homepage

WOFF soundtrack

Posted By: zifnow

WOFF soundtrack - 10/10/16 08:16 AM

Guys, everytime I launch the sim, I start doing things very slowly just to listen at the music as long as I can. That's something worth an Oscar.

It sounds both epic and romantic. It gives me the idea of both the epic saga and human tragedy the air war was for those human beings.

Really, a masterpiece.
Posted By: Olham

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/10/16 10:21 AM

Welcome to the club, zifnow!
There are only very few game or sim soundtracks, which had a deeper impact on me,
but the soundtracks for OFF and WOFF beat them all by many airmiles.
It adds so much to the sim; it actually rounds the whole immersion up; makes it complete.
Posted By: HarryH

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/10/16 04:05 PM

Nicely said Zifnow
Posted By: SteveW

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/10/16 09:08 PM

Interesting, I've been OFF/WOFFing since 2010 and its been quite some time since I had listened to the soundtrack. Just a couple of days ago I was doing some planning for some future squadron placement and while I was perusing all those wonderful WOFF options I clicked the music on. . . . Man, bad on me, mate! I had forgotten how perfect it is. Beautiful work, fits so well in the WOFF environment. Matt Milne, genius!
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/10/16 09:27 PM

It is timely that it was in fact a year ago to the day that Matt was presented the Wammy for his beautiful scoring:

The WOFF Acadamy of Recording Arts and Sciences presents ...

And so very well deserved it is too.

Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/10/16 09:33 PM

I am hoping in WOFF-UE that the music will simply play without interruption while changing menus (e.g. hitting 'campaign' button won't stop the current song and start another as it does now)

... and maybe even having the music pick-up where it left off (fade in?) after a break so we get more chance to hear the later parts of the musical pieces.
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/11/16 06:00 AM

Originally Posted By: 77_Scout

... and maybe even having the music pick-up where it left off (fade in?) after a break so we get more chance to hear the later parts of the musical pieces.

If you want to enjoy Matt's scores, you can find and freely listen to them here:
Code:
../OBDSoftware/WOFF/OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields/campaigns/CampaignData/ShellMusic/MenuMusicxx.wav
Posted By: matmilne

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/12/16 03:12 PM

ta guys, it remains the best and most fun project I've scored, in 12 years in the entertainment industry. At around 3 hours, one of the largest produced for any title too. I only wish to be asked to score more epic games like it.
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/12/16 03:15 PM

No no, thank you Matt. And we wish you could score more sims as well, we'd all love to hear new works from you.

Posted By: CaptSopwith

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/16/16 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: matmilne
ta guys, it remains the best and most fun project I've scored, in 12 years in the entertainment industry. At around 3 hours, one of the largest produced for any title too. I only wish to be asked to score more epic games like it.

Mat - this is hands down, one of the absolute best soundtracks I've ever heard. I'm a huge soundtrack buff and I often work to the soundtracks like Medal of Honor, which was scored by Michael Giachinno way back for the PlayStation in 1999. But when I'm working on my dissertation, I make remarkable time when I'm writing to your WOFF Soundtrack. I'm not sure what the official track name is, but MissionDebriefMusicAllies2 has netted me a fair chunk of page count over the last several months!

Cheers! cheers
Posted By: Olham

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/17/16 11:09 AM

I wished for you and other composers, Matt, that makers of games & sims realised more, how much the music
can add to the "appearance" of the whole project; with how much emotion the score "spices the soup"!

The good music of the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - "Shadow of Cernobyl" - made the difference IMHO
between a good game (2nd and 3rd parts), and a GREAT game with the full rich environment.
(For the second part, composer MooseE wanted some more money, and the makers decided
to ask someone else. Bad mistake IMHO.)

I never switched the music off, like I sometimes do in other games.
It was for me like the first picture and music in "2001 - A Space Odyssee" - I would never watch that film
without watching it with the first scene with that famous line-up of earth, moon and the sun,
made so overwhelming by Strauss' overture for "Also sprach Zarathustra". What an impact!

The music score for "Over Flanders Fields" will remain planted in my musical memory for the rest of my life.

It was always the opener for my simming sessions; it got me immersed into this world immediately, like a time machine.
And I'm choosy with music...

yep tuner
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/17/16 12:57 PM

Nicely put, Olham!
Posted By: Hasse

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/17/16 01:02 PM

I agree wholeheartedly that WOFF has excellent music. Sometimes I just stare at the menu screens and listen the track play. It would also work perfectly in a miniseries depicting the Great War in the air. Could we get somebody at HBO interested in WOFF? smile
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/17/16 01:34 PM

Best music track of any simulator or game I have ever played. Matt's work is simply brilliant and we are doubly lucky to have 3 hours worth of it for us to enjoy.
Posted By: CaptSopwith

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/17/16 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Hellshade
Best music track of any simulator or game I have ever played. Matt's work is simply brilliant and we are doubly lucky to have 3 hours worth of it for us to enjoy.

Hear! Hear! I couldn't agree more, my friend!

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/19/16 12:51 AM

ta for the kind words. Here's something I recently collaborated on : The Sound Of Silence set to the Iron man trailers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmESC7M17LM. I remixed the music; adding choir, bells and reinforcing the percussion and strings. SilentMarvel mixed the trailer, and married the footage to the music. It was fun.

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/19/16 01:53 AM

Mat, that is a great rendition Sir. Powerful!
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/20/16 01:17 AM

Now you gotta be careful - "Sound of Silence" remains one of my all-time favorites, one of those songs you feel as much as hear. And the delicate vocals of the young Paul Simon and Arty Garfunkel are deeply embedded in the sad and conflicted young man that I was (not angsty- I was dealing with some bad family stuff in those years). It mirrored the hopeless frustration of watching lives and relationships go down in flames for no good reason.

But Matt, you pulled it off! It works with that trailer really well, and as a standalone too! Congrats.

(I'm also one who lets the music play through in WOFF. Beautiful score, sets the tone for the sim perfectly.)

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 10/22/16 02:07 AM

heh. You know, i've found that sometimes you get burned doing things, but i'd rather run the risk of being singed on an adventure, than drowning in blandness.
I've always looked for projects that were interesting or different, not because they were safe bets, but because of the exciting challenge they offered and the impact they could have on the future.
Posted By: SignorMagnifico

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 03/23/17 04:31 AM

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I have an odd question/request/favor for the soundtrack to this game.

First of all, congratulations to Matt Milne on creating a masterpiece. I don't know of any video game that has over three hours worth of music, and the soundtrack for this game is of the highest caliber.

However, I was wondering if it was possible to download the soundtrack. Now, mind you, I am aware that the entire soundtrack is in the game's folder. I have been able to retrieve all of the tracks and listen to them at my leisure, but what I'd most appreciate is knowing the titles/track numbers to each of these songs instead of the generic "MenuMusic#." I did locate a few titles on Matt Milne's Soundcloud account, which can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/matt-milne-8. Although, I was only able to match two tracks from there to tracks in the game.

If anyone could assist me with this matter, I'd be much obliged.

Regards,
A Fellow WW1 flier since Phase 1 and owner of WOFFv2,v3,UE.

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 03/23/17 01:32 PM

SignorMagnifico;

The quickest solution would be to send a PM to Matt Milne and he can answer directly.

Best Regards;

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 03/24/17 01:29 AM

Thanks for the advice! I'll do that.
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 03/24/17 01:49 AM

SignorMagnifico, welcome to the forums!

I wish I could help. Well, maybe I can a little. On the WOFFUE products page is a link to free extra tracks, I'll try pasting it: MAtt Milne's extra tracks for WOFFUE.

But like Robert says, Matt Milne is around here and you can PM him. That music really sets the mood, eh?

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 04/05/17 12:21 AM

Thanks for the help! Matt replied to my PM and sent me a list of the track names. Also, he definitely did a great job of setting the mood for a WWI sim!

Re: WOFF soundtrack - 04/09/17 10:38 PM

lol, glad to help whoever I can; especially since you asked so nicely.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums