homepage

Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates as of 31 May 2015

Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates as of 31 May 2015 - 05/15/15 11:17 AM

Greetings All,

I've been plugging away at my WOFF map project when time allows and can now provide you folks the latest updates. As before, I am using 1 February 1916 as the primary in-sim mapping date which means these charts are only going to show the aerodromes seen in the sim at that time. I have made numerous adjustments and additions as well as a substantial distortion correction to the Verdun map. Also, I have provided generous overlaps between the maps which mesh precisely so that you can cut and paste them together as needed based on your AO. And, let me also add my thanks to Robert Wiggins who has been providing me with corrections as he's run across them while using these maps in his own campaigns - much appreciated Sir.

NOTE: New additions to the maps as of 31 May. Here is the link to the updated zip file download:

WOFF Map Set May 2015 Update 3

Happy Navigating!

Lou

Posted By: MudWasp

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/15/15 11:26 AM

Thanks for all that work thumbsup
Posted By: MFair

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/15/15 12:07 PM

+1 thumbsup
Posted By: CatKnight

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/15/15 03:12 PM

Very nice. Thanks Lou!
Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/15/15 03:51 PM

Thanks Lou, much appreciated!
Posted By: CCIP

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/15/15 04:48 PM

Super! I've always found your maps extremely useful since they let me fly without any navigational aids, and that's great!
Posted By: Raine

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/15/15 05:00 PM

Lou,

Great news, and even greater work.

Thanks!
Posted By: Hasse

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/15/15 07:49 PM

Thank you for your hard work, it's much appreciated. smile
Posted By: OldHat

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/15/15 08:22 PM

Excellent Maps! Thanks, Lou.
Posted By: Olham

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/15/15 08:26 PM

Lou, you are a tireless aerial photographer and cartographer.
Thank you for your time and patience, and all these wonderful maps -
they are great contributions to this fine community!
Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/15/15 11:00 PM

Thanks Lou!!!
Posted By: Combs

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/16/15 03:26 PM

Thank you for the maps!
Posted By: busdriver

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/17/15 03:10 AM

Much obliged for your tireless efforts and contribution in enhancing the fiction of WOFF my Hero!

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/23/15 06:03 PM

Many thanks everyone for the kudos, I'm glad to know you're all finding the maps a useful addition to your WOFF experience.

I've been travelling most of the week and have not been able to visit the forums or fly any sorties, but I was able to work on my map project while I was away. I've completed a set of the Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps showing the situation as of January for the years 1915, 1916, 1917, and 1918, (that means that with the unmarked versions also included there are now 15 maps in this latest set). After talking with Pol I decided it made more sense to have the situation maps coincide with the months that WOFF actually initiates such changes. The next addition to the set, (which I will start to work on tomorrow if all goes according to plan), will show the situation as of July for the same years. Here is the download link for those of you who would like to try out these latest charts, (again, these maps supersede all previous versions):

WOFF Maps Update 2

Happy Navigating!

Lou

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/31/15 12:46 PM

Greetings All,

I have added further to my Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps so that they now cover each and every WOFF front line situation from January 1915 up through August 1918. I will finish up the last two changes for September and November 1918, but I wanted to make what I have available to you folks as my work will be taking me away from this project for a bit. Here is the download link for this newest set which now contains 30 maps in total, (as before, these charts will supersede all previous versions):

WOFF Map Set May 2015 Update 3

Happy Navigating!

Lou

Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/31/15 12:49 PM

Sweet!
Got to fire up the main machine and get them d/l'ed.
Thanks Lou for all your hard work and effort with this.
Posted By: Cavaliere57

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates now available - 05/31/15 01:58 PM

Great work,thanks!! thumbsup
Posted By: Lewis

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates as of 31 May 2015 - 05/31/15 03:21 PM

Nice work Lou, is there also a Alsace map?

Can I make some small suggestions/corrections?

I just got through reading Rene Martel's 'French Strategic and Tactical Bombardment Forces of World War I'

Amazon: French Strategic and Tactical Bombardment Forces of World War I by Rene Martel

Which within he does a really detailed job of identifying the location of some of the lesser known French bomber squad aerodromes, vis-a-vis Lemmes and Vadelaincourt. Which are much further South on the Via Sacre, and are at a bit of a W-E opposition to one another. In fact I can show you exactly where Vadelaincourt Aerodrome is, because the two Fir trees they put red lights into to guide home their night flights and mark the airfield boundaries are still standing in Google street view.

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates as of 31 May 2015 - 05/31/15 03:29 PM

Lewis, I have not done the recce of the Alsace yet but I will start on it once I have the remaining situation maps completed for Flanders, the Marne, and Verdun. The initial recce of an area takes many hours so it will be a while before the Alsace maps are available.

To your point about aerodrome locations, as these maps are meant to show the location of such things in the WOFF landscape it does not actually matter where they were or are in the real world. The old CFS3 landscape has a fair amount of errors in it, some of which migrated into OFF/WOFF. For this reason my maps will not always jibe with Google Map or other RL maps as the whole point of this exercise is to provide you folks with accurate maps to navigate by in WOFF.

Posted By: Lewis

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates as of 31 May 2015 - 05/31/15 03:44 PM

Gotcha thumbsup

Thanks for the explain. blush

If there's anyway I can help with the Alsace area , ( unfortunately it will be with OFF not WOFF..) let me know, I'd like to assist.

I started noticing some discrepancies between OFF's locations of Belfort Fontaine, Chaux and Corcieux from FG's location's of these aerodromes with the new FG 2.0 scenery mods. Corine level Shuttle Radar Telemetry terrain mapping does make a difference.

Don't mind me, just a bit French Bomber squad obsessed ATM.. blahblahblah

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates as of 31 May 2015 - 05/31/15 04:07 PM

Thanks for the offer Lewis, but I will be fine with the mapping. What you could do though is take note of any errors you might find while using the maps, that is things that don't jibe with what you see in WOFF, and make note of the correction needed and send it along to me. That would be very helpful. And such an obsession as your current one is not a bad thing. smile2

Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Flanders, Marne, and Verdun maps for WOFF: updates as of 31 May 2015 - 06/01/15 09:25 AM

Superb! Thanks a lot, Lou thumbsup.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums