homepage

Can OFF be flown on Windows 10?

Posted By: Hauksbee

Can OFF be flown on Windows 10? - 08/29/16 12:05 AM

Last week I wanted to renew my acquaintance with good ol' P3 OFF. I put the disc in and it wanted the CFS3 disc. (Ooesn't OFF/WOFF already have those files onboard? 'Guess not) The I discovered that I'd lost CFS3, so I bought a new one. (Just found the old one today) I followed the install steps (it resisted me) and finally got it done. 'Seems OFF overwrote WOFF 1 & 2. The icon's gone from the desktop, and the Control Panel list. I signed up two new pilots, then discovered that 20% of that page was off the bottom of the screen. 'Couldn't get away from that page. Did a CTRL_ALT_DEL and it said "No applications are running at the moment". (Oh yeah?) Shut down the computer, right-clicked on the OFF desktop icon and chose "Run As Administrator". Booted up and finally got to OFF Manager. Got a SPAD out and two DFW's and clicked "Go To Field". I can hear ground crew talking and engines starting, but no video. Just the OFF Manager page. I sat and waited for 10-15 minutes, figuring that it would shake itself loose,but no go. Anyone else tried to fly OFF on Windows 10?
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: Can OFF be flown on Windows 10? - 08/29/16 12:16 AM

Windows 10, what's that ??? biggrin
Posted By: gaw1

Re: Can OFF be flown on Windows 10? - 08/29/16 10:59 AM

Hauk....haven't tried going back to OFF. But as you've probably seen, Win 10 throws up a few oddities for WOFF that I certainly never had back in Win 7/OFF days.
Posted By: rockmedic109

Re: Can OFF be flown on Windows 10? - 08/29/16 01:58 PM

I don't know. I think I read in the patch notes that WOFF 1.0 had problems with Win10 that was fixed in 1.27. If that is the case then I would assume that OFF would have problems with Windows 10.
Posted By: Andy73

Re: Can OFF be flown on Windows 10? - 08/29/16 02:00 PM

OFF Phase 3 runs perfectly under Windows 10. Installed it Months ago and I never had any Problems. Ankor's Shader Mod also works fine with it and gives OFF Up-to-Date Graphics biggrin

Please install OFF into a different Folder, NOT into your WOFF-Installation, for Example call your Folder "OFF Phase 3" and install the Game to this Folder.
For Example: D:/Games/OFF Phase3

OFF doesn't overwrite anything from WOFF. Both Games can Co-exist on your Hard-Drive.

winkngrin
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Can OFF be flown on Windows 10? - 08/29/16 04:16 PM

You can't install an old game into the same folder as the new game's just a bad idea all round. Nuke it. totally, including any registry settings then reinstall I'd say.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums