homepage

Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost?

Posted By: Pawgy

Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 02:29 PM

Well I thought i would move my Woff ui to my external drive and I thought it was successful untill I tried to find it on the external drive. I had a folder on my external drive for my original OFF called OBD software with three folders . Number 1 was CSWW1 Over Flanders Field. Folder number 2 was WOFF, folder number 3 was WW1 scenery. These held my original game (Woff Hat in ring) and all worked fine and still do. The trouble is I think , When i tried to transfer WOFF UI to my external drive it tried to put it in the same folder. If it did not Then i do not know where it is. Since I moved it and did not copy it was gone from my C drive completely. SO I just Re-installed woff ui on my c drive and it works fine ,But i still would like to know where the transfer went on my external drive. Thanks for reading this and any useful comments.
Regards
Pawgy
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 02:40 PM

Well that one is a mystery, Pawgy. If you can't find it anywhere on your external HD after sending it there, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe it went the same way those socks go in the dryer.

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 03:11 PM

Great answer RAF. I have lost quit a few socks in the dryer, thats for sure.
Posted By: Nowi

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 03:41 PM

The only time I’ve seen anything like that was when I disconnected an external drive without clearing the cache.

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 04:49 PM

Thanks NOWI I let it run straight thru with no disconnect.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 04:55 PM

Pawgy

Try a search at full system level for WOFF.exe and see how many versions you find. There should only be one, found at your main install location. If you find another, go to the folder as that may be the missing one you are looking for.

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 05:15 PM

Thanks Robert but i think I have found it in my "I" external Hard drive. Just where it was supposed to be. The problem was the original .exe was their and I did not go far enough down the install to see the >exe for my new version i transferred. Oh well .Now i have two installs of my new woff ui. one on my c drive and one on my "I " drive.
Posted By: Maeran

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 05:19 PM

Robert Wiggins , where is your backup program these days? I was going to recommend it in case a reinstall is needed but can't find the thing.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Maeran
Robert Wiggins , where is your backup program these days? I was going to recommend it in case a reinstall is needed but can't find the thing.

Maran good to hear from you. It's on Sandbaggers mods site.

Best Regards

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 06:08 PM

OK guys. My next question is How do you install the original WOFF and then install Hat IN Ring on an external drive.? Hat in ring is a download and it just looks for wOFF on the original drive. And i have my new UI version on my c drive.
Posted By: Maeran

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/05/18 07:15 PM

WOFF UE custom settings for the D3D8.DLL file
About halfway down this page

http://www.thatoneplease.co/toolsWOFF.html

Is a good insurance against losing pilots and settings when trying out various installation's and mods.

I'm away from my pc right now so someone else might confirm before I can, but the hat in the ring install points to your WOFF folder automatically. I think the easiest thing to do would be to install one WOFF instance. COPY the whole folder onto your external drive with a different folder name (OBD1 maybe) and then install HITR over the original default folder. Then move that one.

Please let someone else confirm before you do this. I know it works for Rome:Total War but I haven't tried it with WOFF
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/06/18 10:37 AM

Hat in the Ring was an Addon for the older "OFF" not "WOFF"
(OFF = Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven and Hell" = OFF Phase 3)

Re: Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate moved and lost? - 11/06/18 06:04 PM

I think I understand that Hat in Ring was not for UI. I would like to make another install of OFF with hat in ring but it wants to put hat in the ring on my new install on my c drive. I just want to add Hat in ring to my old original OFF on another drive.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums