homepage

OT: outstanding movie

Posted By: Cavaliere57

OT: outstanding movie - 07/12/15 09:27 PM

"The eternal Zero" it's called...have a look if you can find it! wave2

Posted By: Rugbyfan1972

Re: OT: outstanding movie - 07/13/15 06:40 PM

Cavaliere57,

I have found it on Amazon, it is being released as "The Fighter Pilot" on 9th November, Japanese language with English subtitles

(Link below)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fighter-Pilot-DV...he+eternal+zero

If anyone can find it as an English language film I may be tempted to have a look at it.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: OT: outstanding movie - 07/13/15 06:58 PM

wave

2 older ones but worth looking at are:

I bombed Pearl Harbor and Zero. ( Both are hard to find.)

Re: OT: outstanding movie - 07/13/15 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Rugbyfan1972
Cavaliere57,

I have found it on Amazon, it is being released as "The Fighter Pilot" on 9th November, Japanese language with English subtitles

(Link below)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fighter-Pilot-DV...he+eternal+zero

If anyone can find it as an English language film I may be tempted to have a look at it.

I watched it yesterday on PopcornTime,it's in Japanese and I used English subtitles,in fact...but it's worth it all the way,it's very moving a film about feelings, deep ones, seen form the side of a Japanese pilot,a different point of view it's a film against war in the end,starting these days when two Youngsters try to research the story of their Grandpa who was dead in WWII and they find that....well cannot tell the plot biggrin
I cried seeing it....

Re: OT: outstanding movie - 07/13/15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: carrick58
wave

2 older ones but worth looking at are:

I bombed Pearl Harbor and Zero. ( Both are hard to find.)

This one is different from the usual "war movie" Carrick,it's a different league, sort of like "Thin Red line"....cannot explain,you have to watch it.
Posted By: Banjoman

Re: OT: outstanding movie - 07/15/15 09:11 PM

Just watched it and it was wonderful. One of the best wartime movies I've seen in a long time.

Re: OT: outstanding movie - 07/16/15 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Banjoman
Just watched it and it was wonderful. One of the best wartime movies I've seen in a long time.

Told you!! thumbsup
© 2024 SimHQ Forums