homepage

So far...

Posted By: Chucky

So far... - 09/25/19 07:35 PM

I deleted my earlier thread asking for help because I've figured out what I wanted to do.

I have managed to get to ArcCorp and have landed on top of a really tall building. It's a most impressive view.

How do I find anything interesting here (the train for instance) or is it just a case of flying around exploring. Is there a map for the planet?

The jump to ArcCorp was 42,000,000 km's. At 18,000,000 km's to go the engine overheats,is there a way to combat this?

Thanks guys.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: So far... - 09/26/19 04:12 PM

Chucky,
For the engines overheating, try turning off or taking power away from shields and weapons and putting them to the engines.
I think it's a bug, but if you put your throttle to zero before jumping they don't overheat as fast. It's like they keep running while jumping.
Installing better cooling systems will also help.
The smart ass answer is to just buy a bigger and better ship.

When you get to ArcCorp, you need to select a landing zone and fly there, then ask for permission to land. This will take you to a spaceport. At least at Area 18 you can then take the train to the little shopping district.

The map isn't the most intuitive, but you should be able to click on, zoom in on, and rotate the planet to find points of interest on the surface. Shortcut for the map is F2, but you should be able to navigate there from any mobiglass page.

Re: So far... - 09/26/19 06:58 PM

Thank you Wormfood. It seems not many here play SC. I'm determined to get something out of this game for my meagre investment. I bought the poverty model to get in.

I thought I had tried F2 to get a planet map,I must try again.

*EDIT*

Ok,now I'm annoyed. When I left the game last night I was on ArcCorp asleep in my ship. I just loaded up and it says my bed isn't available and I'm back at the start position mad

Re: So far... - 09/26/19 09:25 PM

Sorry Chucky, beds on ships are hit or miss, mostly miss.
You're best bet is going to one of the beds in the habs. They have them in Olisar, Grimhex, Lorville, and Area 18. There may be a few more. Sometimes it still doesn't work and you'll end back up at Olisar. The "joys" of early access.

If F2 isn't bringing up your map, try F1 or any of the others. They're all just different pages on your mobiglass. You should be able to click on the icons on the bottom to navigate to the other pages.

Re: So far... - 10/01/19 06:01 PM

Also, to increase you jump range you can upgrade your quantum drive (the jump engines). This will let you go farther before overheating as well.
Ship parts can be purchased with in game credits you get from running missions, trading, and bounties.

Your inventory and cash gets reset every major patch (~4 months or so, next one is probably 2 weeks), so it may not be worth it to you to mess with those systems.
Posted By: DBond

Re: So far... - 10/02/19 06:01 PM

I don't play Star Citizen, at least not yet, and I am also highly critical of it. But I still want to see reports of what folks are doing. So I will follow your posts with interest Chucky.

Re: So far... - 10/02/19 07:13 PM

Don't expect too much DBond smile

I don't know what to make of this game. For a long time it just wasn't playable for me so I ignored it but I'm hankering after some space action. I've burnt out on E:D and nothing else takes my fancy,so a few jaunts in SC is where I am.

As Wormfood pointed out,it's a bit buggy. I'm never sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.
Posted By: DBond

Re: So far... - 10/02/19 07:54 PM

No worries, but I'll take any first hand accounts I can get.

And I might say that expectations and disappointment are directly proportional, so I decided long ago not to expect anything biggrin

Re: So far... - 10/06/19 08:35 PM

Wormfood,can you help?

I set a destination on a planet (a drop-off point) and enter QD. I drop out of QD usually about 1,000 km's from the target. If I then spool the QD I can't get a lock-on on the target (it's not obstructed).

This has driven me nuts and caused many exits from the game in disgust. I'm sure I saw a YT video where a guy could QD to a surface destination and it took him to within 60 km of the target.

Is this a bug or operator error?

*edit* Oh yeah,when I spawned at Port Olisar last night there was somebody else in my bed confused

Re: So far... - 10/07/19 07:38 PM

Chucky,
I think it might be a bug, or maybe it's different for various planets or points of interest?
I'll try to test it some and find out. You're flying an aurora? Where was the delivery to?

If you do get stuck a distance from an object, you can try to fly towards it at max throttle and crank up the AB. When you hit your max speed hit your decouple. At that point you should be going at least a few hundred m/s and can coast in. Just remember you're going very fast and to give yourself plenty of braking space.

As for waking up with someone else in your bed, how much were you drinking the night before?

Re: So far... - 10/07/19 10:08 PM

The more off the grid or lawless locations don't allow you to QT as close.
Also,you cannot QT through an atmosphere. If that's true in your case, you could try flying away from the planet to a higher altitude and then jumping again.

Re: So far... - 10/07/19 10:35 PM

Thanks! I think I'm slowly getting it. I think I'm expecting to do things that are not possible in-game.

2 in a bed eh,what am I like?
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: So far... - 10/08/19 04:49 PM

I wish this had something similar to a proper frameshift drive like Elite uses, where you can spool up and fly anywhere at any time, without need of locking a destination. Very buggy for now. Fun, though. I'm stuck with a crappy 300i, unless I manage to steal someone else's ship...
Posted By: RedOneAlpha

Re: So far... - 10/12/19 09:03 AM

Add another pilot to the short list of SC players on SimHQ. Pledge from the start (2015 i think it was) with a Aurora, but eneded up with a F7C-R Hornet Tracker with life-time insurance. Unplayable in my old PC (i5/GTX 1060), so I decided today to install on my newer PC which Iam doing now. It´s a dedicated flight PC.

Hopefully it will run alot better now, so if anybody needs some sector scanning before a delivery, I will be more then happy to be of service for some modest credits biggrin What kind of beer do they have in the Chris Roberts Universe? Romulan Ale beer will do too!

Seriously, will report here as I get confy with SC again...

I did have a look at all the new ships, although most you cant buy yet, but I did find the "upgrade" to ship option quite a ripp-off! They would give me somthing like 40 bucks or less for my F7C-R!

Red

Re: So far... - 10/12/19 11:05 AM

3.7 dropped yesterday,I was hyped to test it out but something went wrong. Servers down or something? In the end I gave up. Maybe today it will work.

Re: So far... - 10/12/19 11:35 AM

Been on for some hours now, works for me...

Re: So far... - 10/12/19 11:49 AM

As a remainder...

Red

Re: So far... - 10/12/19 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Red2112
Been on for some hours now, works for me...

Yup,it's working now. I knew something was wrong yesterday because although there were about 20 channels streaming SC on Twitch,none were playing it.

Thanks for that video Red2112,I learnt quite a bit I didn't realise you could do.

Re: So far... - 10/12/19 02:18 PM

Your welcome Chucky, glad it´s been of help. I think we both learnt some things from it, and can be of use for anybody else new, and/or willing to get into SC.

I had to claim my Hornet today as I mistakenly ejected in-flight LOL. Still have to get the hang of adding waypoints on the starmap, it´s a bit clunky me thinks, but all part of the learning for now. I do find there´s quite alot to do/explore from the little contact I´ve had with it, so overall a good experience so far.

Maybe we could start a SC org with folks from SimHQ winkngrin

Red
Same nick as here over at SC.

Re: So far... - 10/12/19 02:25 PM

I'm keeping it simple so far,just running a few delivery and investigation missions as I try to figure out what does what. As in Elite:Dangerous I want to avoid combat if I can. So far so good biggrin

Re: So far... - 10/12/19 02:51 PM

Well after posting a thread on the Elite Steam forums asking if Open is populated worth a darn to try again and being attacked by the vicious, carebear troll mob, subsequently getting my thread locked by a carebear mod, I think I'll try 3.7 out this weekend.

Unfortunately I only have a crappy 300i, which literally burns through all the ammo to blow up a single tier 0 bounty hunter target.

Re: So far... - 10/12/19 09:25 PM

Upgrade options to a 325a or a Avenger Titan.

Red

Re: So far... - 10/13/19 09:41 AM

Is the hanger module broken? It's the first time I've used it and I don't see any interaction points on the ground. I watched a couple of YT videos but one was a year old and the other 2 years old. Has something changed?

Re: So far... - 10/13/19 09:56 AM

Same here Chucky, it used to work that way but not now. Or they might have changed how to spawn your ship, don´t know...

Re: So far... - 10/13/19 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Well after posting a thread on the Elite Steam forums asking if Open is populated worth a darn to try again and being attacked by the vicious, carebear troll mob, subsequently getting my thread locked by a carebear mod, I think I'll try 3.7 out this weekend.

Unfortunately I only have a crappy 300i, which literally burns through all the ammo to blow up a single tier 0 bounty hunter target.

You can "Reclaim" your pledge if you so like. This is what I did when SC first started out, bought the Aurora, melted that, bought something else that I don´t recall, melted that and bought the F7C-R. Here´s how...

How to relaim a pledge in Star Citizen

In a nut shell, you get back what you paid for (no upgrades) and can use that money to buy another ship if your not happy with what you bought. You will lose what ever LTI you had in your older pledge.

Red

Re: So far... - 10/13/19 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chucky
Is the hanger module broken? It's the first time I've used it and I don't see any interaction points on the ground. I watched a couple of YT videos but one was a year old and the other 2 years old. Has something changed?

I did get the LiveWorks AR to show up while clicking on one of the nodes, but said "No Items To Display". So I guess there´s a bug somewhere...

How to use the Hanger Module

Red

Re: So far... - 10/13/19 04:10 PM

The 300i is okay, but the fixed guns drive me nuts. I figured out you can change pipper mode from floating reticle lead indicator where you put pipper on target, to leading reticle lead indicator where you put crosshairs on pipper, and that made all the difference in hitting with my fixed weapons. I went from missing every shot to hitting often. I'm taking down 10k bounties now, but #%&*$# the ships cost a ridiculous sum to buy. Glad you can rent them now! That's far more palatable.

I'm Mister-Blastman in game if anyone wants to find me.

Re: So far... - 10/16/19 09:14 PM

Just encountered my first griefer.

He was at Grim Hex destroying any ship that spawned,including mine 2 or 3 times. However some guy noticed the chat asking for help and he came along and chased him off long enough for us to get away. I watched it unfold,it was pretty awesome.

Anyway,bug or not a bug time...

Twice now I have taken a delivery mission to drop off a package at a stash house. Whilst in my ship the delivery icon is present but once on foot it disappears. Entering the stash house there is nowhere apparent to drop off the parcel. I did watch a YT video where a guy puts the parcel on one of the shelves to complete the mission but I've tried everywhere. I'm going to say it's a bug,any thoughts guys?

Re: So far... - 10/16/19 09:56 PM

Eh, I got wasted trying to enter a cave my first time. A guy flew up to my ship and wasted it in some high dollar ship of his own. Then he hunted for me on the ground using his ship's guns and finally got me.

So I respawned and flew back...

Sucker had landed. So I blew his ship up, stranding him there. Then I went into the cave to hunt him down. Sadly I never found him, but I knew he was never leaving. > : )

Re: So far... - 10/17/19 03:36 PM

Hey Blastman..

You can customize your 300i if you like. I upgraded my Mustang Beta to a 325a and customized with the XC package (Mil grade B). I had to reclaim it because the color I choosed at first (scarlet red) was way to RED LOL. Looked like a space pimp! Did think it was the "Red Barchetta" of space for awhile smile2

I finally made it to Lorville yesterday with the 325a awesome place but bugged when I tried to sleep over, but some how I woke up in the dorm. I initialy flew there with the Mustang but was not aware of the no-fly zone so crashed, and was unfortunate to get the bug that spawns your ship with missing parts! You either submit a ticket so they can reset your account, or melt your ship and buy it again. This bug was on earlier version and seems to be back with 3.7 again. I decided to upgrade to the 325a and glad I did. My F7C-R stays home till I know my way around, just in case. It´s roll is still not implemented in-game so it will be safer in my hanger for now.

Did watch a vid on mining yesterday, so the dude making the video landed next to a caves area where a Cutlass was landed with it´s side doors opened. He went into the cave to later find a dead dude laying on the floor, must have been the Cutlass owner. While in the cave he heard another ship so he hauled a** to get out of there and fly away. I guess it´s a commun practise, cave stalking that is!

Did pick-up some body armour and a SMG with some game credits, you all using armour?

Been waiting since 2013 to say...Iam finally have fun with Star Citizen! About freaking time! Must say it´s quite immersive indeed, even with it´s bugs.

Red

Re: So far... - 10/17/19 03:44 PM

Chucky...

In my case, if I start SC without admin rights, I can then spawn one ship at a time in my hanger. Try that see if it works.

Red

Re: So far... - 10/17/19 04:58 PM

Been waiting since 2013 to say...I am finally have fun with Star Citizen! About freaking time! Must say it´s quite immersive indeed, even with it´s bugs.

Red

Same here. I was going to write the game off at one point.

So far,I haven't dabbled with personal equipment although I did find some sort of assault rifle last night just lying there during the great Grim Hex raping session. I picked it up but failed at trying to use it. Why couldn't I equip it?

I have also left my ship in its standard condition,maybe I ought to see about upgrading it at some point. That was also my weak point in E:D,I never really got to grips with upgrades. I usually copied others.

Anyway,I'm playing it most nights and that is something I never thought would happen.

Re: So far... - 10/17/19 05:26 PM

Did pick-up some body armour and a SMG with some game credits, you all using armour?

My guy is pimped out in full armor and a scary looking helmet. He looks menacing, with grenades dangling off his chest, the biggest hand cannon I could buy as a sidearm with a long-range scope for sniping, a railgun, a SMG and a squad assault weapon for when things get really crazy. The railgun is a special tool for breaking into ships. Never leave home without one.

I looooove customizing my stuff. I mod everything I buy in real life, too. I can't help myself. Why keep something stock when I can make it better?

I used to spend hours in the mechlab in Mechwarrior tweaking my creations.

Re: So far... - 10/17/19 05:53 PM

No Idea why you can´t equip it, but your not alone. I bought a SMG that I can´t equip either! Iam gonna try buying some ammo thought, that might do the trick hehe. Smart me bought the SMG but no ammo! There´s an outpost called Security Post Kareah (SPK) where folks go fight off the AI. Actually it´s a FPS mission. In case you do get to equip it and wanna try it out.

Not quite all but here´s more info on that and "crimestat"...

Iam learning too.

Usefull links:

Hardpoint - Ship compare/stats

Star Citizen DB

Star Citizen Community Wiki

With regards to upgrades, it´s hard to decide because we really don´t know what path we want to take, or if so what ship stats are gonna be final. So right now it´s more of a multi-roll to find out what you like but still we are not 100% sure how it will all glue together. For example, a ship I like is the Vangaurd Sentinal, focused on electronic warfare, but since EW is not yet implemented (same happens with the radar on the F7C-R), how do we know if we wanna go with that and/or best ways to use it. Hope I make sence...

Red

Re: So far... - 10/17/19 05:59 PM

I have found this website critical for modding my snips:

https://www.erkul.games/calculator

Mechlab in space. Very much like the Elite shiplab website.

And this site is essential for figuring out where to buy the upgrades:

https://gallog.co/tradeports/

BTW don't buy disruptor cannons. I figured out an awesome loadout for my 300i, only to find out the disruptors I bought did zero damage to shields, when they're supposed to excel at stripping them...

I also already have a crimestat. #%&*$# cops tried to scan and search my ship randomly in space. What I have onboard is none of their business! So I ran...

Re: So far... - 10/17/19 06:45 PM

Thanks Blastman, great links!

Iam sporting a, 1x S4 Revenant Ballistic Gatlin, 2x S3 Mantis GT- 220, 2x S3 Arrester III, 4x S2 Dominator II (2x S3 MSD-322 missile rack + 1x S1 MSD-543 missile rack).

Armour is 30% full kit, don´t remember the model, but I do hear that 40% torso and the rest at 30% works pretty good. Do need a backpack for mining, so I might buy that outfit so I can mine, still figuring that out for now. Iam at Lorville and I hear you can buy the mining hand gun there, so it´s that time to think about it.

Yeah cops stopped me while in quantum jump. There is a bug with the QD, it locks out, and you have to re-lock again, it´s a known bug.

Again, thanks Blastman for the info/tips and links thumbsup

Red

Re: So far... - 10/18/19 06:43 PM

Last night I took a Freelancer for a spin--what a ride! 4x gimbaled Mantis 220s ripped through enemy ships so fast it felt like I was cheating. Cockpit reminded me of a bus, though. Definitely didn't have the zip of my 300i, with a max 8g burn, whereas the 300i can pull 15. Still, wouldn't mind owning one.

Also tried to visit and land on Hurston for a third time. The first two times my ship entered an uncontrollable spin on approach to landing zone causing me to crash and explode. This time... I got close... BAM. Instant death.

I'm tired to trying to fly there, only to respawn back at Olisar. The devs definitely need to speed up quantum travel. By my calculations, my 300i only gets up to 1/6th light speed, whereas in Elite we go above factors of 10.

Re: So far... - 10/18/19 09:02 PM

Go nose down towards the Inside of the space port perimeter (delimited by those floting space port signs). That is if your wanting to land at Lorville. Once close to your landing pad (ATC requested), level off and use the auto land function (press the "n" key). You might already know this but just in case.

Also, a way to avoid "astroid interdiction", is to once you engage your QD, leave your seat by pressing the "y" key.

I left Lorville yesterday, using the same technique mentioned above. Did not find any weapon shops there, although I didn´t visit the whole city. It was quite an awesome experience that´s for sure. I´ll upload a video tomorrow.

Having a blast!

Re: So far... - 10/18/19 09:39 PM

Good tips there Red!

How do you activate auto land,or is it ship specific or a module I need. I have the poverty Aurora MR by the way which I now think is a little limiting. I assume it doesn't have a cargo bay as so far I've carried all my deliveries and dropped them behind the cockpit.

I did get an e-mail from RSI today offering me a special upgrade to a 2949 RSI Mantis. Suitably interested I clicked on the link to find it was $150. That's too steep for my blood. I've never spent that on a game,the closest was when I bought Steel beasts Pro PE which if I remember was around $100.

Looks like I may have to rent my dream ship...

*edit* I got a bit miffed with tonight's session and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I had a drop of at a smallish planet.I drop out of QD and I'm about 400+ km's away. I decide to go full speed and I'll soon get there I think. However as I close in to the planet's surface I realise that I'm still 130-140 km's away and yet I'm just skimming the surface so I assume the delivery point is on the other side of the planet. So I QD away from the planet and come in again. Same thing. I try targeting another QD point on the planet to see if I can get closer but still no joy. Eventually I end up bouncing off the planet with inevitable results. Rage quit.

Re: So far... - 10/19/19 08:52 AM

Hey Chucky!

With regards to auto-land, Iam not sure if it´s "press-hold" (just a bit), or "double tap" your N key.

Here´s a handy link so you can print (PDF) a keyboard layout if you like. It´s from v3.6 but much hasent changed with keyboard bindings since...
Star Citizen Key Bindings v3.6

The Aurora MR is quite limited I would say too. It´s great if you want to get the feel for SC, but I think your already comfortable with the verse, so it might be a good Idea to step up a bit. If you look at "ship upgrades" on the store page, then choose your Aurora, then choose either a Agies Avenger Titan, or a Origin 325a, you will see what price difference you need to pay. The Titan has 8 SCU (load out space), and the 325a has 4 SCU, aside from that, both have pretty good weapon hardpoints by default, and a bed if you want to log-out in space.

Both are a mixed bag so you can multi-roll a bit. If the 325a is to expensive, check the Origin i300, it has less firepower but more cargo space. You can also customize either of the Origins 300 series at a price. That includes paint, interior, and weapon loadout. You can do that while buying it (just hit the customize button), or once you have it (choose customize in your account hanger). The good thing about this is that versus the in-game upgrades, these are permanent. So if you have to "claim" your ship you don´t have to rebuy your upgrades. Also, what ever you buy from the custumize window will stay with the overall value of your ship. In order words, if you so decide to "melt/reclaim" you ship package some day, or upgraded it to another ship, you will get everything you paid for, including the customized add-ons money.

For now, the Origin 300 series is the only series you can customize. They do plan to do the same with the rest of the ships.

The upgrade to a Titan will set you to about 24 quid...
SC store ship upgrades Aurora - Titan

My last tip on my earlier post with regards to avoiding astroid interdiction might be changed in v3.7.1...

Red

Re: So far... - 10/19/19 10:35 AM

Thanks Red. The Titan looks very nice. The Aurora MR looks too 'utilitarian' and I've never liked the looks of it to be honest.

*edit* I now own a Titan smile

Now if I could just land on a planet occasionally...

Re: So far... - 10/19/19 11:51 AM

Your welcome Chucky, glad to be of help thumbsup

I think you will be happy with the Titan. It was my second choice, and who knows, I might still get one some day.

As for landing on a planet, I too still need to do that. Looking for which planet to do so, and hope I can also pull out my guns so I can at least try them out! As soon as I do so, I´ll let you know how and where.

Here´s my trip to Lorville. You can tell I have never been there LOL...

It has a very cool cyberpunk look/feel to it, love it!

Red

Re: So far... - 10/19/19 01:18 PM

Ok here´s where you can find/buy the multi-tool...

Darn it! I was in this shop, and thought they only had outfits! Any how, back to Lorville!

This tool is going to be quite important in the upcoimng v3.8 (as a cutting tool), and will be needed for some missions (lock-picking etc.). So might as well get one now.

Red

Re: So far... - 10/20/19 11:50 AM

I got auto-land figured now. They seem to have changed it slightly from what it was. There used to be a laser line you had to fly over.

Gear down,get inside the 'landing box',press and hold 'N'. No more untidy parking and the occasional crash smile

You know,I used to hate this game and would take pleasure in adding snarky comments to SC videos on YT. Now I'm beginning to see its potential.

Re: So far... - 10/20/19 01:06 PM

You know,I used to hate this game and would take pleasure in adding snarky comments to SC videos on YT. Now I'm beginning to see its potential.

Yep, same here.

Glad the auto land is working for you thumbsup

Re: So far... - 10/20/19 04:15 PM

Glad the auto land is working for you thumbsup

Yup,I now look like a seasoned professional rather than the clueless idiot in space I really am wink

Re: So far... - 10/20/19 07:31 PM

BTW Chucky, I landed on Yela today. It´s very close to Port Olisar, wont take you more then 5min to get there. You should be able to land there too. I also pulled out my guns, and yeah they work there. Anywhere that´s a armistice zone wont let you draw a weapon.

Re: So far... - 10/21/19 03:45 PM

Wow! I've just landed at Area 18. Took the tram (I didn't know it levitated) and I'm at the Plaza. This is so impressive! Just one thing,do I need to go back to my ship to log out? If I just quit where will the game put me next time I load in?

*edit* I managed to get back to my ship once I figured out which hanger I'd left it parked. You could get lost here.

Re: So far... - 10/21/19 06:18 PM

I havent been to Area 18 yet, but at Lorville you can rest/sleep at a lodging quarters, dorm or whatever they call it there. Yesterday I went back to Lorville to buy a multi-tool, on departure from the hanger I some how exploded in mid air (outside of the hanger), when I logged in again, I found myself in bed at the dorm in Lorville. You don´t need to pay anything to sleep there, but it is a bit buggy to actually get into the room. You do spawn there by default if your ship is docked there.

Traded my 325a for a Cutlass Black smile2

Had issues with it because I didn´t know that the engines don´t revert to horizontal position once you get going, you have to manually change them with the "J" key.

Red

Re: So far... - 10/21/19 07:13 PM

Area 18 is the most impressive thing I think I've seen in a video game...ever. What surprised me was that my GTX970 didn't implode trying to render it.

Re: So far... - 10/22/19 06:16 PM

Area 18 is awesome, I fly there all the time. I have some screenshots as well, but they're too big to post here.

Also if you're having trouble getting to a location, sometimes you can ask in chat and hitchhike. Some people will also loan you a ship to try out. Doesn't always work, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Re: So far... - 10/22/19 06:35 PM

I don't have enough of my 16 gigs of ram to enjoy Area 18. My hard disk loads nonstop, pausing and unpausing.

Re: So far... - 10/24/19 12:10 PM

That's a fair point Blastman. My SC experience with 8 gigs of ram was not good. I eventually upped it to 16 and bought a dedicated SSD for games.

I think I had to lower the detail level to mitigate the stuttering.

Re: So far... - 10/30/19 07:48 PM

Wow! I both love and hate this game banghead

I keep getting a javascript error when I run the launcher. Not sure why,I did try looking for the answer. Then I noticed I had 2 instances of the launcher running in the task manager. Removing both and starting again seems to resolve this,bearing in mind I only tried running it once.

I didn't realise I could run multiple collect and deliver missions so I found 2 that had identical collect and delivery destinations. After a comedy of errors which i won't go into I arrive at Hurston. The drop off isn't a QD destination so I pick one that is closer and enter QD.

Got flown straight into the planet. explode

Re: So far... - 11/01/19 08:01 PM

Chucky,
Unless it's an emergency and you need to get out fast, kill your momentum before going into QD. Otherwise you'll get spit out going at least as fast as you entered it. I don't know how much of that is a bug, but it makes space flight very dangerous.

Re: So far... - 11/01/19 08:09 PM

It's like E:D in that respect smile Took me a while to learn to zero the throttle before making a FSD jump.

In an effort to get around that #%&*$# javascript error I did a clean re-install,all 50 gigs of it. So far so good...

Re: So far... - 11/04/19 10:27 PM

Had to fire off a ticket to support about this #%&*$# launcher error. It's back.

When you get interdicted by the police,as I did tonight,they said something like 'I hope you're proud of yourself'. I assume that one of the boxes I was carrying they didn't like. However they let me leave and I can see no downside to this. My criminal status stays neutral.

Can I outrun them and get back into QD or will that trigger a criminal record?

Re: So far... - 11/05/19 12:27 AM

I always run from the cops. If they trigger a criminal record, I kill them. Simple as that.

Re: So far... - 11/05/19 09:35 AM

I always run from the cops. If they trigger a criminal record, I kill them. Simple as that.

biggrin

Re: So far... - 11/05/19 09:37 AM

Chucky,

Your "X" key is your air-break. That will slow you down fast.

CIG has to fix the criminal record thing soon. Main reason is that they want to implement the bounty hunting / jail mechanics (prison gameplay) very soon v3.9 - v4.0. As it is, crime-stat can be triggerd by many stupid things (bugs) that should not be. Crashing your ship for example.

Red

Re: So far... - 11/05/19 12:05 PM

I realise that there is a page in the Mobiglass that tells you about what is frowned upon in various areas but who reads that stuff?

Just like I did with E:D,it's to hell with the manual/tutorials * and just explore stuff biggrin

*and then come on here and ask confused

Re: So far... - 11/05/19 05:35 PM

I have my boost function bound to my toe brakes on my rudder pedals, so when I want to stop quickly, I set my throttle to neutral and press the pedal down and accelerates the deceleration process. To a point. My heat will build the longer this is used so I have to be careful not to overload the engines.

I've never used the spacebrake.

Re: So far... - 11/06/19 03:08 PM

Guys,I'm looking for an answer to a fast travel question.

If the destination point on a planet is not QD-able,can you select another point,say 500km beyond your destination and drop out of QD early to finish someone near? I'm sure I saw a YT video where in the comments someone stated that was what they did.

I've tried to do it,but pressing 'B' or even trying to shut off the power has no effect. Is it even possible? Thanks.

Re: So far... - 11/06/19 03:26 PM

U to shut off power.

Re: So far... - 11/06/19 03:40 PM

Thanks Mr_Blastman smile I was only trying 'B and 'R'.

Re: So far... - 11/10/19 08:42 PM

Lost all my upgrades a third time now on respawn. 300k down the drain.

Does the PTU have unlimited free cash?

Re: So far... - 11/11/19 10:38 AM

This is why I don't get too ambitious with this game at the moment.

I'm not sure I could cope with that Mr_Blastman. That sounds like you put in a lot of hard work for that.

Also,if they would stop the wipes,that would be better too. I know there is a very valid reason for doing it but I hate being sent back to square 1.

Re: So far... - 11/11/19 08:50 PM

I feel your pain, but on a positive note...

In one´s adventure in the meantime, you learn what is worth/needed or not. Imagen it was persistent and you screwed up on some weapons that are not what you expected? You would have lost those credits. This has happend to me in the recent wipe, spent way to much on armor and fire arms that I really didn´t need. Next update I´ll get back my 32.000 aUEC which is what I have as default on my account. So next time I will make a better choice on what I spend my credits on.

Aside from that, spendidng alot on something that we still don´t know how it´s going to mature is not to wise now. There´s still alot of changes ahead, and what works now might not be same in the future, everything is subject to changes in WIP mode. That´s how I see it.

Re: So far... - 11/11/19 09:17 PM

How did you get 32,000 as default?

Re: So far... - 11/11/19 10:09 PM

I start with ~26k every wipe. I think it was a perk of being one of the original founders.

Re: So far... - 11/12/19 09:10 AM

I think it was a perk of being one of the original founders.

Yeah, I think that´s with me too.

Re: So far... - 11/13/19 03:44 PM

So I noticed last night after getting the nerve to log in again that my upgrades weren't completely deleted. My coolers, shields and power plant still remained but they were stuck locked on two other instances of my ship. The one I can spawn is all stock, and when I try and switch those parts to my stock ship, it says they are stuck on these other ships.

Weird.

Re: So far... - 11/15/19 04:56 AM

I can now mint hadanite by the thousand. My only limitation is how long it takes to pick up each rock. I added a macro to my HOTAS Cougar to spam the left mouse button and another to spam the F button on a toggle switch, which automates picking up rocks. Even with the automation, it takes 9 minutes to pick up 120 rocks.

Re: So far... - 11/16/19 08:37 AM

Re: So far... - 11/18/19 08:39 PM

Has anyone read the ship flight manuals? Are they fully acurate or just full of 'fluff'?

I'm seeing references to a 'rear view camera' and the TDAS Landing Mode but I've no idea if they even exist. Maybe I'm missing it?

Re: So far... - 11/19/19 01:44 AM

There are flight manuals?

A lot of what I learned from flight sims and Elite Dangerous has carried over to Star Citizen.

Hell, I can even use Falcon BMS missile evasion techniques and they work.

Re: So far... - 11/19/19 11:00 AM

There are only 6 so far that I can see. This is a link to a RSI webpage that gives a link to Google docs. LINK

This appears to be dated 2015 and I'm not 100% sure that these are official or just fan made. They are very well done though.

Covered: Aurora - Avenger - Gladiator - Gladius - Hornet- Sabre

Re: So far... - 11/27/19 07:03 PM

Over the past 2 days I've had 2 crashes. Both with rental ships. First crashes ever if I remember correctly. After the second crash I ended up with screen corruption upon restart. I did update my Nvidia drivers earlier today,anyone else noticed the same thing or is it just coincidence on my part.

I rented some sort of fuel hauler at the expo. It's so big I got lost wandering around. I'm not sure I like the bigger stuff,looks a real pain to land in those hangers at Area 18.

Re: So far... - 11/27/19 08:26 PM

Over the past 2 days I've had 2 crashes. Both with rental ships. First crashes ever if I remember correctly. After the second crash I ended up with screen corruption upon restart. I did update my Nvidia drivers earlier today,anyone else noticed the same thing or is it just coincidence on my part.

I rented some sort of fuel hauler at the expo. It's so big I got lost wandering around. I'm not sure I like the bigger stuff,looks a real pain to land in those hangers at Area 18.

Yes, got a crash just now with a rented Argo, it also kept opening the side door too, so I forced a auto-destruction (backspace) while I was in orbit. The crash was before that though. The same thing happend to me with the Strafarer Gemini (fuel hauler), could not find the cab for my life LOL! It´s got a bunch of hallways and corridors! Even lucky we have a attached flashlight (T key) cuz it was dark in there! Also lucky I knew had to get in!

Me and you Chucky would not make good space ship thiefs! biggrin

Re: So far... - 11/27/19 08:35 PM

That's for sure biggrin

I eventually found the Captain's chair and sat down. You can't fly it from there though. I guess it's more efficient with multi-crew. I swapped to the pilot position and did get it out of the hanger before the CTD.

One thing that is impressive,and not just the physical size of that fuel hauler,is the sound. It really makes you believe the size and power of that ship. Top marks for that.

Re: So far... - 11/27/19 10:08 PM

The Starfarer has a terrible layout. That and the Retaliator are my least favorite ship interiors.
Posted By: Master

Re: So far... - 11/28/19 04:38 AM

Ive pretty much owned every ship and sold / traded them up. My favorite sofar is the valkyrie with a buggie. Its just so much fun to pop the rear door and jump the buggie out. Traded my starfarer in for a Hercules (not in game yet) Also sold a bunch of my ships and picked up a polaris. Think im pretty much set. Have quite a few of the end game crew sized ships and I can just play by myself building on the low level ships. Then I've got the multi crew ships if anyone wants to coop in my group.

But honestly it still feels like the game is a long way away from having fun and meaningful coop. Its a screenshot simulator right now. I hope that changes this year but we will see.

And if anyone is looking to buy in... just get the base package or try a few free flight weekends. DONT go down the rabbit hole in buying ships unless you jsut want to give them money to make the game and right now they dont need any more money to get it made. So just buy in enough to play or grab a sub 100 dollar LTI ship. If you cant find a LTI package because it is between sales then just post here and someone on this forum will have a buy back LTI package I can guarantee it. LTI isnt that hard to get (or expensive)

But also if you are going to do that... use someone from here as a referal. It give everyone some extra goodies so there is no point in not doing it! There is a whole thread listing referal codes! Dont care who you use just use one.

Re: So far... - 11/28/19 08:57 AM

I'm embarrassed to say that I still don't understand the LTI.

When I bought my starter package it came with 3 months insurance. Was that from when I bought it?

If I lose my ship it costs nothing (unless I expedite it) so what gives?

Re: So far... - 11/28/19 10:12 AM

The Insurance thing is still not implemented yet Chucky, but once it is, it´s basically that, an insurance on your ship. Once the timer ticks then you will need to upgrade (buy) more insurance (once insurance is due) if you want to get your ship back intact (does not include none stock Items).

If you buy during this Expo, you get a exclusive 10 year Insurance on the ship purchased. Not sure if it´s only on starter packs or any ship. There are "some" exclusive ships sold during the Expo with LTI too.

Not sure if you could "melt" your actual ship, then buy it again to gain that 10 year Insurance. If so, that would be a good move.

If all others fail...

Good legit shop for LTI´s or whatever:

Star Hanger Shop

Red

Re: So far... - 11/28/19 05:41 PM

I really shouldn't buy from a gray market store. If you really need a LTI starter pack or ship there are lots of people in this community who you know are trustworthy who can sell you something for cost (a lot of times cheaper than what is for sale at the website since buyback prices are locked in to what you melted it for, you can a lot of times buy back for cheap.)

3 month insurance is pretty jank though. But it's a starter package so not much you can do there.

They have an interesting deal going on right now where you can upgrade a ship to 10 year insurance for free as long as its a really expensive ship (lol) the cheapest one that qualifies is the cutlass (100 bucks)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17366-Best-In-Show-IAE-Information

But like Red2112 was saying. They also are selling packages with 10 year insurance this anniversary sale. And some "warbond" ccus which will upgrade any ship to apply them to into 10 year insurance.

The whole store is overly complicated IMO but if anyone needs someone to explain it let me know.

Im on that simhq discord in my signature pretty much 24/7 if anyone wants to talk.

Re: So far... - 11/28/19 06:02 PM

It´s not that gray Master but one can choose obiously if they don´t want to buy from them...

Star Hanger customer protection

It´s a known site by CGI. I bought my Arrow with LTI there with no issues, and upgraded officially to a Hawk yesterday and same, with no issues..

Red

Re: So far... - 11/28/19 06:03 PM

They do have a LTI starter package going right now but it's WARBOND. Warbond means only new money so you cant melt your package and buy it you'd have to buy it with new cash which is stupid if you are just trying to upgrade your starter package insurance.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...Expedition-Starter-Pack-Warbond-IAE-2949

This one comes with sq42 and SC
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...S-EXPEDITION-SQ42-COMBO-PACK-WB-IAE-2949

To give an overview of insurance though...

when the game leaves beta and enters full release (it is currently in alpha still) they will activate insurance. Your insurance timer will start THEN. Once it counts down and you lose the ship you will be give the option to buy the ship back like how elite does it. You can also buy in game insurance for the ship as well for in game money.

LTI is lifetime insurance. IAE insurance is 10 year insurance. Everything else will list it like 6 month - x year. This is ONLY hull insurance. So when you lose the ship you will only get back the base ship and factory components. You can also buy component insurance in game and get the ship replace as how you lost it. You can also buy cargo insurance to get the cargo replaced if you lose it. (you cant actually buy any insurance in game yet)

They also have a system on their store called cross chassis upgrade or CCU. For the most part you can upgrade any ship into a new ship. So if you have an aurora and you want to upgrade to a cutlass you would just go into the ship upgrade and pick your aurora and then pick the cutlass and buy an auror->cutlass CCU. The new ship retains the insurance of the previous ship.

This results in new concept ships (with LTI) being called LTI tokens. Since you can upgrade them to any available ship via the CCU. So if you wanted a LTI valkyrie you could buy a Pisces LTI ship for 40 dollars

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/anvil-pisces/C8X-Pisces-Expedition

and then buy a pisces to valkyrie CCU and your new valkyrie would have LTI. (you can buy a valkyrie now but it comes with 10 year IAE insurance https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Anvil-Valkyrie-IAE-2949 )

Then you have something NEW this sale. Warbond CCUs. Normally, like I said above, a ccu maintains the insurance of the base ship. But Warbond CCUs can only be bought with new money (normal ccus can be bought with credits) and they upgrade your ship insurance to whichever is better IAE or original LTI. So if you had a 6 month insurance aurora and you upgraded it to a polaris with a Warbond CCU then it would be a Polaris with IAE insurance.

Its all really #%&*$# overly complicated.

Re: So far... - 11/28/19 06:20 PM

My starter pack was AURORA MR STAR CITIZEN + SQUADRON 42 COMBO with 3 months Insurance. I upgraded to the Avenger Titan.

Master,you say I can upgrade my account to LTI for $100? I'm tempted but will it ultimately be worth it?

*edit* I see you added extra info Master,thanks.

Re: So far... - 11/28/19 06:36 PM

You can for probably cheaper than 100. For instance if you bought that Pisces pack for 75 you would get a LTI pisces and you could then melt your current avenger titan pack and you'd be able to use that money to do anything you wanted down the road for upgrades.

Or if you really like the avenger titan I have a "$75.00 USD Advanced Hunter - LTI" in my buy back that comes with

Also Contains

Aeroview Hangar
Starting Money: 2,000 UEC
Lifetime Insurance
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Star Map
Digital Star Citizen Manual
Squadron 42 Digital Download
Star Citizen Digital Download

and again you could melt your current package and use the stuff to upgrade something or buy something else. They have cars and motorcycles for sale this week.

OR,

My cheapest buyback game package is

$45.00 USD Package - Next Generation Aurora - LTI
Also Contains

Self-Land Hangar
Starting Money: 1,000 UEC
Lifetime Insurance
Squadron 42 Digital Download
Star Citizen Digital Download
Digital Star Citizen Manual

Then you melt your current package and buy a Aurora LN -> Avenger Titan CCU for 15 dollars (in credit you got from melting). You then use the rest to do whatever. 45 bucks and you have a LTI copy of your exact package with some change to play around with.

There are lots of options. If you want to go that route let me know. Jump on discord and we can discuss all your options.

Re: So far... - 11/28/19 06:49 PM

I think Chris Roberts used to sell insurance when he was young, or worked in a bank biggrin
Posted By: Skoop

Re: So far... - 11/28/19 07:01 PM

Thanks for the detailed explanation master, I was wondering how the insurance stuff worked my self.

Re: So far... - 12/23/19 09:29 AM

Is this weird?

Yesterday I logged in to try out 3.8 (this was before the mini patch) and I had the choice to spawn at about 5 locations. Today I applied the mini patch and that option is now gone. I never played the game,just logged in.

I'm thinking it's because of the wipe,I just don't recall ever seeing it before.

Re: So far... - 12/23/19 12:41 PM

Is this weird?

Yesterday I logged in to try out 3.8 (this was before the mini patch) and I had the choice to spawn at about 5 locations. Today I applied the mini patch and that option is now gone. I never played the game,just logged in.

I'm thinking it's because of the wipe,I just don't recall ever seeing it before.

It happen to me aswell...

After the updated, I had the choice to spawn in 4-5 (can´t remember) different spawn points. I spawnd in Levski and while walking inside, I fell through a floor (bug) and came out in the open air outside freefalling and died when I hit the floor. When I went to respawn the options to respawn elsewhere were gonne.

Re: So far... - 12/23/19 04:37 PM

From now on I think we get to pick our first spawn location, but only the first time.

Re: So far... - 12/23/19 04:50 PM

Ok, that would make sense then as to what happend. Lucky I picked Levski as it´s close to MicroTech.

Game seems to run alot smoother, avatar is alot smoother in movement aswell. Less pop-ups in proximity in planets too.

Re: So far... - 12/23/19 06:20 PM

Yep, the first spawn after you make your character you get to pick where. Every other spawn is based on where and how you logged out.

Re: So far... - 05/25/20 03:06 PM

Sometime ago I pointed out that I had a Freelancer appear in my fleet and I'm not sure how it got there. Someone said I must have rented it or tried it out on one of those free weekends or something. Anyway,it's still there and I enclose a screenshot. How do I tell if it's rented? My starting money is still at default. I'm not complaining of course,just curious.

*edit* Looks like it was given out for free because of a bug? Not sure if it's temporary or for ever.

Attached picture ScreenShot0002.jpg

Re: So far... - 05/25/20 09:05 PM

Everyone gets an avenger for this free flight week. The freelancer is so everyone has access to a bed. If you get the infinite load screen the work around is to log into arena commander single player. lay in the bed and chose the logout menu on the bed and it should clear the infinite load screen for getting into the PU.

Im not sure when they plan to get rid of the freelancer but probably it's here until 3.10

Re: So far... - 06/18/20 06:21 PM

I give this a BIG welcome!

It´s about time they paid more attention to things that really matter in a space sim, like it´s flight model...

Red

Re: So far... - 06/18/20 07:12 PM

I'm going to check those out,thanks Red.

I really wish they would fix their launcher issues. It's a toss up whether it's going to work or not. This has been an issue across multiple game versions and I've done everything to cure it including clean O/S install and game install and raising a support ticket.

Re: So far... - 06/18/20 09:25 PM

What kind of issues? Sometimes I get a timeout the first try, or if I alt tab out and back in real quick it will usually avoid that and go right into the game.
Once in game I've had very few problems the last few weeks.

Re: So far... - 06/18/20 09:32 PM

Sometimes a javascript error,sometimes the log-in box won't show up. With the latter I know I can just re-set the launcher ( Ctrl + Shift + Alt + R) but with the former I just don't know. I went through a lengthy ticket support chat over that one and their final bit of advice was so convoluted and complicated I just didn't bother. It's entirely random.

It's ok though,if it runs I think fine,I'll play it but if not I just play something else.

*update*

Just carried out a launcher update (mandatory) and now upon opening the launcher I get a red box telling me SC can't continue. The only real option to continue is to verify files which I am now doing. Oh joy it's only 13 gigabytes to complete.

Is this a new update? If so it's never gone this way before. It was 3.91 before this update started which I thought was current.I just keep telling myself....it's an alpha,it's an alpha.

*update* I was wrong. It's not just 13 gigabytes,it's also an additional 48 gigabytes.

Re: So far... - 06/19/20 01:28 PM

Do you have the launcher and the game installed to the same drive? To me it sounds like your launcher lost the location of the game and redownloaded the whole game to a new location.

Re: So far... - 06/19/20 01:31 PM

You got it Master,I just checked. I'll delete the old copy,move the fresh install back to my games drive and create a new shortcut.

If the install location came up I guess I missed it or was just clicking too fast. I knew it would be my fault smile

Re: So far... - 06/19/20 05:17 PM

I think there is a bug with the launcher where it reverts to the default install location. Im not sure what causes it but a lot of people seem to be having it when they verify files. If you ever get that red popup box saying it cant start starcitizen i'd check to make sure its pointed the right direction.

Re: So far... - 06/21/20 12:12 PM

I'll be sure to do that.

Still getting the javascript error with the new launcher at times. I'm not alone with this problem.I'm not sure why they can't fix it. It's been happening for quite a few updates and launcher versions.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums