homepage

WOFF UE good for my so so "rig"-- one Question please

Posted By: CW3SF

WOFF UE good for my so so "rig"-- one Question please - 02/19/17 03:42 PM

All is good to very good with WOFF UE. Faster, better AI in combat, and much more!

Question, some how I lost the view of "up close" of friends and foes. This was good information to see how bad off my squad mates were doing and the enemy as well. Also I could admire the great color and workmanship put in to each plane -- be it friend or foe. If "far off" viewing was not alowed in any challenge I would not use it.

So to the point--- What is the key stroke and "name" of the view that lets me view the plane up close.

Part of my issue ( or could have been ) is I did not save my settings when I installed WOFF from the DVD disk.

To those few who do not know me -- I am a "klutz" with computers and keeping track of any thing complex.

"Th old gezzer"
Posted By: Lausbub78

Re: WOFF UE good for my so so "rig"-- one Question please - 02/19/17 04:03 PM

I'm not 100% sure what you mean,but with the "J" key you can cycle through all the planes in the mission. Left click jumps to the next plane,holding shift and left click lets you rotate the view and right click together with mouse movement zooms in and out. That is if I remember correctly.
Posted By: ARUP

Re: WOFF UE good for my so so "rig"-- one Question please - 02/19/17 04:07 PM

Is it the 'tab' (which is the enemy aircraft) or 'shift tab'(which is the friendly aircraft) key then cycling the 'F1' key' commands that you are referring? That's what I do to look at all of the pretty skins!
Posted By: Polovski

Re: WOFF UE good for my so so "rig"-- one Question please - 02/19/17 04:39 PM

Read the WOFF UE FAQ section 22,

22) *Gameplay* How do I select a View from Target-to-Player?

Bring up your TAC display: 'Shift+T" (toggle)
Notes: (Pressing T also changes target types to narrow a search to only certain object types such as aircraft only to make this a little easier, so press T once).

Now, press 'TAB' to select an enemy Target (or 'Shift-TAB' to select a friendly)
- the 'item' will go yellow in the TAC.

Now cycle/switch the view pressing 'F1' a few times until it says at the top: “Player / Target View.”
Now 'V' will toggle the view between player to target, and target to player.

Pressing "tilde" (~ or ‘ on some keyboards) will padlock this target if you are in the cockpit when you select a target first, remember to press it again to release this view before switching to other views or you may forget you have it on later).

Once you have targeted one craft, if you wish you can remove the TAC and Tab key will still cycle through targets easily whilst in Player Target views.

See section 24 below which explains the Observer View mode, a new experimental free moving camera mode.

Clearer to read in the WOFF UE FAQ.

Other than that I don't know what you mean.
Posted By: CW3SF

Re: WOFF UE good for my so so "rig"-- one Question please - 02/21/17 12:00 AM

Well as most of you might expect after 3 hours of following the advice and then just blind poke and hope
I still can not view a plane "up close" to see who "you"are or what you look like.

I Really Liked doing that! The great workmanship and exact colors true to the real WW1 planes were cool to look at.

A little more help and hand holding please.
Posted By: MFair

Re: WOFF UE good for my so so "rig"-- one Question please - 02/21/17 12:11 AM

If you are referring to "zoom in" and "zoom out" they are the bracket symbols. "[" and "]". Hope that helps.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums