homepage

WOTR almost here!

Posted By: CrimsonTide

WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 03:42 PM

Great new vid. Tried to buy but not yet ready.
WOTR
Posted By: matmilne

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 04:35 PM

The new soundtrack provides more depth and scale, making use of the full human audible spectrum.
Much more so than woff's, it's one of the biggest differences between the woff and wotr soundtracks.

Music headphones are highly recommended, supporting the full mp3 range (50hz - 22khz), and will immerse you more fully.

Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 06:23 PM

Exciting!
Posted By: Dark_Canuck

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 06:34 PM

I cant wait till the buy button goes live!
Posted By: dutch

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by 77_Scout
Exciting!

indeed. readytoeat
Posted By: Raine

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 08:06 PM

I'm about to be away from my PC for nearly two weeks.... sigh
Posted By: RickityCrate1

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 08:36 PM

Exciting stuff! Here's to the success Of WOTR! cheers
Posted By: Picchio

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 09:05 PM

Could anyone post a direct link to the video? I don't see it on the page (I'm limited to using my smartphone...). Thanks!
Posted By: Adger

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Picchio
Could anyone post a direct link to the video? I don't see it on the page (I'm limited to using my smartphone...). Thanks!

try this Piccio [img]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etY_E4VMQmg&t=51s[/img]
Posted By: Picchio

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 09:21 PM

Holy crap.
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/04/18 09:24 PM

Awesome stuff guys. smile
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/05/18 01:59 AM

I hope no one give them any flak about what looks to be only two flyable aircraft in Phase 1. I know I'll be on it as soon as I know it's live. I can imagine that they simply have to get some cash flowing and us guys flying it can start giving them feedback and create more buzz. Go guys go, we're really pulling for you!
Posted By: rtoolooze262

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/05/18 02:24 AM

Yes, we are really pulling for you. This is just phase 1. Can't wait to get my hands on it!!!! (One of these days I will finally get to fly in the famed JV-44 squadron, but that's a ways off. I can still think about it tho)
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/05/18 02:34 AM

Thanks for the link, Adger! That video is something to behold! I love the gunsights, and about a million other things! It's a real leap over my past WWII sim. Go OBD!
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/05/18 04:10 AM

Very nice! At least somewhat working mirrors, it seems? Oh, and I can see the tracers!
Posted By: Bad0pel

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/05/18 05:06 AM

The modeling looks fantastic! aircraft are looking great, this will be a must have in my collection once it is available. Though,I hope "WoTR" can surpass "BoBII: Wings of Victory" someday, as far as 100+airplane formation raids over Britain, and can replicate the feel of scale, also being able to select certain squadrons to campaign with. I know that WW1 era huge scale operations like in WW2, rarely happened, WoFF:UE is a perfect simulator that get WW1 aerial combat pretty darn right, no matter bomber/fighter choice . Yes i know, CFS3 was released 3 yrs before BoBII:WoV (Nor is it fair to compair), it seems like there is still so much potential that can be had from this particular time in war that has been untapped. Aside from the Battle of Britain, imagine if you can simulate a U.S Strategic Bomber Command Campaign with heavy bombers (like B-17's, B-24's). That on its own would absolutely open up an area in flight sim history which never tried to tackle that, other than "B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th".... But lets face it, 8 ship formations are faaaar from realistic, and its a rather outdated engine and game as a whole. Large scale campaigns and trying to survive the big 25+ as a crew or keeping a squadron from being wiped out would be a great challenge. I just don't understand why nobody has tried to tackle this area. All rant aside, i cannot wait until this is available, the hype is strong, but least you're backing it up!
Posted By: MajorMagee

Re: WOTR almost here! - 09/05/18 10:37 AM

HouseHobbit developed several missions for CFS3 a few years back with very large formations. The game didn't seem to have much trouble dealing with it on newer computers.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums