homepage

That pilot hit sound...

Posted By: Trooper117

That pilot hit sound... - 11/26/14 10:28 AM

Good god, I have been made to literally jump out of my seat several times today! eek

Flying along, all is good with the world when ''BING, TING, BAM!'' followed by a shout or groan as I'm hit...
I throw the kite all over the sky thinking I'm under attack, only to find... Nothing smile

Happily the dev chaps have it under their scrutiny, and no doubt we will see it sorted in short order.

As to my earlier woes when ver 2 would not play properly? I simply ran the installer again and now all is good with the WWI skies!
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: That pilot hit sound... - 11/26/14 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Trooper117

As to my earlier woes when ver 2 would not play properly? I simply ran the installer again and now all is good with the WWI skies!

What were your earlier issues? I am having some minor ones...
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: That pilot hit sound... - 11/26/14 11:49 AM

Game would not advance past 'go to field'... but after installing ver 2 again it is fine smile
Posted By: sportsterjim

Re: That pilot hit sound... - 11/26/14 03:26 PM

I reinstall woff and install v2 0ver 1.0 and it runs great.....sportsterjim
Posted By: OldHat

Re: That pilot hit sound... - 11/26/14 05:50 PM

I had the same thing happen while archie was exploding around me and thought, GREAT! I can now get injured from archie without a direct hit... but then realized that my health was not going down... oh well, I'm still dreaming and wishing...
Posted By: Nefaro

Re: That pilot hit sound... - 11/27/14 03:09 AM

Actually, it may be a different thing causing this...

From the videos I've seen, when some other pilot gets hit in your vicinity that squawk and huff "pilot hit" sound fires as if it's in your own cockpit (right up close).

One or two of Hellshade's recent v2 WOFF videos demonstrates it when he is shooting an enemy pilot a distance ahead of him, but you can hear the pilot screeching as if he's sitting on your lap (or as if it's you).

Not sure if that's what they fixed with the update today.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums