 AM

My god chaps!... you lot need to get yourselves to the MO sharpish!
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 12:48 PM

I live in a busy “aerial area.” Unsure why but I always have airplanes of all types flying overhead. Heck, my neighbor has his own plane and strip cut in his farm crops.
Anyway my “too much WOFF” moment came one bright and sunny Sunday morning.
Heard aircraft engine sounds (as always) and, based on the unique sound, looked up fully expecting to see an Se5 overhead.
Whatever plane it was had “pirated” the engine noise of the in-game Se5 sound. What cheek!

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 01:37 PM

... you click on a desktop icon other than WOFF and are surprised when you don't hear a scratchy phonograph needle and a cat meow.

... you glance down while driving in order to find your coffee and wonder why the compass isn't in the cup holder next to it.

... while at a lecture your mind wanders off to your last mission over the lines and you inadvertently say, out loud and at an elevated volume, "Damned Archie!", at which point you realize everyone in the lecture hall is looking at you as if you have lobsters crawling from your ears.

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 02:01 PM

It’s been a tough day but the worst is over; you’re in your car, but you’re facing a long drive home. As you hit the highway and turn on cruise control, you instinctively start playing with the switches searching for the 12x function.

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 02:08 PM

And wouldn't THAT be handy.

Posted By: Raine

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/12/18 02:56 PM

You wake up to the sound of rain on the rooftop, tell yourself all flights are scrubbed, and roll over for a other hour's sleep - and then wake up late for work!
Posted By: Sailor_Steve

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/13/18 07:42 AM

Playing too much WOFF? I don't understand the question.

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/13/18 12:26 PM

You been playing too much WOFF when you wear your replica Blue Max to the store for groceries.
Posted By: OvStachel

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/13/18 01:50 PM

You been playing too much WOFF when you drink caster oil for breakfest, kick out the windshield of your car and strap on a set of goggles to drive to work.
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/13/18 04:09 PM

You been playing too much WOFF when you think your wife starts to look like Countess Kaeti von Klugermann.
Posted By: FieryCrash

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 11/13/18 06:04 PM

when your oldest kid comes down to see you in the game room and sees you wearing a Mad Bomber hat and your motorcycle goggles to add the the immersion of the mission your on. Whilst sipping a cup of tea.
Posted By: Deejan

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 12/01/18 06:52 PM

And you’ve played way too much WOFF (if there is such a thing) when you are driving down the highway, have lined up an an aggressive driver’s six who has cut you off and imagine your head lights have become twin mg’s; you squeeze the button on your steering wheel which controls the radio volume envisioning hot lead filling the backside of said agressive driver; then as he exits from the highway you’ve observed the exhaust from his tailpipe as his smoking aircraft trailing off to crash. Vindicated you fly on...err drive on, land errr park in your driveway, and upon entering your home/debriefing shack you immediately fillout a combat report claiming an enemy aircraft destroyed subsequently submitting this claim to your rather confused looking spouse. Then you ask said c/o where she has stashed the whisky.....NOW that’s Barmy! If I end up going to bed with a set of ski googles, gloves and fur lined cap with earflaps on my night table ready for my next mission I had best seek the assistance of a local MO.

Cheers!!
Posted By: MFair

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 12/01/18 09:15 PM

Playing too much WOFF when while stalking deer in the woods you look for the “L” key so you know there is a 160 class 5 year old buck at 200 yards. Just over the hill out of your sight.

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 12/01/18 10:52 PM

MFair... wouldn't that be great? It would work for turkeys, too!
Posted By: Raine

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 12/02/18 04:25 AM

Or when you've shot the deer, gutted, cleaned, hanged, and butchered it, and you have 150 pounds of prime venison in the freezer, but you're pretty sure your claim will be denied because you were hunting alone.
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 12/02/18 09:07 AM

When you know just how much to "aim off" to hit a kangaroo on the run from the back of a ute doing 80.

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 12/02/18 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Raine
Or when you've shot the deer, gutted, cleaned, hanged, and butchered it, and you have 150 pounds of prime venison in the freezer, but you're pretty sure your claim will be denied because you were hunting alone.

And the game warden cites you with a fine because your 'virtual tag' isn't valid!

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 12/02/18 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ace_Pilto
When you know just how much to "aim off" to hit a kangaroo on the run from the back of a ute doing 80.

Dingos would be even tougher, right? lol
Posted By: OvStachel

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 12/03/18 12:09 AM

When you've replaced maple syrup with castor oil on your pancakes... because it just seems right .

Re: You’ve been playing too much WOFF when (feel free to add) - 12/06/18 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by OvStachel
When you've replaced maple syrup with castor oil on your pancakes... because it just seems right .

Just think... castor oil was considered punishment for little kids back in the day. No wonder I still like flying glow fuel powered RC model airplanes! Mmmmmmm.... the aroma of burnt castor oil!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums