homepage

Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies?

Posted By: Hellshade

Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/15/17 01:09 AM

6 months in to 2017! Any chance of even a screenshot or updates? Just hoping things are on or close to schedule as I am looking forward to this very much!
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/15/17 11:28 AM

Bump!
Posted By: rtoolooze262

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/15/17 11:43 AM

I'm with Hellshade, really looking forward to this!!!!! Would love to get some more info with screenies!
Posted By: dutch

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/15/17 04:20 PM

Always being curious on that.
Posted By: Pooch

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/15/17 04:48 PM

This is a pretty new project, guys. I doubt if we'll be seeing anything for a while.

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/15/17 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pooch
This is a pretty new project, guys. I doubt if we'll be seeing anything for a while.

Nothing is written in stone so clearly there are no promises on timelines, but the initial announcement of the project by Winding Man mentioned that it would be released in phases, not unlike OFF originally was, and they hoped to release phase 1 by Q3 or Q4 of 2017. Hopefully they are on track for that release but being such a small dev team and the project so large, i would not be surprised if that ambitious target release frame didn't slip a bit. But in the off chance they were anywhere near schedule, I was just hoping for a teaser screenie...even without any info. It's all good if that isn't in the cards at the moment. Just thought I'd ask.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/15/17 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hellshade
Originally Posted by Pooch

Nothing is written in stone so clearly there are no promises on timelines, but the initial announcement of the project by Winding Man mentioned that it would be released in phases, not unlike OFF originally was, and they hoped to release phase 1 by Q3 or Q4 of 2017. Hopefully they are on track for that release but being such a small dev team and the project so large, i would not be surprised if that ambitious target release frame didn't slip a bit. But in the off chance they were anywhere near schedule, I was just hoping for a teaser screenie...even without any info. It's all good if that isn't in the cards at the moment. Just thought I'd ask.

Hellshade, as the saying goes "Nothing ventured, nothing gained!"
Posted By: Hauksbee

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/15/17 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hellshade
6 months in to 2017! Any chance of even a screenshot or updates? Just hoping things are on or close to schedule as I am looking forward to this very much!

Hellshade! RJW! As grizzled Old Timers, haven't we learned by now, "The Dev's don't talk"?

Posted By: Bad0pel

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/16/17 12:17 AM

I remember in the poll there was a surprising number of people voting for the B-17 FF. Now not to get spirits too high, but just imagine WoTR like...

WITH a campaign??? eek2
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/16/17 12:40 AM

Dammit Hellshade, the title page cut off the last part of your topic heading and I thought this was an actual update.

You'll pay for this!
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/16/17 09:06 AM

Thanks Hellshade for prodding wink we are flat out as usual - lots of core changes to various things, such as AI and features needed for WW2 so can't really show that easily.

Some aircraft are not in a fit state yet but maybe we can post some pics soon.
Posted By: Raine

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/16/17 10:26 AM

Pol,

Thanks for the update! Wonderful to hear that things are plugging along. Please know your many supporters will continue to feign patience!
Posted By: sixstrings

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/16/17 03:44 PM

Been into the whole CFS series since the beginning . Looking forward to this release most of all. As good as WOFF gets me stoked. Have 9 installs of CFS3 with all the expansions and some custom ones too. Would love to see a Pacific theater added some time in the future also but Il-2 '46 has this covered in spades in modded form. CFS3 has both PTO-RS and PTO-Solomons to cover this also so i can wait. CFS3-BoB is my favorite expansion by far.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/16/17 05:12 PM

I too was also hoping for a Screenie or two. Alass its not to be.
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/16/17 07:20 PM

Knowing nothing about coding, I would love to see a line or two with an explanation of what that might make the AI do...

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/16/17 10:04 PM

Thanks Pol for giving us a little news, anything is better than nothing. and yes, we will continue to feign patience wink
Posted By: Shredward

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/16/17 10:21 PM

unconvincingly
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/21/17 01:58 AM

Methinks the wait will be worthwhile... I guess it's somewhat fortunate that my WOFF time is pretty much dropping by here to see what's up, so I don't have to feign as hard. But geeze, RL is a crunch... has been for a couple of years now. Trying to build up for retirement. rolleyes

I'm very VERY much looking forward to it, though. I don't care if I don't have a minute to fly it, I'll be a Day 1 purchaser. I know when to grab fine art!
Posted By: JFM

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/21/17 11:51 AM

I check the WOTR website every day. When they post screenshots, I'll see 'em. Anxious for 'em, too.

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/21/17 04:19 PM

I just cant wait. Imagine flying a DiD pilot in each game daily ! Wow.
Posted By: Tuesday

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 06/28/17 02:41 AM

I'd be just as excited for any updates as I would for screenshots!

I'll just have to continue to wait impatiently pilot

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 08/03/17 06:26 AM

Wistful bump
Posted By: MFair

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 08/03/17 01:25 PM

[Linked Image]

Sorry Gents but I could not help myself!
Posted By: Pooch

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 08/03/17 03:43 PM

With the work that this team has done so far, I wouldn't be surprised if their B-17 doesn't look all the diferently from the one on that video. Problem is, it will be a long time before you see Forts, I think. Their decision to start at the beginning of the war and work up to the end means that the B17 is way down the developement line.
I, myself, was a little dissappointed when I heard that they wwere going that route because the title had me thinking that we'd have our "Wings Over The Reich" right from the start.
I'm looking forward to a really well done razorback Thunderbolt.
Posted By: Adger

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 09/19/17 11:23 AM

Shameless bump here Pol biggrin

Any little titbits to show mate? A few screenies maybe..
Looking forward to what you guys are planning and I hope that it's all coming along nicely

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 09/19/17 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Adger

Looking forward to what you guys are planning and I hope that it's all coming along nicely

+1

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 09/19/17 12:32 PM

I hope its coming along nicely too! Really hard to wait for this one. Any crumbs would be cool
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 09/19/17 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Adger

+3

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 09/22/17 09:23 AM

I know it's probably annoying but I'm too excited not to bump this thread.
Posted By: JimBobb

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 09/25/17 03:33 PM

Here is your screenshot gents

[Linked Image]

Sorry, could not help myself biggrin

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 09/25/17 04:37 PM

https://giphy.com/gifs/lady-gaga-gif-WBWsfkNcF4PgA/fullscreen

https://giphy.com/gifs/idk-shrug-shrugging-K6VhXtbgCXqQU/fullscreen

https://giphy.com/gifs/filmeditor-classic-film-christmas-movies-l1IY0BdtnVLhr5p84/fullscreen
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 09/25/17 04:42 PM

biggrin
Posted By: cptroyce

Re: Wings Over the Reich - update or screenies? - 09/26/17 03:37 AM

LOL
© 2024 SimHQ Forums