homepage

WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE

Posted By: Polovski

WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 02:56 PM

As you may be aware WOFF EXPANSION is OUT!

Please see our website for details.

smile

AS SOME PEOPLE SEEM CONFUSED, it's clearly explained in several sections on the website, however:

WOFF EXPANSION, requires WOFF v1.0 installed already to allow install, as it UPGRADES it to v.2.0

So you must purchase (or already have purchased) WOFF 1.0 to use it. WOFF has its own requirements see our website "Requirements" page.

The Expansion will add many new features, and also upgrade WOFF v1.0 or v1.26 or anything in between) to up to v2.0.
Posted By: Olham

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 03:11 PM

"Zooooom!!!"... (...rushes off to check...)
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 03:11 PM

Ordered! Downloading now! Can't wait to get home to fly it! Congrats to OBD on releasing it.
Posted By: Redwolf2

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 03:13 PM

Ridiculously fast download speeds(at least for the moment! thumbsup ) - took only 5 min to download. smile

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 03:17 PM

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Don't forget in your excitement to make a backup copy of the V2.0 expansion to a DVD or some other device. You get 10 downloads but still easier to just always have a backup copy somewhere.
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 03:45 PM

I make a DVD, and keep it on my work laptop, my spinning drive, and my backup hard drive!

And I've got it!!! beercheers

Congratultions OBD!
Posted By: Blooddawn1942

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 05:08 PM

Installing! Whohooo! band

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 05:15 PM

smile nice video from Rover_27 showing some of the nice lighting when the sun is low.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4040968/Re:_Combat_Reports_and_Cool_st#Post4040968
Posted By: MudWasp

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 05:23 PM

Installed and off to fly Gothas for the afternoon!
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 05:26 PM

Oh Sure!!! Release it now when I'm out of town and not able to take advantage!!! biggrin
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 05:58 PM

Getting it now!

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 06:28 PM

FYI Public service announcement.

It installs nice and easy, however it doesn't list it under the Add-On Packs window in the Workshop like I thought it would. Instead it just shows up as 2.00b in the lower right hand corner of the Workshop screen as indicated by the red square.

Posted By: Trooper117

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 06:52 PM

Not working for me... can't get it to take me any further than the go to field screen and then it wont advance any further smile
Posted By: Winding Man

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Hellshade
FYI Public service announcement.

It installs nice and easy, however it doesn't list it under the Add-On Packs window in the Workshop like I thought it would. Instead it just shows up as 2.00b in the lower right hand corner of the Workshop screen as indicated by the red square.

Yes its not an addon pack.

WM

Trooper posting in 2 or three places does not help - I did make some suggestions in other thread.

WM
Posted By: Raine

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins
Oh Sure!!! Release it now when I'm out of town and not able to take advantage!!! biggrin

Me too! I may be exceeding the "provincially recommended" speeds to get home tomorrow night. runningdog

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 08:39 PM

FYI V2.0 appears to set ENCOUNTER FREQUENCY in the Workshop to High, not Realistic. Make sure you check all of your Workshop settings, including the new DX9 shader settings to be sure things are how you want them!

Posted By: Winding Man

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Hellshade
FYI V2.0 appears to set ENCOUNTER FREQUENCY in the Workshop to High, not Realistic. Make sure you check all of your Workshop settings, including the new DX9 shader settings to be sure things are how you want them!

Yes its a new setting and yes thats the default for those that insist on instant gratification - to an extent.

WM
Posted By: elephant

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 09:10 PM

Thanks OBD for this great piece of software that is elevating WOFF to higher than ever expected,
altitudes in terms of graphic quality as well as realism and immersion.
I remember back in the time WOFF was expected, we were told that self-shadowing was never possible within the current engine,
but AnKor exceeded our expectations with his magic touch. winner
I wonder weather he could draw any other aces from his sleeve...
Is there a possibility for WOFF to make use of multiple CPU cores?
Such a feature would be another new milestone for WOFF's continuing development.
Posted By: VonPaulus

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/25/14 10:27 PM

Thanks to all developers. thumbsup
Posted By: cptroyce

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/26/14 03:12 AM

Thanks Devs..Downloading!!!!!
Posted By: Plainsman

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/28/14 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Polovski
As you may be aware WOFF EXPANSION is OUT!

Please see our website for details.

smile

I could not find the details. Where is the link to V 2.0 expansion? Is this something we have to purchase like 1.0? I see only the V 2.01 patch on the website. Sorry, I've been away for a couple of months.

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/28/14 04:49 AM

http://www.wingsoverflandersfields.com/BuyNow.html

Second product on the list sir. 2.01 is just a hot patch they released.
Posted By: Plainsman

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/28/14 04:58 AM

Aha! I had not visited "Buy Now." I was used to free patches to 1.0. Thank you. But why does the expansion to 1.0 cost more than 1.0? That's odd.
Posted By: Rover_27

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 11/28/14 08:33 AM

The 1.0 price went down at some point this year. Hey, I don't even remember how much it cost in the beginning... $60 or something like this? Anyway, the expansion is not a patch and it's well worth every cent you pay for it. Check the screenshot and video threads to see it firsthand.
Posted By: Buffo

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 12/03/14 07:48 PM

WOFF v.2 Very, very, very Nice burnout excellent work thumbsup I miss the aircraft Nieuport 10 C. On the plane, I enjoyed a lot, but maybe next time. smile2

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 12/04/14 06:03 PM

What Rover said smile
Pretty standard way of doing things regarding pricing.
New one is a fair bit cheaper than WOFF 1 was at launch, guess it doesn't matter what we do.

Thanks for the comments Buffo. Nieuport 10 C1 is not in WOFF Expansion, it will be a future add-on.

Posted By: Hasse

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 12/04/14 06:16 PM

Yeah, this expansion pack is well worth the money! smile

Is the Handley-Page bomber also coming in a future add-on?
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 12/04/14 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Hasse
Yeah, this expansion pack is well worth the money! smile

Is the Handley-Page bomber also coming in a future add-on?

HMMMM! Got me thinking about a dogfight between a Handley-Page and a Gotha! biggrin
Posted By: JimAttrill

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 12/05/14 07:55 AM

In WWII there was a similar fight between an American-crewed Liberator B24 and a Focke-Wulf Condor 200c. Both aircraft were shot down with no survivors.
Posted By: Boom

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 12/22/14 07:49 AM

SO I just install this over WOFF v1.26 and my Fokker Scourge pack?
Posted By: MudWasp

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 12/22/14 08:11 AM

Yep, that way will work.

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 12/22/14 03:18 PM

Yes or over a fresh WOFF v1.0.

Best to make sure you have no mods installed.

As per the requirements page:

WOFF EXPANSION, requires WOFF v1.0 installed already to allow install, as it UPGRADES it to v.2.0

So you must purchase (or already have purchased) WOFF 1.0 to use it. WOFF has its own requirements see above.

The Expansion will add many new features, and also upgrade WOFF v.1 (for example, v1.0 or v1.26 or anything inbetween) to up to v2.0.

Or even Features top of the page linked right under the big picture on the front page of our website.
http://www.overflandersfields.com/FeaturesWOFFExpansion.html :
" .: WOFF EXPANSION NEW FEATURES (also brings WOFF v1.x up to v 2.0)

NOTE: YOU NEED to own "Wings: Over Flanders Fields" Main Product and have it installed for the Expansion to install and work. It brings WOFF v1.0 or higher to v2.0"

Pretty clear I think.

Posted By: jwrich

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 01/08/15 06:08 PM

What size DVR disk do I buy to burn a copy of the expansion package? Do I need more than one disk to hold it?

Thanks
Rich
Posted By: busdriver

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 01/09/15 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By: jwrich
What size DVR disk do I buy to burn a copy of the expansion package? Do I need more than one disk to hold it?

Thanks
Rich

I have WOFF v1.0, Patch to v1.26, the Skin pack, the Add-On pack, and Expansion to v2.0 pack on a thumb drive. They take up less than 6.8GB. The Expansion Pack is less than 1GB (732,266 MB actually).
Posted By: AROTH

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 02/16/15 04:23 AM

Excuse my simpleness in understanding the upgrade.

If I understand this correctly, WOFF v1.0 and Patch v1.26 should be all there is before the upgrade to v2.0, right?

And, in order to prevent any screw-ups, since I have no valuable pilots or data to keep, would I better better off just making a clean re-install of v1.0 and v1.26, then add v2.0? notworthy
Posted By: Redband

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 02/16/15 10:34 AM

I'll add to this, can you install the upgrade V2.0 over the skin pack?
Posted By: stufer

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 02/16/15 10:41 AM

Aroth, you don't need to install v1.26 - just the base v1.0. It won't matter if you do install it over 1.26 but there's no need to install that if you're just going to put v2.0 on. Be sure to grab patch 2.04 once you have installed 2.0. Not sure if there's an advantage to doing a clean install of the whole thing but if you've got the time and have no data to save, then it makes sense to me to do it that way.

Redband, yes it's absolutely fine to install over the skin pack - I did and have had no problems.

Cheers
Stu
Posted By: AROTH

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 02/17/15 03:06 AM

Ok. My main concern was that I have the Aris Cloud Mod and Ankor's shadow mod on v1.0 In case I do not successfully remove those first, I was thinking that I may then experience some issues when I try to install v2.0.

That's why I was considering a fresh install of v1.0 first just to be safe.
Posted By: cptroyce

Re: WOFF EXPANSION PACK NOW AVAILABLE - 02/17/15 04:27 AM

Aroth

I believe that both those mod elements are included in V2.0

If I recall, I just d/l V.2 over my V.1 plus latest V..1 update and I was good to go.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums