homepage

Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE.

Posted By: DukeIronHand

Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/13/16 10:32 AM

Except for some minor mod testing I really have not touched WOFF in two or three months. Certainly not in the career mode which is the only mode I play. New patch comes out I install, fire up WOFF to make sure it's working, and log off.
Deleted all my old careers and am waiting. Check here once a day to see if the magic has been released. So yes I am not dead...yet.

Just a personal quirk of mine (not the Be2 type!) but I am so self-geeked for WOFF UE that, maybe, I don't want to have partial careers from the "old days" and the (stupid) thought that the version I am playing is not the...Ultimate Edition!

This personal weirdness is certainly no ones fault but my own but, with that said, I hope the beta testing precedes well and quickly. PayPal is on stand-by.
Posted By: Olham

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/13/16 10:48 AM

"FINGERNAILS FOR SALE! FRESH FINGERNAILS! BEST CHEWING QUALITY!" smash

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/13/16 11:37 AM

Yes indeed sir!
Only if you have my fingernail size in stock though.
Posted By: JimBobb

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/13/16 11:38 AM

2 weeks be sure

Posted By: jeanba

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/13/16 12:13 PM

I am also waiting for WoFF : UE
I had and still have OFF1, but I'd like to go further
Posted By: Sandbagger

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/13/16 04:05 PM

Have patience guys - beta testing has been going on for a few weeks now and much has been learned- trust me it will be well worth the wait yep

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/13/16 05:13 PM

Oh, I trust you guys and am certainly willing to wait until everything is ready.
Oddly its the anticipation of greatness that makes me want to, and willing, to wait.
Do it right gentlemen!
Posted By: SteveW

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/14/16 03:06 AM

Patience and trust, that we've got boatloads off, and our payment system on stand-by. jeanba, if you're using OFF1, man it's going to be like going from the baby pool to the high dive, , , hang on!
Posted By: lederhosen

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/14/16 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Sandbagger
Have patience guys - beta testing has been going on for a few weeks now and much has been learned- trust me it will be well worth the wait yep

What about making everyone a beta tester then its quicker!!!
Posted By: lederhosen

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/14/16 05:15 PM

wonder if they catch my trick hee hee

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/14/16 07:11 PM

Very subtle sir!
Posted By: carrick58

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/14/16 11:15 PM

thumbsup

Same here cant wait for UE. However, In order to get ready. I am thinking of upgrading my processor. Any suggestions as to whats compatible with a M-4888T motherboard AMD sockets currently running a 960 Black box edition ? 650 Watts power and a budget Graphics Card. Thanks. popcorn
Posted By: dutch

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/15/16 07:39 AM

M-4888t that is an ASUS, Gigabyte, Asrock????
Posted By: Bronnx

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/15/16 07:09 PM

Should we hope for WoFF UE, this year??

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/15/16 07:30 PM

yep

2 Weeks
Posted By: kksnowbear

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/15/16 07:41 PM

carrick

https://www.asus.com/search/results.aspx?SearchKey=M4A88T

If you mean the Asus MA448T motherboard, there are actually several variants of that board. Still, they all appear to support the same CPUs: AMD AM3 types, which unfortunately max out right around the level of the (^)BE CPU you already have. If it's one of the smaller 'micro ATX' variants of that board, you're limited even further to only the 95 watt versions of the AM3 CPUs because the smaller mATX boards lack the power components needed to deal with the 125W CPUs.

I would honestly imagine that any CPU you could run on that board isn't going to change your max performance much, if at all, beyond what your current 960BE can do.

Strictly my opinion, of course. Sorry it's not better news.

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/15/16 07:45 PM

wave

Fellow WOFFer's its a M4A88T-M/USB3 by ASUS It has a core unlocker for power boost, But I dont know how to unlock it or if it would be any good for WOFFING. It reads AMD socket for AM3 I am currently using a AMD Phenom II Black,965, edition X4 core with 8.0 MB cache. Maybe just Overclocking might work ? if I knew how ! On the other hand I could just start building another system albeit a little at a time.

Thanks for your help and sorry if I am a Pain. reading

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/15/16 08:05 PM

No problem, not at all a pain.

Yes, you can probably overclock that CPU on that board. Those 965BEs are *very* good overclockers (I have two, and also a 960, all overclocked). Best bet onlearning how is to search around for online references - a lot of people have likely already done (and documented) what you're considering.

You might get another 5-10% performance wise from your setup, as a guess. How much that actually helps with WOFF...well, it can't hurt, even if it doesn't help much. Fairly easy (and perhaps no cost) to try. Just watch the CPU temps and use a good burn-in utility to make sure the overclock is stable (I recommend Prime95 myself).

If you want more than say maybe 5-10% (and that's max overall performance, not necessarily 10% increase in frame rates) then you should really consider a system upgrade. If you don't mind 2nd-hand parts, there are some very good 2nd-gen Core i5/i7 components out there for cheap smile

Good luck.

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/15/16 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Bronnx
Should we hope for WoFF UE, this year??

Boy I hope so!
Otherwise I may fire up a career or something. I take "being in beta" as sooner rather then latter.

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 02:24 AM

wave
KKSNOWBEAR:

Thanks for the information. Will try the Overclock 1st then look for 2nd Gen core products I 7 would be nice,but probably need Moma Board and everything compatible. I was wondering if an I5 processor is the same as the AMD 965 ? although Intell has a lot of Nice Graphics Card , Bangs for the Buck,, AMD seems to be less so these days

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 03:40 AM

Yes, if you decided to try an i7 (or i5, or any other Intel CPU) then you'd definitely have to change your motherboard.

It is also possible you'd have to replace RAM. Although your current Asus AMD board and the Intel 2nd-gen core i5/i7 boards generally all use the same 1.5v DDR3 modules, you're often best off to use memory that is known to work well on any given board (all the big manufacturers nowadays publish lists of memory that their boards are tested/proven to work with, for this purpose).

And finally, even though those AMD 965BE's are great CPUs for the money, a good 2nd gen Core i5/i7 would run the pants off it smile See the links below:

Tom's CPU Hierarchy puts the 2nd-gen Core i5 2500k at two levels above the AMD 965BE: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-hierarchy,4312.html

And at CPU Boss, a Core i5 2500k rates 8.2, compared to 5.1 for the AMD 965BE: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-2500K-vs-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965

This isn't at all to say the 965BE isn't a great CPU of itself; it's just not in the same class as the (outstanding) 2nd-gen Core CPUs (i5 or i7). The 965BE compares more to the 'first gen' Core series Intel chips (like a Core i7 930, or even the older still Core2 Quad (like a Q9650).

So, while the 2nd-gen Core CPUs aren't today's latest and greatest by any stretch, you can find setups using these fantastic CPUs and save a ton of $ while picking up a system that is plenty powerful, very upgradable and highly overclock capable.

I actually have several of the AMD PhenomII 965-class CPUs in running systems currently, one is my wife's desktop and a different one I'm building her a new desktop with. I also have recently had a few different Core i5/i7 systems in my shop, so I've done measurements/testing on both types of setups and various graphics cards. Based on all this, I would say that the 2nd-gen Core i5/i7 are around 35-40% faster than the 965BE, in terms of CPU performance. I will gladly share my documentation with you, if you'd like.

I hope this helps.
Posted By: OldHat

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 05:12 AM

Good advice kksnowbear.

I had a thread where I compared my PC upgrade and WOFF performance boost. Speaking strictly of WOFF, I noticed small performance boosts upgrading my 680 to 780 and then a 980, while I saw a massive improvement upgrading from a sandybridge to a skylake. Could be due to better motherboard/RAM/CPU combo or even drivers as well.

Although in games like a heavily modded skyrim, there was a nice boost when I upgraded to a 980. I know some games are GPU dependent and others are CPU dependent. But it was very obvious in the case of WOFF.
Posted By: dutch

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By: kksnowbear
Yes, if you decided to try an i7 (or i5, or any other Intel CPU) then you'd definitely have to change your motherboard.

It is also possible you'd have to replace RAM. Although your current Asus AMD board and the Intel 2nd-gen core i5/i7 boards generally all use the same 1.5v DDR3 modules, you're often best off to use memory that is known to work well on any given board (all the big manufacturers nowadays publish lists of memory that their boards are tested/proven to work with, for this purpose).

And finally, even though those AMD 965BE's are great CPUs for the money, a good 2nd gen Core i5/i7 would run the pants off it smile See the links below:

Tom's CPU Hierarchy puts the 2nd-gen Core i5 2500k at two levels above the AMD 965BE: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-hierarchy,4312.html

And at CPU Boss, a Core i5 2500k rates 8.2, compared to 5.1 for the AMD 965BE: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-2500K-vs-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965

This isn't at all to say the 965BE isn't a great CPU of itself; it's just not in the same class as the (outstanding) 2nd-gen Core CPUs (i5 or i7). The 965BE compares more to the 'first gen' Core series Intel chips (like a Core i7 930, or even the older still Core2 Quad (like a Q9650).

So, while the 2nd-gen Core CPUs aren't today's latest and greatest by any stretch, you can find setups using these fantastic CPUs and save a ton of $ while picking up a system that is plenty powerful, very upgradable and highly overclock capable.

I actually have several of the AMD PhenomII 965-class CPUs in running systems currently, one is my wife's desktop and a different one I'm building her a new desktop with. I also have recently had a few different Core i5/i7 systems in my shop, so I've done measurements/testing on both types of setups and various graphics cards. Based on all this, I would say that the 2nd-gen Core i5/i7 are around 35-40% faster than the 965BE, in terms of CPU performance. I will gladly share my documentation with you, if you'd like.

I hope this helps.

When it becomes to selecting a CPU for WoFF, all those overall rankings do not count here for this game, only the single core performance is the key factor!

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: dutch
When it becomes to selecting a CPU for WoFF, all those overall rankings do not count here for this game, only the single core performance is the key factor!

Yes, dutch you are correct; it's widely accepted that single-core performance matters most in WOFF.

If you look at the CPU Boss website link I posted above, you'll notice one of the tests is actually a PassMark benchmark for single-core performance...where the Core i5 2500k rated about 37% higher than the AMD Phenom IIx4 965 Black Edition smile

As I said, those 965BE's are great CPUs (and very good overclockers) for their cost and class...but they're just not in the same class as the 2nd-gen Core series CPUs at all. They compete more closely with the first gen Core series.

S!

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: OldHat
Good advice kksnowbear.

I had a thread where I compared my PC upgrade and WOFF performance boost. Speaking strictly of WOFF, I noticed small performance boosts upgrading my 680 to 780 and then a 980, while I saw a massive improvement upgrading from a sandybridge to a skylake. Could be due to better motherboard/RAM/CPU combo or even drivers as well.

Although in games like a heavily modded skyrim, there was a nice boost when I upgraded to a 980. I know some games are GPU dependent and others are CPU dependent. But it was very obvious in the case of WOFF.

Yessir. I've even done some testing (just for academic value) where I *grossly* mismatched GPU setups with CPUs, just to see the difference. I've seen first-hand where a cheap, low-end Core2 Duo CPU took a beautiful graphics setup - two GTX570s in SLI - and caused the overall performance of the graphics setup to drop by 50%.

So not only can games be more/less CPU or GPU heavy just as you've observed, but the nature of the equation is such that, in the extreme, a "mismatch" can actually hurt the ratio of "performance-to-cost". Having said that, I suspect many/most of us play more than one game, so striking that balance becomes important, like your Skyrim experience with the GTX980.

*lol* If you could afford time/space/money to keep up with a separate rig for each game, that's another way to go, too... biggrin biggrin biggrin
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: kksnowbear
I suspect many/most of us play more than one game, so striking that balance becomes important, like your Skyrim experience with the GTX980.

Ah, yes. That reminds me that the PC remaster of Skyrim is due out soon. I've played some Elder Scrolls Online and it's good for what it is, but it still doesn't replace Skyrim for me. Between the new Pascal based Nvidia GPUs, WOFF UE and Skyrim Special Edition (Remastered) 2016 is turning out to be a great year for gaming, IMHO.
Posted By: Parachuteprone

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 03:25 PM

Waiting for UE is really killing me as I can't play at all.
I don't have WOFF yet but don't want to order all the 1,2,3 bundles with UE on the way.
Posted By: Shredward

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 04:46 PM

Patience Grasshopper
twoweeks

Cheers
Shredward
CT
Posted By: Sandbagger

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 05:27 PM

Patience is a errr - bird in the bush which errr - has a silver lining and errr - haste less speed errr - many hands make errr - errr - ummmm,

two weeks !!
Posted By: Parachuteprone

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 05:29 PM

Well - If its just 2 weeks smile
Posted By: CaptSopwith

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Shredward
Patience Grasshopper
twoweeks

Cheers
Shredward
CT

I think I see what you did there Shred... winkngrin

Either that or it's just wishful thinking!

Cheers! cheers
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 06:44 PM

lol... It only seems 5 mins since we got WoFF 3
Posted By: Shredward

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 06:49 PM

Salut Trooper!
I see you understand the WoFF time/space continuum
Cheers,
shredward
Perhaps Lou will repost it for those who do not
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/16/16 07:25 PM

Ha!... I have been called a 4-dimensional object before rofl

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/17/16 12:14 AM

Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/17/16 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Shredward
Salut Trooper!
I see you understand the WoFF time/space continuum
Cheers,
shredward
Perhaps Lou will repost it for those who do not

My pleasure Shredward:

A long-term study recently completed by the University of Research Nonessentials and Urbane Thought Sciences has at last uncovered the source of misunderstandings surrounding the OFF/WOFF use of the term, “two weeks”. Due to the fact that most civilized industrial societies around the world use the Gregorian calendar, which is divided into 52 seven-day weeks, the practical assumption made by those outside of the OFF/WOFF development group is that two weeks equals fourteen days. But this assumption is utterly incorrect.

Intensive research into the matter has unearthed evidence showing that members of the OFF/WOFF development group, or ‘WOFFites’ as they refer to themselves, use a calendar radically different from that noted above and one based entirely upon their own labor-to-rest time ratio reality. Given the standardized WOFFite work schedule of 272 days on followed by one day of relaxation, the WOFForian calendar week actually equates to 39 weeks on the Gregorian calendar. Herein lays the root of the misunderstanding. When a WOFFite indicates that something will be done in two weeks he is not in error but is simply making his statement based on the time frame in which he lives. For those outside WOFFite society however it appears the person making such a statement is a bold faced liar, or delusional, or trying to pull something. He is not. The WOFFite honestly means two weeks, but two WOFForian weeks which, unfortunately for the rest of us, equates to 546 days or 78 weeks on the Gregorian calendar.

For a complete transcript of the study, “Time Reference Disparities between WOFFite and Real World Societies”, contact Dr. Benjamin Whaddajahoo, Professor of Thinkology, Room 42, Arcane Building, University of Research Nonessentials and Urbane Thought Sciences, Pleasantville, Minnesota.

Posted By: AROTH

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/17/16 02:11 AM

That is by far, the best explanation of the entire situation.......... bananadance
Posted By: Mr_Dirt

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/17/16 12:21 PM

Thanks Lou now I now more than I should about time study. It seems I must waste a lot of it.

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/18/16 12:20 AM

Two weeks from everywhere!!!
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/18/16 12:42 AM

I sense that, like me, you are endowed with the gift of gab.

Re: Waiting (im)patiently for WOFF UE. - 10/18/16 12:54 AM

Two weeks from everywhere, take two! Endowed or cursed?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums