homepage

LITTLE SOLDIER MEN

Posted By: jerbear

LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/09/18 11:38 PM

Has anyone else failed to notice the little soldiers in the infantry positions on the ground. I have been using WOFF for about a year and a half and never made the connection between the outlines on the radar and the small, worm like things I would occasionally see below me. I never got low enough over them to actually see what they were. I knew ground fire was coming from somewhere but just figured it was a random thing. I've usually just dropped bombs on the general area without seeing anything except maybe some zig zag trenches. You have to get right down on top of them to see them, or select them as a target and F1 to see them but they're there and they will bite.

Attached picture z little men.png
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/10/18 12:25 AM

Yes, it's very easy to overlook the small things when you are focused on air combat missions. There is much more down there to see if you spend the time looking. Watch for the tanks and trains as well. It's always nice to get down low close to the barrages as well. Take the time to check out all the figures on the airfields, If you load up the "Consolidated Custom Mods Repository" (a set of mods), you will see many enhanced features and characters added to the airfields.

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/10/18 12:30 AM

I've seen the nice box cars 4L0M did, and many thanks to him for his hard work, but not the tanks. I'll have to see if I can get myself killed having a look at them, thanks.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/10/18 09:33 AM

Tanks are in the sim - you will see them later engage in tank battles. Also soldiers move across NML usually during major offensives you will see more activity.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/10/18 01:30 PM

Where can I find the Consolidated Custom Mods Repository looked in the Mods section and can't find it Thanks for any help
Posted By: hoongadoonga

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/10/18 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by rwatson
Where can I find the Consolidated Custom Mods Repository looked in the Mods section and can't find it

It's under "airfields" on Sandbagger's mods website.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/10/18 09:48 PM

Thanks M8 found it...

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/10/18 10:18 PM

TAKE THAT YOU LITTLE BOCHE SCUM!!!

Attached picture Z TRENCH.png

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/15/18 12:35 AM

Boche attacking [Linked Image]

Attached picture z krauts.png

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/15/18 12:40 AM

Dead Germans from strafing attack

Attached picture z krauts deadpng.png

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/15/18 12:44 AM

Camouflaged gun emplacement...still looking for tanks

Attached picture z gun.png

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 07/16/18 01:18 PM

Dear Polovsky:

Have not been able to find the tanks. Looked for them, in particular on 24 Apr 18 at Villers Bretoneux near Amiens where the first tank on tank battle took place. Can you tell me when I am most likely to see tanks or is it a random event during any offensive after the Somme.

Sincerely,

jerbear

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 10/28/18 11:45 PM

Finally found my tanks. A column of German GUA7Vs. [Linked Image]

Attached picture w cb tank.jpg
Posted By: rtoolooze262

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 10/29/18 01:15 AM

Right on that's cool!
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 10/29/18 09:38 AM

I've never seen actual soldiers, do you need to have a specific setting enabled to a certain level to see them?
Posted By: Polovski

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 10/29/18 10:03 AM

You mostly will see them wheh the major offensives are actually happening, then fly low over the front (Battle of the Somme at the main period for example)
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 10/29/18 10:11 AM

I'll have to take a look some time, thanks!

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 10/29/18 11:52 PM

Take a look and then get the heck out of there. They take offense at rubber necking.

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 01/05/19 09:45 PM

Allied AA battery with truck mounted guns and some MG nests protecting an observation balloon. [Linked Image]

Attached picture fzb AA.jpg
Posted By: ARUP

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 01/06/19 11:50 PM

If you 'target' ground units then examine them cycling the F1 key you will eventually find whatever interests you . I like to 'target' units in the trenches when an artillery barrage is happening, trim my plane to fly lazy circles then F1 to watch the ground action. It's pretty impressive watching ground get heaved into the air after a shell explodes!
Posted By: Waldemar_Kurtz

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 01/13/19 05:42 PM

the easiest way to see them is to fly very low over friendly trenches or army depots. my latest Caudron G4 pilot has been having surprisingly good luck bombing them from altitudes of 5,000 to 7,000 ft. (even though I've been bombing from altitudes like this for a long time in flight sims there's still quite a bit of luck involved. especially since WOFF includes wind)

the other safe method of seeing infantry is to pick weapon view and watch the projectile blow them up at long range. (which is what I've done here)

if you open up the double-page screen shot in a new tab you can actually max the image out to full size. then you can get a look at all of the dead soldiers laying inside of the trench.

Attached picture bombing trenches, infantry firing back.jpg
Attached picture Caudron G4 scores a direct hit on German trenches.jpg

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 01/14/19 11:17 PM

Thanks Kurtz: Never saw them shooting up at me or dead in the trench. I'll give that a try
Posted By: lederhosen

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 01/15/19 03:24 PM

Fly under 900m and they will let you know they are there

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 03/10/19 11:36 PM

Some new things......British 18 pounders one in some damaged trees........Ranault Ambulance........German infantry attacking.......German 77 mm field gun
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached picture ag.jpg
Attached picture aK.jpg
Attached picture ai.jpg
Attached picture al.jpg

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 03/18/19 11:34 PM

Got some good shots of Whippet tanks, British Infantry and Mark IVs attacking and a close up of a destroyed 18 Pounder.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached picture y whittet.jpg
Attached picture y Whippet and Mk IV advancing.jpg
Attached picture y Mark IVs advancing.jpg
Attached picture y british Infantry.jpg
Attached picture y Brit Inf and Mk IV.jpg
Attached picture y 18 pounder.jpg
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 03/19/19 03:42 AM

Great finds Jerbear!
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 03/19/19 07:17 AM

Great shots, jerbear . It is always nice to know and remember we, airmen, do not fight alone.

Re: LITTLE SOLDIER MEN - 03/23/19 04:10 AM

Destroyed German A7V tank and a better shot of the German 77 mm field piece.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached picture y destroyed German tank.jpg
Attached picture y German 77.jpg
© 2024 SimHQ Forums