homepage

WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs

Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 09:02 PM

WolfStriked posted a desire for improved side slip and slip turn. I created a mod some time ago for specific aircraft that provides this.

The mod below includes a "Readme" file that explains the details.

It is available for anyone interested in trying it out and it is JSGME ready and auto installs to your WOFF Mods folder.

WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs by Robert Wiggins
Posted By: Wolfstriked

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 09:05 PM

Of course I will give it a try,thanks Robert.Must say this modding of WOFF is really taking off lately.To me its a sign of a great game/sim etc.

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 09:06 PM

Quick question,its only on certain planes that have no yaw at full lock,correct?

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Wolfstriked
Quick question,its only on certain planes that have no yaw at full lock,correct?

download, unzip and read the "readme" file it explains which craft etc...

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 09:21 PM

WOW,this removes my pet peeve of the WOFF FM.Just had a great fight with the DIII and it behaved exactly like I thought it should.How did I not try this before?Really,thanks again Robert,you guys are top notch here. salute
Posted By: MudWasp

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 09:30 PM

My shots hit percentage took a real nose dive with 2.06

I'm still mod free....worried about breaking something...WOFF hasn't required a reinstall for quite some time.
If it breaks I may try some mods after a reinstall.

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: MudWasp
My shots hit percentage took a real nose dive with 2.06

I'm still mod free....worried about breaking something...WOFF hasn't required a reinstall for quite some time.
If it breaks I may try some mods after a reinstall.

Mudder, I feel your caution, but if you stay with only JSGME mods you would be safe since they are easy to install and back out leaving a clean base.

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 09:42 PM

WOW,this removes my pet peeve of the WOFF FM.Just had a great fight with the DIII and it behaved exactly like I thought it should.How did I not try this before?Really,thanks again Robert,you guys are top notch here. salute

Glad I could be of help thumbsup
Posted By: MudWasp

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 09:45 PM

True, but last time I used the JGSME on WOFF....I totaly porked up my WOFF install.
Obviously I didn't do one or more things correctly.

At that time I also has OFF installed and worked the JGSME with it trouble free.

One of these days I'll feel ballsy and try it again....note to self...no beers that day! rofl

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 10:18 PM

Mudwasp,I hear yaa on being afraid to pork the install.Happened to me once or twice but I think it was from installing WOFF updates over mods.Just now I installed Oldhat's mod and am having some issues.

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 10:26 PM

Mudwasp,I hear yaa on being afraid to pork the install.Happened to me once or twice but I think it was from installing WOFF updates over mods.Just now I installed Oldhat's mod and am having some issues.

Wolfstriked, thumbsup Rule: Never install a WOFF update while mods are in place!!

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/09/15 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: MudWasp
True, but last time I used the JGSME on WOFF....I totaly porked up my WOFF install.
Obviously I didn't do one or more things correctly.

At that time I also has OFF installed and worked the JGSME with it trouble free.

One of these days I'll feel ballsy and try it again....note to self...no beers that day! rofl

Mudwasp, before you install any mods, do yourself a favor and download the JSGME Mod Enabler from the following link because it was designed specifically to work with WOFF and will create the "MODS" folder in the proper location. Here is the link to it. It resides on the official WOFF site under the "User Mods" section:

JSGME Mod Enabler specifically designed for WOFF

You can feel safe in running this as it does not install into any of the actual WOFF working directories. It creates a "MODS" folder directory under the "WOFF" folder.
Posted By: loftyc

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/10/15 09:56 PM

Robert, oldhat noted that when changing DM or FM files, that you need to delete the .xdp and .bdp files in the aircraft folders. Do you need to do that for this mod?

Re: WOFF V2_05 MODed FMs - 08/10/15 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: loftyc
Robert, oldhat noted that when changing DM or FM files, that you need to delete the .xdp and .bdp files in the aircraft folders. Do you need to do that for this mod?

Have no fear, I am well aware of that and my mod only contains the ".xfm" file, so you are clean to go!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums