homepage

Way OT - Selfmade Castle Graskull

Posted By: Creaghorn

Way OT - Selfmade Castle Graskull - 12/30/16 07:35 PM

I don't know if any of you can remember the old Masters of the universe from the 80ies. They were never really dead and especially in the last couple years they are becoming bigger and bigger again, with collectors toys (for adults), DC comics with really adult fantastic Game of Thrones-like storylines and deaths and blood etc. There is even a film planned in the near future (which I'm afraid, is going to be a disaster, like the previous ones, but I hope not).
Anyway, since my kids started watching some years ago the old Filmation cartoon (which I dislike, even when I was a kid, it was too childish for my taste.) and the 200x reboot cartoon (which was way better and grown up), I also started to recollect the old vintage toys from my childhood over the time. Especially my son is a huuuughe Masters of the universe fan. I have always found that Castle Grayskull as a toy was way too small compared to the figures. Rather a worhshop or shed than a castle. So I decided to build one by myself which is apropriate for the size of the figures. I have made only the frontside and part of the inner hall. All the rooms and chambers and dungeons etc., they have to play themselves. The teeth on the crown and the skull on the crest at the door are glowing in the night. Also I made the little spaces between the rocks and bricks glow. Since it was not possible to make an apropriate pic to show it, I helped a bit with photoshop, for you to see how it sort of looks like in the dark.
Here it is. Maybe some of you remember the old and mighty Castle Grayskull :-):

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: Way OT - Selfmade Castle Graskull - 12/30/16 07:44 PM

By the Power of Grayskull!

Well done, Creaghorn, a Castle Grayskull worthy of its name.

Posted By: Lausbub78

Re: Way OT - Selfmade Castle Graskull - 12/30/16 07:49 PM

Thats excellent work! I had some of those figures too when I was a child. In my Teens I shot most of them to pieces with an airgun. Today I could slap myself for doing that.
Posted By: Mr_Dirt

Re: Way OT - Selfmade Castle Graskull - 12/30/16 08:41 PM

Very nice Creaghorn, my son had everyone of those during the 80's. When my Daughter was born in 86 she brought him home Skeletor's castle so he would like her. your Castle is much nicer than the original, like you said it needed to be much larger. Very nice work!
Posted By: CatKnight

Re: Way OT - Selfmade Castle Graskull - 01/03/17 02:56 AM

So, when will that show up in WOFF? smile
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: Way OT - Selfmade Castle Graskull - 01/03/17 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: CatKnight
So, when will that show up in WOFF? smile

Don't tell anyone, but it's already there:

Posted By: Creaghorn

Re: Way OT - Selfmade Castle Graskull - 01/03/17 08:44 AM

Thanks guys thumbsup

@Lausbub: This is what I did with those Starwars figures unfortunately duckhunter

@Mr_Dirt That was a good trick. I still have Snake Mountain (his fortress), but pretty much broken. The Wolfmicrophone is still working though.

@Fullofit

Seeing a Fokker Flying out of Grayskull (for those who don't know, Grayskull is the fortress of the good guys), means that Germany is not on the dark side after all biggrin
© 2024 SimHQ Forums