homepage

StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016

Posted By: Master

StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/09/16 12:16 AM

Tomorrow is starcitizen's 4 year anniversary. Every year they hold a citizencon where they reveal things about the game. This year they are supposed to show off more of their procedural planet tech as well as play through a Squadron 42 mission.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15536-CitizenCon-2946-Details

The livestream is at the link below and starts 5pm PDT.

Quote:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.co...ber-3rd-2016/p1
Sunday, October 9th
- [1430 PDT / 2130 UTC] CitizenCon 2946 Preshow Livestream - https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen
- [1500 PDT / 2200 UTC] CitizenCon 2946 Presentation Livestream - https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

They also revealed a new ship yesterday. It's a corvette class military ship. You can see some early pics and details at this photo album. More info will be released tomorrow when it officially goes on sale. (i'd suggest no one buy it. It wont be ready before the game launches and you can just buy it in game with money earned in game.)

http://imgur.com/a/VtHqp
Posted By: Ratcatcher

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/09/16 07:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Master
They also revealed a new ship yesterday... It wont be ready before the game launches and you can just buy it in game with money earned in game.)

And it costs.... A LOT! ($625)

And needs a crew of 13-24.

Looks quite nice though.
Posted By: strykerpsg

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/10/16 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Ratcatcher
They also revealed a new ship yesterday... It wont be ready before the game launches and you can just buy it in game with money earned in game.)

And it costs.... A LOT! ($625)

And needs a crew of 13-24.

Looks quite nice though.

It's listed at $750.00 on their site...

I was contemplating melting some stuff to get her when you listed $625.00, but $750.00 would mean melting most of my fleet..no thanks.

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/10/16 03:16 AM

Yea the 625 price was for subscribers and concierge members but the fine print was that you had to pay cash to get that price. You couldnt use any melt money.
Posted By: strykerpsg

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/10/16 04:09 AM

Yea the 625 price was for subscribers and concierge members but the fine print was that you had to pay cash to get that price. You couldnt use any melt money.

Ouch, though a subscriber, I never saw that but would definitely not part with cash only versus melting some assets and combining with some cash. I think I am maxed out on ship buying support until this whole thing gets released and gels up a bit, if you are even still able to purchase past beta stage.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/10/16 08:23 AM

Did they spill any details on S42 gameplay, DRM... etc?
Posted By: Chucky

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/10/16 09:59 AM

I'm not sure if I've wasted my money on this.All I see is new ships available for 'ridiculous' money and flashy presentations.When are they going to start fleshing out the gameplay? I want to be able to enjoy this before I'm carted off to an old people's home old_simmer

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/10/16 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Did they spill any details on S42 gameplay, DRM... etc?

No sq42 gameplay. That was supposed to be the cornerstone of the presentation but but something must have gone really wrong. Even up to a day or two before the presentation they were still hinting at the sq42 gameplay then the actual presentation had an hour and a half of filler talks that seemed very rushed in preparation. My guess is that the day beforeish something broke in the demo and they abandoned displaying it.

I was extremely disappointed and now I am somewhat worried. It's a bit late in the game to not have anything to show for their SP campaign. With that said...

Video of the whole presentation is up. Warning it is long.

here is a link straight to the actual game play part.
https://youtu.be/XuDj5v81Nd0?t=5126

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/10/16 01:49 PM

Here is a post presentation interview about the Sq42 stuff.

https://youtu.be/cHf7LOk7EJo?t=180
Posted By: BigC208

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/10/16 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Chucky
I'm not sure if I've wasted my money on this.All I see is new ships available for 'ridiculous' money and flashy presentations.When are they going to start fleshing out the gameplay? I want to be able to enjoy this before I'm carted off to an old people's home old_simmer

I've followed the developement off and on over the last four years. Almost bought one of the combined starter packages but decided to hold out untill the game is ready. Did the pre order for the Rift and hoped SC would be ready by the time I got my Rift. Did not happen. Now playing ED and by the Time SC is ready should be an experienced Starship driver ready, to learn a new physics engine.

I'm a bit put off by the amounts of money people are being asked to put into a game that''s not finished yet. When you''re spending thousands of dollars on a game in developement you should at least be getting a cut of future profits or a set dividend.

What happened to starting with a small ship and work your way up to bigger ships? Nobody worried that not having to fight/trade your way up the ladder will make this game boring in a short amount of time?

Looking forward to seeing the game finished and start my carreer from the bottom.
Posted By: K6_Scorpion

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/10/16 09:43 PM

I have some non-starter ships, but I still plan on starting out in an Aurora or 315p and go through the game. I've learned my lesson over the years that cheat codes only cheat me out of the experience of playing through the game. As you mentioned, getting bored because you've already got everything is the end result.

The vibe I got from the presentation was... "plan b" and it didn't feel as rehearsed as the demo they did last month. I'm still not concerned about the end result because what they're showing, IMO, seems pretty cool. As they've stated many times, once they have S42 in the can, those resources can start working on other things (ships was yesterday's reference), so I'm looking forward to that.

I've got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy while I wait and I'm hoping I don't fall into Chucky's boat of being carted off to the 'Old Dude's Home', but who knows, that may work out... I'm thinking Big-Ass LAN Party once he sets up shop there.

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/10/16 09:52 PM

Here is a post presentation interview about the Sq42 stuff.

https://youtu.be/cHf7LOk7EJo?t=180

Thanks for the link, figured that was the reason...

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/11/16 08:35 PM

I really want to know how true to the word "DRM-Free" they will stay. What they show is utterly amazing.

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/11/16 09:01 PM

Planet V2 @ 1080x60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/11/16 10:01 PM

I saw that worm and thought... we have wormsign... someone pick up the harvester!

If it's this fluid with the framerate, I can see myself spending a lot of time just flying NOE looking for stuff and recording video clips, in the M50.

One of the things that I like about following along in development, I get try stuff out, so I don't have to jump into the game and think...where do I start first?... I'm hoping I'll have a pretty good idea of which path is the most compelling to me at release.

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/12/16 02:28 PM

Okay, this is crazy. So they can do space combat and then get down on the planetary level almost to an Arma3 level of detail...

Yikes.

Edit: I hadn't finished watching the video. Oh my god. This is truly the answer to: "What game could you build for a few million dollars?"
Posted By: Chucky

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/12/16 03:38 PM

I'll admit,it's probably the most impressive thing I've seen for years.I just don't want to wait years to experience it.
Posted By: Ratcatcher

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/12/16 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Chucky
I'll admit,it's probably the most impressive thing I've seen for years.I just don't want to wait years to experience it.

Well I know that counting on RSI's release plans is not unlike trying to keep the Titanic afloat by using a ladle from the galley... optimistic but ultimately doomed to failure and dissapointment. However...

They are "close" to releasing Star Marine as in that should be out for testing in the next couple of weeks, following that comes 3.0 which is the first iteration of plantery landings, missions, cargo, etc and it sounds ( or sounded ) like they were going for the end of the year to have that out.

That is basically "the game" that I want to play, it will have a purpose and have the key elements to make it fun, from there they can build on it, as they describe in the gamescon presentation. So it shouldnt be years, maybe a year, hopefully a fair bit less.

Heres hoping.

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/12/16 06:56 PM

Everyone pretty much knew that the SQ42 thing was going to be delayed. I just wish they would have showed something since they said for a month that they were going to display some sq42 stuff.

The delay though is no big deal. I dont think people understand how big SQ42 actually is.

They have a 1255 page script (movie type) which equals out to be 20+ hours.
They have motion captured and audio captured the script already and confirmed it is 20+ hours of material.
The game will be 60+ missions across 28 chapters equal to about 40-60 hours of gameplay with branching mission structure.

I dont even think they ever planned to have Sq42 out by end of this year. They were hoping to have the first chapter ready or the first 2-3 missions playable. I think they ran into issues with the AI though. Obviously though they probably wont even have the full game of sq42 ready by the end of 2017. But I do expect a large part of it to be playable during 2017. I hope they stick with their original plan of releasing it in chapter format instead of waiting and releasing the whole thing at once. But I dont think anything is confirmed as far as release goes other than "not this year."

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/14/16 05:19 AM

I always thought releasing it by chapter would be cool... sort of like game of thrones where they leave you at the red wedding in the end of the chapter/season (mouth wide open) thinking... WTF just happened and when do I get the next chapter to play/find out how this turns out.

Posted By: kestrel79

Re: StarCitizen CitizenCon: Sunday 10-9-2016 - 10/15/16 08:00 PM

That video was impressive, but still I have a feeling it's going to be some time before it's all running smoothly and bug free. But that's fine, take their time with it. Hardware will have a chance to catch up. I got plenty of other sims/games to keep me busy until then.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums