homepage

An observation,...

Posted By: ArisFuser

An observation,... - 09/03/15 07:20 PM

Specially on historically good squadrons, non HE pilots, doesnt matter the rank or the skill, get completely unrealistic victory achievements, something like 5 sorties 7 victories and so on,...Have you guys noticed this? Is this fixable?

Posted By: MudWasp

Re: An observation,... - 09/03/15 07:39 PM

I get a kick out of Aviatik BI and BII pilots having victories. They must have rammed any enemy plane out of the sky since they have no guns. winkngrin
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: An observation,... - 09/03/15 07:51 PM

Aris, I have noticed this on numerous occasions and have questioned it as well. Just seems out of whack.

MudWasp, good point about the unarmed B/R kites. Maybe they went the 'Flyboys' route and took out their opponents with a revolver - repeatedly. winkngrin

Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: An observation,... - 09/03/15 08:35 PM

Yes it would be very nice if (elite level) new pilots, coming to an elite squadron, would start at 0 kills and missions for the MOST part.
Maybe (about 10%) arriving with kills/missions simulating a transfer from another squadron/jasta.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: An observation,... - 09/03/15 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Yes it would be very nice if (elite level) new pilots, coming to an elite squadron, would start at 0 kills and missions for the MOST part.
Maybe (about 10%) arriving with kills/missions simulating a transfer from another squadron/jasta.

Hi Duke, you have been conspicuous by your absence, considering you have always been a profuse publisher. Welcome back!

Re: An observation,... - 09/03/15 11:57 PM

Well thank you but I check in here multiple times a day.
Not always talking much though.
Just playing away with this and E:D which I just picked up.
WOFF is my first love but I have voiced my few concerns with it (like the above), plus my great fondness ad nauseum, so I didn't want too...
deadhorse

Just waiting patiently to throw some more money at OBD!
Posted By: Banjoman

Re: An observation,... - 09/04/15 02:31 AM

What pray tell is E:D?
Posted By: Wodin

Re: An observation,... - 09/04/15 05:35 AM

Yeah I had a pilot who had flown 1 mission had 4 confirmed kills and 3 claims!

Re: An observation,... - 09/04/15 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Banjoman

Elite:Dangerous.
It's is a "remake" of a game I used to play on my C-64 back in 1985. It's well done if your into space games.
Posted By: corsaire31

Re: An observation,... - 09/04/15 12:08 PM

Elite:Dangerous.
It's is a "remake" of a game I used to play on my C-64 back in 1985. It's well done if your into space games.

Also played the original on my C64 and playing the new one as well... beautiful ! Had to hang around Lave station with my A grade Cobra Mk III - 2 beam lasers + 2 cannons for big game.
Posted By: Creaghorn

Re: An observation,... - 09/04/15 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: ArisFuser
Specially on historically good squadrons, non HE pilots, doesnt matter the rank or the skill, get completely unrealistic victory achievements, something like 5 sorties 7 victories and so on,...Have you guys noticed this? Is this fixable?

It's not fixable by yourself. It is known to the devs though, but I don't know how high or low that is on the to-do list.

Best, think of it as hours since they entered your squadron. The 50, 100, 300+ whatever hours they would realistically have, with being in flightschool and other sqadrons etc., have not been carried over.
Posted By: Banjoman

Re: An observation,... - 09/04/15 02:40 PM

Duke, I also played the old Elite. Does this new version have a single player campaign or is it multi-player only?
Posted By: Rugbyfan1972

Re: An observation,... - 09/04/15 04:05 PM

Duke, I also played the old Elite. Does this new version have a single player campaign or is it multi-player only?

Banjoman,

Elite Dangerous has 3 options:

Multiplayer - you interact with all other players that are playing multiplayer (as well as NPC ships)
Private Group - you join a private group that cannot interact with other human players other than those in the group and also the NPC ships.
Solo - effectively single player, you can only interact with the NPC ships.

All 3 option require an active internet connection.

Elite Dangerous website
https://www.elitedangerous.com
Elite Dangerous forum
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=29

I have been playing this since the Beta stage (May 2014) and am enjoying it immensely.

Re: An observation,... - 09/04/15 04:55 PM

Beaten to the punch!
As above BJM.
If you liked the old you will certainly like the new.
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: An observation,... - 09/04/15 04:58 PM

Beaten to the punch!
As above BJM.
If you liked the old you will certainly like the new.

If only I had the time!
Posted By: Wodin

Re: An observation,... - 09/05/15 11:00 AM

I had Elite on my (Dads really) BBC B 32K in about '84. Played it for a year and half nearly everyday. Then my save game tape got chewed up..can you imagine the frustration of that!! Elite is still prob my all time fav game I've played as it was the first one that really immersed me and made me a gamer for life. hat they could do back then with so little computing power is amazing. If developers could do similar now games would be even better.

Re: An observation,... - 09/05/15 01:05 PM

The game is still in development and new features are added regularly. The next one coming which I look forward to is planetary landings and exploration and is called "Horizons".

I am a member of the Moebius group where the rule is no shooting at other human driven ships except in combat zones.
Posted By: Olham

Re: An observation,... - 09/05/15 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: corsaire31

I am a member of the Moebius group were the rule is no shooting at other human driven ships except in combat zones.

Is your group named after Moebius, the comic designer?

Re: An observation,... - 09/06/15 12:14 AM

It would be nice, I love Moebius drawings. It's only the nickname of the guy who started the group. I think we are over 11.000 members now and have our own website : http://elitepve.com/

Edit : in fact I just checked the guy's name and it's written Mobius, might be something else then...
© 2024 SimHQ Forums